Difference Between Old and New Pokemon Shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Have you ever noticed?, Pokemon shows.

Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:
I've said this several times before, but all the people who loved the original series need to get their heads out of the sand. It's old and Pokemon HAS gotten better, whether you guys want to say it or not. Sinnoh, since it's the newest, has more episodes that fit something other than these random fillers that have plagued the other series. (And, I know, Sinnoh will suffer the same fate. It might, but they won't give Sinnoh as many fillers, though.)

Actually, I think that the sinnoh episodes have more fillers than the newer episodes. Well, it seems that way to me anyway. If not, the Kanto fillers seemed more enjoyable. =P

Either way, I prefered the older episodes.
And I've said this many, many times but I really miss Misty being in the show. ;[

That's another point. Misty isn't coming back and people need to realize that.

But that's the thing. I think more people would watch it if she did come back. A lot of people prefered her to both May and Dawn.
But that's just my opinion anyway..

It's proves the point. It's unhealthy to dwell on the past. People need to move on and accept the fact Pokemon has changed.

Yeah, now we have crummy voice actors, and 3-D-ness put in randomly. The show is so much "better" now.

I quite like the 3D stuff. ^_^

People know the show changed, and they accept it, but that doesn't mean to say they have to like it. DP is by far inferior to the older episodes.

I think the main thing is that the older series' were more entertaining for older peoples, where as the newer ones were aimed more at younger audiences. The T.V. show is now aimed at like 4 year olds, but originally pokemon's target audience was about 10-14, or that sort of area. Ever noticed on a tcg box, they say: Recommended for ages 10 and up? Its because pokemon was originally targeted at that age group, and the show was too. I mean, anyone remember the banned episode with the beauty contest? That was WAY too inapropriate for younger audiences, and even got banned for it.

I hate it when people like Sweet Dawn say that we are scared to admit that it has got better, because really, it has changed audiences. The fact that you find it better, Dawn, is showing how you are more entertained by young kids T.V. For people my age and up, we can all agree that the show SUCKS.

HOwever, the films have awesum storylines, if the were allowed to use sligfhtly more adult content, and more action, they would actually be amazing movies, because they have fantastically amazing storylines. Well, slightly anyways.

Abotu the female side-kicks, well, Dawn is an air head, who is too obsessed with fasion to be able to ruthelessly harm small creatures. /jk. However thoguh, Dawn is just stupid. She has no character, she is just some person who is there to fill in the gap that misty played. She's just a bulbbering half-wit. She doesn't have any charcter traits that stand out, and this makes her a boring and uninteresting character. The only character traits she ever shows are idiocy, and immaturity (I mean, she is like a baby with leg extensions in big clothes IMO)

May was alright, but again she didn't have enough characterness in her. If someone said: Describe may in 3 words, I would say: Boring, Ordinary, Dull. Well, at least she wasn't a baby-ish blubbering idiot.

Misty was awesome. She had a personality, the angry hot-headed tough girl. She was a great character, she was interesting, and she was not a baby in adult clothes.

As well as this, you can tell the characters have changed to suit younger audiences. Ash has got younger, and comparing to the first episodes, he has a higher voice, his knowledge has decreased, and generally he seems younger. Dawn plays a much younger character than misty did, and Brock is just brock.

Basically, there is only one viable theory to the inner workings of the anme:

*DRUMROLL PLEASE

/me drumrolls

Bacon's very own time loop theory!

*everyone cheerd

Wait....

OH yeh. No-one knows what that is. Well, ask bacon.

/me holds you all in suspence until bacon comes along.

Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:
Contests aren't boring. It gives something else to watch besides Ash's Gym Battles.

Short,Sweet,and to the point.:)

That's probably the reason they made Contests. It gave something else to watch besides the Gym Battles and fillers.

Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:
That's probably the reason they made Contests. It gave something else to watch besides the Gym Battles and fillers.

So your saying that even when a pokemon evolves, or a new one is caught, that it is still a filler episode? I do agree with you on the contests. If they did the same thing in Hoenn, alot of people would have stopped watching. Misty may never come back, but we don't know for sure. We only know that her sisters went on a world trip, and has to take care of the gym while they are gone. But more than likely, she will only be in a few episodes, and then go back. But if that's the case, Dawn and May will never come back. But in my opinion, Sinnoh sucks. Dawn is just, immature, annoying, acts like a little brat, and doesn't understand why she can't win every contest. Ever time she loses, she cries, and the voice acting is corny. Misty and May were so much better than Dawn. She is just a piece of c-r-a-p. Now Ash, don't even get me started on him. He makes too many mistakes now. Stuff he shouldn't forget. His new voice actor sucks compared to the old one, he is always saying corny things, and won't stop trying to tell Paul that his way of training is completely wrong, and his is completely correct. He always gets cocky, and then loses, then we end up spending an episode how he gets back to his normal self, and then beats the trainer he lost to. Brock, is the only decent one. He hasn't changed a bit. Which is good. I do admit, sometimes when he flirts with every pretty girl he looks at, can be annoying, but most of the time it's funny. His pokemon are intresting unlike Ash and Dawn, and he is intresting. Now Jessie, James and Meowth, I don't know what it is, but something is different about them. In a not so good way. They are still funny, but they are nothing compared to when the show first started. They were more funny then. Johto was their peak, but after that they started to go downhill. Now imo, Sinnoh is the worst seasons we have ever had. To me Johto was the best, sure there were alot of fillers and boring episodes, but most of those episodes had character development. (I think I spelt that wrong). It was interesting, funny, and while alot of people hated it, I loved it. Kanto was great aswell, Hoenn is next, and for me, it ties with Kanto. They were both great, and had great moments, but for me weren't as good as Johto. Hoenn maybe, but not Kanto. Then at the very very bottem, is Sinnoh. It went downhill from Hoenn. It had the potential, but it has dug itself into a hole so deep, that it can't get out. Johto was improved from Kanto, Hoenn I guess you could say was better than Johto, but Sinnoh, hasn't improved from anything. Mainly because of the stupid voice acting, and the stupid new characters like Dawn.

Bonsly said:
Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:

So your saying that even when a pokemon evolves, or a new one is caught, that it is still a filler episode? I do agree with you on the contests. If they did the same thing in Hoenn, alot of people would have stopped watching. Misty may never come back, but we don't know for sure. We only know that her sisters went on a world trip, and has to take care of the gym while they are gone. But more than likely, she will only be in a few episodes, and then go back. But if that's the case, Dawn and May will never come back. But in my opinion, Sinnoh sucks. Dawn is just, immature, annoying, acts like a little brat, and doesn't understand why she can't win every contest. Ever time she loses, she cries, and the voice acting is corny. Misty and May were so much better than Dawn. She is just a piece of c-r-a-p. Now Ash, don't even get me started on him. He makes too many mistakes now. Stuff he shouldn't forget. His new voice actor sucks compared to the old one, he is always saying corny things, and won't stop trying to tell Paul that his way of training is completely wrong, and his is completely correct. He always gets cocky, and then loses, then we end up spending an episode how he gets back to his normal self, and then beats the trainer he lost to. Brock, is the only decent one. He hasn't changed a bit. Which is good. I do admit, sometimes when he flirts with every pretty girl he looks at, can be annoying, but most of the time it's funny. His pokemon are intresting unlike Ash and Dawn, and he is intresting. Now Jessie, James and Meowth, I don't know what it is, but something is different about them. In a not so good way. They are still funny, but they are nothing compared to when the show first started. They were more funny then. Johto was their peak, but after that they started to go downhill. Now imo, Sinnoh is the worst seasons we have ever had. To me Johto was the best, sure there were alot of fillers and boring episodes, but most of those episodes had character development. (I think I spelt that wrong). It was interesting, funny, and while alot of people hated it, I loved it. Kanto was great aswell, Hoenn is next, and for me, it ties with Kanto. They were both great, and had great moments, but for me weren't as good as Johto. Hoenn maybe, but not Kanto. Then at the very very bottem, is Sinnoh. It went downhill from Hoenn. It had the potential, but it has dug itself into a hole so deep, that it can't get out. Johto was improved from Kanto, Hoenn I guess you could say was better than Johto, but Sinnoh, hasn't improved from anything. Mainly because of the stupid voice acting, and the stupid new characters like Dawn.

I agree, but Sinnoh has one good thing. Movies. Those are pretty much the best movies (Except Darkrai. EEEW.).

Yeh, the darkrai movie was meh. I disagree about ocntests thouh. To most people of my age group, they are, well, boring. If I am watchign a contest episode, then it would be my sister who comes inot the room to watch going :'awww he's so cute- what's he called?'.

And yet, you are all completely wrong about why they made contests. Nintendo had a lot of complaints about how pokemon encouraged violence and stuff, and showed animal cruelty as a good thing. Nintendo made contests to say: "Well, pokemon do other cute stuff like play dress-up and make pretty fireworks too, so they aren't all bad".

This is also why a more childish element has been intorduced to the anime. In the first series, there were people using guns, and the beuaty and hte beach episode, which was just very very very very wrong in general, and the mewtwo returns movie was actually rated PG (well in england anyways) because to be honest, it wasn't as apealing to children.

Nintendo had to make changes, but just changing the games wouldn't do - it wouldn't be obvious enough. The TCG was fine, so what area was still problematic? The anime.

And that, readers, is why the anime sucks.

WEll, I think anyways.

OH yeh, and I'm still waiting for bacon to come and explain the epic time loop theory.

I think that contests are ok. Sometimes they're cool, and sometimes they're boring.
I thought that Sinnoh started out good, but then started to go down hill (I also think that about Johto and Hoenn).
Even though the anime can be lame at times, I still like it. There are still some good episodes every once and a while, like the summer school. I liked those episodes a lot.
Kanto was my favorite because it was really funny. Sinnoh is my second favorite followed by Hoenn. I hated Johto. I just thought it had too many really boring episodes.

Paper PokeMaster said:
Bonsly said:
Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:

I agree, but Sinnoh has one good thing. Movies. Those are pretty much the best movies (Except Darkrai. EEEW.).

Now, I do agree with you there. The movies are great. I will admit though, the episodes aren't bad if you watch them in Japanese, and if you can understand it, it's just when they dub everything, it becomes corny.

For me, Kanto was the best. The Orange Islands were meh because of Tracey. Johto was okay, but since it was the first 3 or more dub season arc and had no cntests, it had a lot of filler (but filler =/= bad and non-filler =/= good). I really liked Hoenn until about dubbed season 8 (the last 4Kids season). It would have been so much better if about 90% of the bg music wasn't 4Kids stock (and if Max wasn't tagging along being a whiney smartass). I HATED Battle Fronteir because the PUSA voice actors hardly had any time to get used to their characters, so they sounded bland. Diamond and Pearl was the pit of the anime. Instead of ranting in paragraphs about why it sucked, a clip online basically sums it all up. I cant find it, but I'll explain it. Okay, so Ash and Dawn decide to help random character of the day. Then we get focused on Dawn, with her little giggle, and how she -gasp- changed outfits! They we get to see all of her wittle adowable Pokeymanz in costumes. Then we get to see Ash crossdressing. Everyone's like "Nahw, you look so fine!" whereas if this was in any other arc, he'd me at least teased a little bit. Then we get creepy guys coming in and Ash being all "OMG I want to suceed at everything". Then we have Team Rocket watching. Which brings up somthing else, it speaks volumes about the quality of the show when the villains are reduced to (at least in the dub), rhyming, not threatening, prancing morons with overexaggerated voices (James always sounds like he has a head cold, Meowth sounds like he has laryngitis, and Jessie...sounds decent). Let's not forget the horrible slew of 80s and 90s slang (Meowth: "Dig it!"). Thankfully this all changed in Best Wishes.

I'm still a little irked when I hear the voices. That's one of the main reasons as to why I pretty much gave up on the show in the middle of battle frontier and onwards. Maybe the episodes were interesting, but the voices were what I kept thinking about and therefore I couldn't fully enjoy the show. Now with Black & White, there's only Ash and Team Rocket to cringe at a bit but without Brock..this all feels just plain old weird. I've definitely gotta move on.

Kanto was great, I really enjoyed Hoenn though. The whole "Advanced" theme, look, and feel was what made that arc enjoyable for me. Ash and Brock had some pretty nasty outfits in Sinnoh and so I guess that's another reason as to why I wasn't much of a fan of that one. But yeah, old is gold and we "old-timers" just gotta move on.

Please do not reply to topics that have not had a new post for two weeks or longer.*locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back