Deoxys, Heat Rotom, Volcanion, and More from Tera Mewtwo and Skeledirge Decks!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
More cards have been revealed from the “Starter Set Terastal Mewtwo ex” and “Starter Set Terastal Skeledirge ex” decks!
As we previously reported, the two decks will release alongside Raging Surf on September 22nd. They will retail for 1,800 yen each.
Exeggcute – Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[P] Hypnosis: Your opponent’s Active Pokémon is now Asleep.
[P][C] Rolling Tackle: 30 damage.
Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-30)
Retreat: 2...

Continue reading...

Xatu - decent card but too weak for me, and you cannot change my mind unless I see the results. 3/3
Exeggcute/Exeggutor - 2/2
Heat Rotom - 2
Volcanion - 2-3
Deoxys - 2-3

Find it funny that an enharently BONKERS card in xatu a single prizer that draws and attaches is seen as mediocre because of how *NUTS* standard is, (not complaining I love standard rn.) It does have a small niche over gardi in that it doesn't have to attach to psychic Pokémon.

I really like the Exeggutor art. We've had quite a few Exeggutors in the last years, but this one looks much better than the last ones. Would look great as a FA with texture and colours like the plants.

Who plays that card?
I play it in locals when I'm tired of the meta. Xatu is better than Kirlia for Tinkaton because it lets you ramp into the attack without relying on Double Turbo, while also still providing the same draw two effect.

I'm not saying it's going to be suddenly tier 1, but in the context of it being "playable", that's one example.

Xatu is obviously extremely strong, but the funny part is that it is probably too weak to see play.
Shadow rider's ability has always been a good ability but it's slow and gardevoir just accelarates psychic energy so much faster. It'll definitely see some play here or there maybe in zoroark or other things that may come out in the future but it has to compete hard with gard

That Xatu will definitely be a GLC staple, and be used in some kind of rogue deck in Standard.

Xatu is ABSURDLY good. Underworld door but not limited to only psychic pokémon. Not even limited to non-rule boxes either. AND it functions as an insane draw engine. Colorless decks and mixed energy decks like Giratina could have a potential field day with this.

Back