Help Discussion on Queenly Majesty

Troy94

Aspiring Trainer
Can you stack up the ability Queenly Majesty? So for each one your opponent puts down they discard a card? Or is it one a turn? Cause this crap is broken af

here's the ability for reference
Ability — Queenly Majesty
Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this Pokémon to evolve 1 of your Pokémon,
you may look at your opponent's hand and discard 1 card you find there.

so yes each time you evolve a poke to tsareena you may use queenly majesty to discard a card, by itself this isn't broken as you put it, as it would be used 4 times max, but things like devolution spray/AZ/super scoop up combined with forest of giant plants allow for multiple uses of the ability in the same turn and along with other discard cards like team skull grunt it becomes much more powerful.

if an ability is limited to one use a turn total it will say something along the lines of "you can't use more then one (ability name) a turn."

Last edited:
Thank you! And that's what I meant by broken when your using cards like AZ, devolution spare and forest of giant plants the ability gets highly annoying lol

@treyh37

That actually isn't the correct effect text; well, unless the official website's TCG Card Database has a bogus scan. ;) There it reads

When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may have your opponent reveal their hand. Then, discard a card from it.
From what I can tell, it appears the "Once per turn..." was either dropped from the Japanese version, or was never there in the first place but added because TPCi rarely leaves it out. I had to correct this over two other websites so far. Maybe @Water Pokémon Master should consider changing the official translations on PokéBeach to reflect the English text? I'm not sure, because I am a poser who doesn't read any Japanese, so I don't know if they really include "Once per turn..." or not. ^^' It also is a bit like closing the barn doors after the horse has already bolted, and so it may not help much. >_<

So other than that, trehy37 is right, @Troy94. As many times as you can trigger Queenly Majesty in a turn, it will work. It isn't as effective as it sounds, though; this set gave us Oranguru, while most decks already try to have options (both in how they are built and run) to deal with topdeck situations. Annoying to almost all decks, but only really threatening under specific circumstances.

Back