dialga/palkia

foo895

Marowak Trainer Extraordinaire
how come for great encounters the dialga and palkia are the same as the diamond/pearl ones?

there just reprints, anyways there new ones in Mesejtic Dawn

haha...Mesejtic Dawn

I'm not lauging at you prof, idk, i just thought it was funny the way you spelled majestic

anway, i know they are reprints, i just found it odd that they reprinted the dialga/palkia cards instead of coming out with new ones.
i mean..what was the purpose of it?

foo895 said:
haha...Mesejtic Dawn

I'm not lauging at you prof, idk, I just thought it was funny the way you spelled majestic

anway, I know they are reprints, I just found it odd that they reprinted the dialga/palkia cards instead of coming out with new ones.
I mean..what was the purpose of it?

My guess is (and I started playing at GE) that when the set first came out, for some people it was "Oh, I want a PALKIA!!!" and when GE came out they easily bought both decks and multiple boosters and tins getting Dialga and Palkia and their Lv. X's.

Regardless of why they did it, those cards aren't that great anyway.

Now Darkrai is a card I can get behind. Even with three different versions and a Lv. X, I can't get enough of that Pokemon.

Scarfcario said:
Regardless of why they did it, those cards aren't that great anyway.

Now Darkrai is a card I can get behind. Even with three different versions and a Lv. X, I can't get enough of that Pokemon.

Wrong! Darkrai has 4 different versions and a level X:D (the promo)

True. And the reprint is for marketing. They advertised Dialga/Palkia way more in GE than they did in DP (I think). They also made the Lv.X of each and put them in tins.

Maybe it points to the fact that they made the card once but then reprinted
because they hade a cooler picture but couldn't think of new dialga/palkia stats (HP, attacks, retreat cost, etc.)
But every little kid needs his dialga/palkia;)

Back