Tsukeo

Skitty is so cute! <3
I have a decklist on my other computer which features:

4 Absol Prime
3-3-3 Kingdra Prime
2 Uxie LA
2 Relicanth SV
1 Crobat G

Absol is my preferred starter, which also is backup for 70-90 damage. Absol give 20 damage if they put out Basic. Also, If I start with Absol and a Crobat G, I may donk Magikarp or other 30 HP starters.

You say that you may 'donk' starters with absol + crobat g; however, when they play their pokemon to the active spot and bench at the start of the game, they won't be affected by absol's body.

If you were referring to being able to kill 30 hp basics on the bench, there are so few of those (Magikarp and Hoppip are the only commonly run ones; baby pokemon are very rarely used) that it is almost negligible. In addition, knocking out a magikarp of your opponents can sometimes be helpful, as 99.9% of decks with Magikarp are going to abuse the fact that it is now in the Discard pile.

That said, I can understand the idea behind the deck being the 2 damage counters when they play a pokemon, plus 1 per turn with kingdra. However, I don't think that these two cards really have enough synergy on their own.

I would suggest running some psychic energy, and then running a 2-2 Gallade G/Gallade G Lv X line and a 1-1/2-2 Espeon UD/CL line.

Gallade G allows you to put 1 damage counter on all of their pokemon when played; and can then be poke-turned (or you can attack with him;) and then return absol to the main spot. Espeon allows you to move 4 damage counters from your own pokemon onto your opponents in any way you like... which would synergize well.

If you're just playing for fun, you could tech in a Metagross with the Gravitation Poke-Body; which reduces the HP of all pokemon in play by 20. However this wouldn't serve much purpose in competitive games.

Gallade G/Espeon look like good techs in this deck, yeah. I'd also earmark Mandibuz from B&W when it comes out for this deck - a stage 1 that snipes for 50 for D is just too good for this kind of deck.

I do not believe Kingdra is the best idea for this deck, tbh. Metagross would be a better stage2 if that's how you're playing.

It could also make for a very interesting LostGar variant; remember, Gar Prime can snipe decently, and Absol Prime puts things into snipe range. This could possibly force people to hold pokemon in their hands, creating a double threat - play it and give your opponent the prize, or hold it and get it lost zoned.

Back