• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Dialga G/Garchomp C (Seniors/Any)

miniman

It's Blissey Time
Hi All, this list won me 2 cities, but I reckon it needs more inprovements

Pokemon: 16
2-1 Dialga G X
2-2 Garchomp C X
2 Uxie
1 Crobat G
1 PromoCroak G
1 Ambipom G
1 Smeargle UD
1 Unown Q
1 Bronzong G
1 Azelf

S/S/T: 29
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
1 Aaron's Collection
1 Twins ,Great for getting Special metals
4 Poketurn
3 Energy Gain
3 Power Spray
3 SP Radar
2 Expert Belt
2 Energy Exchanger
1 VS Seeker

Energy: 15
4 Special Metal
4 DCE
2 Warp Energy
3 Call Energy
1 Metal- Basic
1 Psychic

Strategy:
Begin to Defen lock with Dialga G, while setting up another Dialga G on the bench with 4 special metals + E-belt and tank while doing 100 and sending energy to the lost zone with Remove Lost.
Garchomp for free heal, works great with warp energy.
Energy Exchanger to grab special metals easily.
Any help is appreciated. =)

This is just me, but I would use Smeargle as a starter, to do possibly 2 supporters first turn(at least 1). I would max out Smeargle, but as for stuff to take out, I"m stumped. Maybe a VS Seeker. But good decklist overall.:D

Thanks for the Feedback yoshidude, but I've got to disagree maxing out smeargle is a bad idea, Dialga serves as a great start as it is able to get a defean lock going from T1. Smeargle is able to, as you said can let me use 2 supporters per turn, but maxing it out isn't a good idea.

That sounds good, with 100 HP Dialga will last. 2 Smeargle MIGHT work, but if Dialga is you preferred starter, go w/ that.

Your list is pretty solid, I like it. As long as Machamp isn't popular near you, I wouldn't change anything.

Yeah theres no Machamp in my area, which is surprizing since most of out meta is Sp. I use to have a machamp counter (Drifblim UD) but found it as a dead draw in almost every game.

@Yoshidude
Every Dialgachomp player wants T1 Deafen.
I recommend a 3-1 DGX line for higher chances of T1 deafen

Yah, once I actually saw the card, I felt stupid. I see the strategy now, i was a little bit confused but now I get the concept.

That looks like a sweet list to me. It has a pinch a frailness in it, so adding in a third Dialga seems enough to stand up better to speedy decks. Build this any way, but play it right.

~L_X_F

Hello. Some advice:
1) 3 Dialga is a must if you play a DialgaTank deck. You always have to start with Dialga and Deafen (if you are fast, start with Deafen gives you an autowin against LuxChomp).

2) Put also a Roserade GL, against Smeargle it's fantastic. And also in other situations, it's very, very useful.

3) Don't play Call Energies in 3x line. Or 4 or 0. And in a DialgaChomp I'd prefer the second option, you already play a lot of kinds of energies.

4) Just 1 Expert Belt. It's a dead draw early game, and you often won't use them.

5) 2 Aaron's !! Now Aaron is a key card in LuxChomp and DialgaChomp, more than Palmer in normal decks! And don't say me 'I already play a VS Seeker, so there are 2 Aaron' :D, because VS Seeker is a FANTASTIC card in SP decks, and not only for Aaron. However put a VS Seeker was a very good choice, good job.

6) LOL, just 2 basic energies? To have at least 3/4 basic energies is essential for a DialgaChomp or a normal SP deck.

Recapping:
+ 1 Dialga G
+ 1 Roserade GL
+ 1 Aaron's Collection
+ 1 Metal Energy
- 3 Call Energy
- 1 Expert Belt

Hope I helped, if you need more advice, ask me (also via PM)!

I don't quite see how much one Smeargle UD is going to help you... I personally don't like this card because it has to be your active, but your choose.
-1 Smeargle UD
-2 Expert Belt
+3 PONT
PONT is an amazing card, great for dropping bad hands and will greatly add to your consistency, this is a very solid list though gotta say, props.
Oh! 1600 posts :p

Single Smeargle is good for the SP mirror. Poketurn a weird start or whatever and start a Cyrus chain, and you'll also know if they're stuck. It's useful. One thing you certainly don't want to do is drop the Expert Belts xD

Roserade is nice 'cuz it gives you extra turns, but if you play it, back it up with hand disruption if they get excited about Cyrus. Actually, back your deck up with Looker's anyways. It'll help you tons once opposing Cyrus are gone.

0 Call sounds better than 3 because of your tiny number of Basic Energy. Push more in.

Expert Belt is a dead draw early game? Certainly you want to do 30 with Deafen ASAP. I'd use Belts often with Bats to hit SP Lv.Xs, plus I really like the amazing 30 lock and bulk and everything.

Hm. How often do we need to recover lost Pokemon here? Don't drop your Garchomps like an idiot and you'll do fine with one. On the other hand, VS Seeker is too unreliable for my taste, but do what you want with it.

Thanks for jump-starting my brain, Balboa ^_^

~L_X_F

Thanks guys you've givin me quite a few things to think about.
just a few points about your suggestions

origanilly had 3 dialga in the list but found that the 3rd was clogging my hand.

I really don't like roserade Gl, I see it's uses, but really don't like it. (also I don't have one to put in anyway)

3 calls are good in Dialga Comp, I've considered a 4th. I will be keeping these in no matter what you say.

The 2 Basic energys are fine they are easy to draw with energy exchanger, the specials can be easy to get. However I will consider a 2nd Metal

Also @ LXF, the VS Seeker is great to makes the Cyrus's chain go for longer, it also can grab an Aaron or collector if needed.

Well, I'd rather play more conservatively myself, so I wouldn't play it. Also, have you ever played this without the Calls?

~L_X_F

I have played this with out Calls, it cost me a few loses during playtesting (donks), while with calls I can recover from bad starts and can also allow me to get a T2 power lock with sprays (since I need 3 SP, call lets me get the out if I go first and can't drop Collectors). Also calls can be used as fuel for energy exchangers.

@LXF -> Deafen is fantastic with Metal+Gain. Two energies means two turns, that is a turn without trainer lock for your opponent. And just with 2 E-Belts, in 2 turns probably you won't find them!

Back