Help Do people weigh packs still???

jack123454

Aspiring Trainer
Do people weigh packs still? Or did they make it so it's harder? Just wondering before purchasing some packs online. Thanks.

I don't mess with physical packs, but as no one else has answered, the last I knew was that it was extremely difficult (maybe not even possible) to gain any useful information from weighing packs of cards anymore. The card with the redemption code for the PTCGO is - I think - different depending on what else goes in the pack. They use it to balance out the weights.

I keep spreadsheets of my pulls from Booster Boxes and out of interest I weighed packs, and kept the weights on the sheet. It is not possible to weigh them at all, as they all weigh the same with around 1g variance, and there have been times where an Ultra Rare weighed on the lower end of the variance, so no, you're safe to buy physical packs.

Do people weigh packs still? Or did they make it so it's harder? Just wondering before purchasing some packs online. Thanks.

It really depends on the set. Any packs before the early XY-series can be weighed. I believe starting around Phantom Forces is where they started doing the code card variations, making it very difficult to weigh packs.

There are exceptions, however. Sets like Shining Legends and Champion's Path have a guaranteed holo card in every pack! Same with old Japanese packs before Black/White era.

Back