BW/BW2 Different Pokemon Available Depending on Starter.

Corycorcor

Twiggin' it.
I don't think this is very likely but i was just thinking about it.

What if the Pokemon you could catch in your game depended on the starter you chose?
For example, if you picked Smugleaf, you'd be able to catch Hihidaruma, but not something else?
It'd be interesting and it'd be a way to encourage more trading between games, so it isn't just version exclusive anymore. but if they did something like this they'd have to introduce a LOT of different new Pokemon so it'd be fair and you'd have a lot to capture in game.

if that makes any sense. ^__^

EDIT: Ok it's clear you guys hate the idea.

I would think that different pokemon will be availible for capture in different games.
Like every other game has.

mammaluigi said:
I would think that different pokemon will be availible for capture in different games.
Like every other game has.

Oh I wasn't saying to drop version exclusives, but have, well. Version Version Exclusives as well.

Ok, then i think this is not a good idea.
Say you selected Mijumaru, and you wanted a Hihidaruma.
You can't get one can you D:

I wouldn't like this, it sets too much limitation on what Pokemon we can and cannot have.

This to me sounds horrible. So if I choose a starter that I like there will be different Pokemon I could catch? To me this doesn't sound good. I highly highly doubt they will do this. Many people will be mad and probably will choose a starter they might not even like just to catch some exclusive Pokemon (which seem good to them) though cannot be caught by other starters (if chosen). This would cause a lot more confusion around and people will start hating this new rule.

Also the grass starter is not Smugleaf just to let you know.

Why make it harder to obtain all the Pokemon in the PokeDex? ._. That's just plain silly.

dmaster out.

This would indeed be harder to catch other Pokemon and also complete the pokedex (as stated above by dmaster).

dmaster said:
Why make it harder to obtain all the Pokemon in the PokeDex? ._. That's just plain silly.

dmaster out.

This.

I hate version exclusives! Every pokémon should be available in-game without the need of trades and events!

That would be too exlusive. There would be too much trading too complete your Pokedex, and that's hard enough as is. Just no.

I'm finding the version exclusive difficult. Why can't both versions just hold the same simple Pokemon instead of wasting time and seeing what types of Pokemon are found in each versions. Your idea is just making things worst by if you choose a starter then there are some Pokemon that you tend to see and cannot see if you have other starters.

I say no, because if you trade to get 2 Starters then that ruins the whole system. What if you picked something, and then traded for another, what Pokemon would be available?

Also I hate completing the 'Dex, so no.

We already have limits to which Pokemon we can catch with the different versions, so having even MORE limits depending on our starter would just be too much. :(

Well this would be a desperate move on Gamefreak's part but if it were to happen, I PERSONALLY wouldn't mind as I plan to get all 3 starters anyways so just trading 3-6 more is no trouble for me.

Back