Discussion Do You Subscribe to any TCG YouTube Channels?

lt_tatter

donde esta la biblioteca?
I am just curious to see if any of you watch battles/analysis/build videos on youtube.

Follow anyone specific?

I like DarkIntegralGaming cause he finds some good ways to make cards competitive and finds some interesting combos.

Anyone else to watch out for?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I sub to any TCG channel I find that has decent content for Pokemon. I'm trying to grow my YouTube channel too but that is very hard to do.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I used to love unboxing videos when I was younger. Every once and a while, I'll still watch a couple of them. UnlistedLeaf was always my favorite for those kinds of things, even though the things he says are fairly "Macaroni N cheesy N meatballs"...

*ba dum chh* (none of you got that reference... I'll stop now :oops:)

Anyways for competitive play DarkIntegralGaming has been my favorite for a while. I enjoy the unique but unexpectedly good decks he comes up with. Really helpful for inspiring what I could make myself next :D

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
I used to love unboxing videos when I was younger. Every once and a while, I'll still watch a couple of them. UnlistedLeaf was always my favorite for those kinds of things, even though the things he says are fairly "Macaroni N cheesy N meatballs"...

Anyways for competitive play DarkIntegralGaming has been my favorite for a while. I enjoy the unique but unexpectedly good decks he comes up with. Really helpful for inspiring what I could make myself next :D

Hasn't he only been around for like 2 years?

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
Hasn't he only been around for like 2 years?

Almost. His first video was Feb. 19th, though it technically wasn't related to PTCG.

I'm personally subscribed to DarkIntegralGaming and YellowSwellow. I was subbed to Pokedecks as well, but I stopped watching his video because I like a massive amount of versatility for ideas etc. and it simply wasn't provided on that channel. That said, I feel that Donald (DIG) and Dennis (YS) both provide a great combination of insight and humor to their videos. Also, it always makes me laugh when Donald throws shout outs to Dennis and others in his videos.

I think one of the most important things both bring to the table is the idea that you can run nearly anything and win, which shows just how good of a game Pokemon TCG is. There aren't many games that have vast and versatile competitive pools of decks and ideas and quite frankly, I feel that it's 100% appropriate that PTCG is one. After all, much like the VG, you never know what may catch you off in a battle and cause a loss.

-Asmer

Tanure13

Aspiring Trainer
DarkIntegralGaming, YellowSwellow and Tcg Center are very good channels, they bring alot of different decks, budget friendly and stuff like that...but this is more of a forfun play...the best channel for me is OmniPoke, they focus in the competitive scene, the meta decks and some tech to play against them. They also play the game in real life and usually get very good results in some regionals. Really nice videos to watch, they play very well.
TeamFishKnucles is another good channel, the guy started to interview the top 8 players from the most recent reginals, very good content in general.

IcKY

Aspiring Trainer
DarkIntegralGaming, YellowSwellow, google and pokemon evolutionaries are probably who i watch the most for deck techs and ideas.

JDJ415

Aspiring Trainer
Omnipoke
Tablemon
LittleDarkFury
TeamFishKnuckles
MetaDeck

Agreed about google. Alot of clickbait sadly :(

Lunarwork

Just causing a total lunar eclipse....
YellowSwellow

That guy's awesome at making decks, he's my role model on my PTCGO.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I subbed so many "PokeTubers" like Prof. K's. I watched DarkIntegralGaming sometimes but not subbed. I subbed them because of the pack openings, which I actually like

Yog

Rogue
I've found the Chaos Gym really good. At least, it's on the rise and not fallen to the clickbait so many channels do. Quality content well presented so far. Probably my favourite right now. Proper meta stuff. Specifically interviews with players who made the top cut at any given regionals and why their version of whatever deck is the one they went with.

Tablemon is enjoyable & informative (a difficult combo to pull off), but a bit much sometimes. He has a nice mix of genuine meta stuff but the little fun stuff like his pokedex of decks show a more relaxed side to the constant points chasing.

TeamFishKnuckles & YellowSwellow are long time two staples well worth looking at.

I enjoy DarkIntegral's enthusiasm but for educational purposes it is not great. Kind of unfortunate then, it is most new players first stop. Fun though, don't get me wrong.

I found a good one today - still only small about 15 videos - called "Discount Pokemon Decks". He is well aware that the Meta Decks are covered by dozens of other channels so all his videos are his own random creations. A bit like DIG except he seems very aware that his builds are hit and miss fun decks and nothing more. He explains his reasoning for everything very well though, not that I always agree with it, but it is good to hear. That is the real hook.

Last edited:

21times

Aspiring Trainer
Yellowswellow (his video on Tsareena is must watch for every human being on the face of the planet)
TeamFishKnuckles (hilarious and very knowledgable... maybe the first person to ever play a GX attack?)
Omnipoke (his sun and moon set review is AWESOME ... even though he says "Gross" way too much)
tablemon (good player, very active and involved)
DIG (just fun decks)
Meta Deck (excellent deck ideas)
TCG Center (extremely skilled)
Discount Pokemon Decks (new but he does a good job of explaining while playing, a good teacher)
Trainer Chip (very involved in the game, his breaking video on the leaked Evolutions cards was amazing)
Chaos Gym (very good at conveying current meta information)
LittleDarkFury (good skill, good knowledge)
google (always has reviews on the newest cards, he's further ahead of the curve than anyone else when it comes to new promos, sets... he just posted another one as I'm writing this)
Pokefam (his Rainbow Road deck has won me a ton of tournaments and versus ladder rewards)
TheTokenMinorities (very good at explaining his reasoning while playing)

Can't go wrong with any of these guys - keep up the good work gentlemen!

SceptileSquad

Leaf Blade!
Yell0wSwellow is probably my most recommended for TCG decks. I also like LittleDarkFury, google, and DarkIntegralGaming.

SirKnight

Securing the win
I mainly watch google, and ThePokemonEvolutionaries, but i also watch DarkIntergralGaming and a bit of YellowSwellow.

SirKnight

Securing the win

I got the reference.

felinefine

see you later space cowboy.
YellowSwellow has to be my favorite:) Both his videos, and twitch streams are super funny and his deck lists are informative;)