XY Do you think there will be any new kinds of Berries?

HoOhLugia

The most Ultimate and Powerful Pokemon Master!
I think that there will be a new kind of berry. Well, there might be, or not.
But it just came up to me.

If you have any ideas, please answer the following.

Name:
Size:
Status (hard, soft, very hard..etc):
Taste (spicy, sweet, dry...etc):
Effect (in battle or not):

You may also describe the way it looks.

RE: Do you think that there will be a new kind of berry?

I don't really care if there are new berries or not, but I want to see them growing wild and plantable in-game again, like in Hoenn and Sinnoh. Having to rely on the Dream World for that is silly.

RE: Do you think that there will be a new kind of berry?

Maybe, but whatever they add is probably going to end up being extremely rare (they might just end up doing more event berries like Micle, Custap, Jabocan, Rowap, etc.)

They should make a berry that'll cure the infatuation status.

Name: Straw Berry
Size: Modertae
Taste: Sweet (100%)
In-Battle Effect: Cures infatuation
This berry has shades of red, pink, and white, similar to the colors of Strawberry and Cream Ice Cream. It has a soft, cold and sweet outside with a rich, creamy white inside that brings out the strawberry flavor a lot.

Rarity: Moderately Rare

In addition, they should make berries in X and Y more accessible. Depending on the DW for berries was ridiculous. However, I do want a Join Avenue-like store that'll sell berries, too, along with those exclusive berries (Salac, Liechi, Petaya,etc.) and damage-reducing berries. I also want the Berry Pot from HGSS to return as well.

Something occurred to me. Now that Fairy type is confirmed, there has to be at least one new berry to reduce super effective Fairy type attacks.

Bolt the Cat said:
Something occurred to me. Now that Fairy type is confirmed, there has to be at least one new berry to reduce super effective Fairy type attacks.

Actually, that would be right!

drosewood67 said:
They should make a berry that'll cure the infatuation status.

Name: Straw Berry
Size: Modertae
Taste: Sweet (100%)
In-Battle Effect: Cures infatuation
This berry has shades of red, pink, and white, similar to the colors of Strawberry and Cream Ice Cream. It has a soft, cold and sweet outside with a rich, creamy white inside that brings out the strawberry flavor a lot.

Rarity: Moderately Rare

In addition, they should make berries in X and Y more accessible. Depending on the DW for berries was ridiculous. However, I do want a Join Avenue-like store that'll sell berries, too, along with those exclusive berries (Salac, Liechi, Petaya,etc.) and damage-reducing berries. I also want the Berry Pot from HGSS to return as well.
Actually the rawst berry is the pokemon equivalent of the strawberry, its an anagram (rawst-straw)

Maybe they will change/add the/another berry system to something that fits better with the pokemon macaroon-like food. Maybe they can be found in shops.

I didn't like the berry pots because they gave you four, in x and y I wouldn't mind it if you could get 12 pots. I hope you can buy a berry farm, I hated BW for that, BW (2) you could buy them in joint avenue it was okay. For new berries I want berries that raise up a base stat and make the Pokemon more friendlier, maybe an evolution berry. I don't k ow really it just something new

Ghost King said:
For new berries I want berries that raise up a base stat and make the Pokemon more friendlier, maybe an evolution berry. I don't k ow really it just something new

Like HP Up, Protein, Iron, etc.? As long as it has the same restrictions to keep it from being overused.

Bolt the Cat said:
Ghost King said:
For new berries I want berries that raise up a base stat and make the Pokemon more friendlier, maybe an evolution berry. I don't k ow really it just something new

Like HP Up, Protein, Iron, etc.? As long as it has the same restrictions to keep it from being overused.
Yes exactly, its just a pain to buy those vitamins, so grow them in berry forms :D saves money and you get more.

Ghost King said:
Yes exactly, its just a pain to buy those vitamins, so grow them in berry forms :D saves money and you get more.

They'd probably have to be rare event berries, and like I said, they'd have to be restricted in the same way that the vitamins currently are to prevent abusing them.

I would really like to have berries planted around the region. I always loved that in Pokemon Pearl, Diamond and Platinum! I liked to see my berries grow and when I pick them up, I will get more berries more quickly. For instance, you could plant five berries (of the same kind) and when they harvested, you would get five each. I always liked that.

Back