Dialga Palkia legend new meta game deck

Kiefer_777

This is the all powerful genosect.
I have been studying the clash at the summit set and found a pretty interesting combo. If you can get out Dialga Palkia legend out with 2 basic metals and a rescue energy with a Heatran lv x on the bench you can mill your opponents deck every turn while ading cards to their prizes. With one of its attacks you can add the top two cards of your opponents deck to their prizes at the cost of discarding all metal energies, but if you have heatran x out you can save them. Then if DPL gets knocked out the rescue energy will bring it back.

^It doesn't work and here's why:

You need to actually load up the energy in your hand. Heatran does not retrieve energy, you need it in your hand.

wrong?

you discard all metal energies attached to palkia dialga legend to use its attack.
and:
Heat Wave
Once at the end of your turn, if Heatran is on your Bench, you may use this power. If you discarded basic Energy cards attached to your fire or metal Active Pokémon by that Pokémon's attack this turn, attach up to 2 of those Energy cards to that Pokémon.

so since PD legend is both metal and water, heatrans pokepower works and you can add prize cards again and again.
however, in order for this to be effective, youll need to attack at least twice before your PD Legend gets knocked out.

You can spray as you could with any other deck, however it doesn't stop them from adding the 2 prizes for that turn, they will just lose the energy in that case.
and you can get it back with conductive quarry. He would have to bench it but now your opponent is still up to a possible 8 prizes.

@Ogeray: Well that's not what I mean. In order to use the power you need the energy in your hand. you can't search the discard pile for them meaning you need 2 energy in your hand every turn.

Once at the end of your turn, if Heatran is on your Bench, you may use this power. If you discarded basic Energy cards attached to your fire or metal Active Pokémon by that Pokémon's attack this turn, attach up to 2 of those Energy cards to that Pokémon.

@Tyraniking: Heat Wave says to "attach up to 2 of *those* Energy cards to that Pokemon". (Jun 18, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

In this case he can attack return his two metals to dialga. The rescue isn't metal so its not discarded.

He would need to build it up first or play a legend box ;)

But he doesn't need 2 energy in his hand every turn cause heatran grabs them before there discarded.

Wow, Tyranniking is right. You may attach two energies FROM YOUR HAND to Heatran. It never says anything about taking the energies from the discard pile SO the most logical interpretation of "attach 2 energies" is FROM YOU HAND meaning you would need some FISHERMANS.

I think there's an errata on this, correct?

A. You can't spray the power since it specifically states once at the END of your turn. Attacking in effect ends the turn, which means that since your turn has ended, Power spray won't work (similar to Fainting Spell).

B. The combo works. As stated above, Heatran's power allows the reattachment of basic energy discarded in order to use the attack (as long as the attacker is fire or metal type). You don't need energy in hand, since the energy that are being reattached are the same ones being discarded so long as they are basic.

So @blaZofGold, while normally this would be the ruling, since Heatran says you attach 2 of *those* energy used, you can recycle the energy over and over.

You do know Gengar Prime will walk all over you right? After all, its not like he needs to take any prizes at all to win.
Aside from that - good luck in getting Heatran X on your field and benched. That's often a hard thing to do.

Power Spray works - its still technically your turn. Power Spray doesnt work on Fainting Spell because it happens in your opponents turn. Heatran's power however is still in YOUR turn.

Kiefer_777 said:
I have been studying the clash at the summit set and found a pretty interesting combo. If you can get out Dialga Palkia legend out with 2 basic metals and a rescue energy with a Heatran lv x on the bench you can mill your opponents deck every turn while ading cards to their prizes. With one of its attacks you can add the top two cards of your opponents deck to their prizes at the cost of discarding all metal energies, but if you have heatran x out you can save them. Then if DPL gets knocked out the rescue energy will bring it back.
Stealing my ideas, eh? jk
I've been looking forward to this combo for quite a while, and it looks fun. I also added:
Slowking HGSS (To look at their deck and choose what to make prizes)
Floatzel GL Lv.X (Eliminates the need for Rescue Energy)
Level Max (For all those bulky Lv.X's)
Indigo Plateau (HP!!!)
And I just thought of this: Exploud, to get rid of Luxray Weakness. Sounds bulky, though.

Most everyone I know is telling me that it won't work, but I'm glad you're on my side. Two person Meta! \m/

And,
Heatran Lv.X said:
Heat Wave
Once at the end of your turn, If Heatran is on your bench, you may use this power. If you discarded basic Energy cards attached to your {R} or {M} Active Pokemon by using that Pokemon's attack this turn, attach up to 2 of those Energy cards to that Pokemon.
So, with that ruling, You DO NOT need the energy in your hand, but it can be sprayed, as it still is our turn. That's my belief, anyway.

exactly, its the same as heatran lv x and magcargo deck, except with fire energy.
still, the set up will be really hard. the new bronzong and legend box will help, but setting up a lv heatran will be quite hard also.

do you have a secondary for this deck? some kind of tank/staller? (special metal energies and metal pokemon>?)

El Radar said:
A. You can't spray the power since it specifically states once at the END of your turn. Attacking in effect ends the turn, which means that since your turn has ended, Power spray won't work (similar to Fainting Spell).

B. The combo works. As stated above, Heatran's power allows the reattachment of basic energy discarded in order to use the attack (as long as the attacker is fire or metal type). You don't need energy in hand, since the energy that are being reattached are the same ones being discarded so long as they are basic.

So @blaZofGold, while normally this would be the ruling, since Heatran says you attach 2 of *those* energy used, you can recycle the energy over and over.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106898&highlight=heat+wave

I lol'ed Radar. You should know that of all people with you actually being a Professor. :p

dmaster out.

And then I nuke your t3 strat with a t2 gadget bolt, slow but effective.

Basically if you think heatran lv.x in this combo think of a multi purpose typhlosion prime, it's the same thing, however this deck has got to suck for attack, not to mention that it's gonna take awhile to deck them this way. cya

okay guys this idea isnt really that hard to figure out
first get out dpl with bronzong or legend box
next get out heatran x with level max
get two basic metal and a rescue on dpl
the two basics get reattached because of heatran and the rescue brings back dpl
and maybey even a bubble coat to get rid of dpls pesky weaknesses
oh yeah and use indigo plateau to give dpl 30 more hp

@dmaster lol that isn't how I would interpret it, but a higher power has overruled me. This is why I barely passed the prof test :p

You guys keep going on about how good of a deck this will be when you have a million things listed that you need to get out. I don't see it happening.
Besides, doesn't Bronzong send it to your hand? Judge waves goodbye. If you can manage to get EVERYTHING set up, you'll be behind in prizes, and now you need to set up 4 Energy?! I just don't see it happening...

three energy and you really don't need bronzong
im thinking mabey instead of bronzong a 2-2 line of scizor prime for late game

Back