BW/BW2 Dento's typing revealed?

Playerking95 said:
Yes but dento's badge has green blue and purple.

Nope it is def. red. But the three shapes are just diamonds. The light hitting the water diamond hides the right side, making it look like water droplet. So it looks like we just have a blue, red, and green diamonds on the badge.

Playerking95 said:
They weren't in a building when tsutaja attacked Pikachu.

Fine, they were in a stadium. The "wild Tsutarja" point is still moot IMO.

EDIT

@SQUIRTLETamer08: No, it's pretty purple. I saved the image and used a color picker (with GIMP) and the majority of the icon looks purple. There is an umber-looking shadow over a small part of it, though.

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
Nope it is def. red. But the three shapes are just diamonds. The light hitting the water diamond hides the right side, making it look like water droplet. So it looks like we just have a blue, red, and green diamonds on the badge.
No it's clearly purple well whatever it will always look different to us. So i'll drop it.

Hellion said:
Fine, they were in a stadium. The "wild Tsutarja" point is still moot IMO.

EDIT

@SQUIRTLETamer08: No, it's pretty purple. I saved the image and used a color picker (with GIMP) and the majority of the icon looks purple. There is an umber-looking shadow over a small part of it, though.
There is a sky and trees Tsutaja smashes pikachu into a brick wall near some sought of forrest.

Yeah see i'm not the only one who notices it's purple. Though it's probably a blurred photo or they made an error. But i doubt that they will make him a water/grass/fire gym leader even thought that would make a great challenge to start off with. Think about it you pick the water starter then you go against the fire starter, you win then dento brings out the water starter and you think oh this is getting a little bit harder. Then he brings out the grass one and you have to use your higher experience to beat him from beating the other two. Also he might change from the grass starter to Yanapuu depending on what game you buy.

im thinking that he has a tsutaaja and a moncoli, and his badge represents the players starter choices and/or the quizzes you have to answer. and @sum1 earlier i dont want all the gym leaders to have quizzes in their gyms and hope its just dento and aloe

tyrannitard said:
im thinking that he has a tsutaaja and a moncoli, and his badge represents the players starter choices and/or the quizzes you have to answer. and @sum1 earlier i don't want all the gym leaders to have quizzes in their gyms and hope its just dento and aloe

That was me who said that.

to PlayerKing: You're right. Now that I look at it it does look a bit purple. But let's be honest, most likey it is really red. Blue, Green, and Purple? Something just seems off. If Dento is truly going to test us on the starter types or use a fire/water/grass team, the blue,green, red grouping would make much more sense.

No need for us to create an argument out of something so trivial. We are all just excited for BW to come out already. (Sadly once it does we will have to wait until Spring to get our hands on the US version).

Hey what month does it come out in america, would it come to australia before it comes to america because i live in australia and it australia is closer for it to travel from japan to australian then for it to travel from japan to america. And yeah it would make more sense for it to be red.

Can everyone please stop arguing over the colours on the Dento badge?

The corocoro scans are, essentially, a picture of a picture. Colours and shapes get skewed and changed in this process. Until we see a proper badge artwork on the anime, or see the badge in-game, we can't be sure of the colours or shapes on the badge. A bad camera shot can easily make a blue colour appear to have a purple hue, and vice versa.

Saying "It's blue! No it's purple!" or "It's a water droplet! No it's a diamond!" is pointless until we see clearer pictures. Which luckily, will be quite soon!

----

The last two games, whether by choice or by chance, had starters which were all super-effective against the first Gym. If Dento is a Grass type trainer, then what would a suitable second type for Mijumaru? Assuming he isn't a dual-Fighting type as people suspect?

Playerking95 said:
Hey what month does it come out in america, would it come to australia before it comes to america because i live in australia and it australia is closer for it to travel from japan to australian then for it to travel from japan to america. And yeah it would make more sense for it to be red.

I doubt it. The US almost always gets videogames before Europe and Austrailia. However wouldn't be that much later after US gets it. Someone did some math, don't remember who, and based off of last year's spread from the Japanese release of HGSS and that of the US', estimated that BW will come to the US on the April 1st. If that is true, I would bet it be with Australia in the follownig 2 weeks. Just look at the HGSS release, it first came out on Sep. 12 for Japan, and finally made its way to the other countries in March. March 14th for the US, 25th for Australia, and 26th for Europe.

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
I doubt it. The US almost always gets videogames before Europe and Austrailia. However wouldn't be that much later after US gets it. Someone did some math, don't remember who, and based off of last year's spread from the Japanese release of HGSS and that of the US', estimated that BW will come to the US on the April 1st. If that is true, I would bet it be with Australia in the follownig 2 weeks. Just look at the HGSS release, it first came out on Sep. 12 for Japan, and finally made its way to the other countries in March. March 14th for the US, 25th for Australia, and 26th for Europe.

Sigh... Just my luck; looks like I'll be the last person to get the game, but nvm. I'm hoping that Dento uses different types of pokemon, which would be a first, but he'll probably stay as just one type, like all gym leaders (or at least in the games). I'd say that grass and/or rock types are likely to be Dento's speciality.

does it really matter what color part of a badge looks like? lets see the proof
for grass gym-
dentos green hair and bow
grass arena
solar beam
green spotlight
moncoli is grass type
for multitype gym-
gym badge is blue green and red/purple
moncoli is only one pokemon on his team
arena with grass could just be coincidence
solar beam is on one pokemon
dento may have an unhealthy green obsession

I think he has 3 different teams. If you choose Tsutaja he has Yanappu, Pokabu and Mijumaru. If you choose Pokabu he has Darumakka, Tsutaja and Mijumaru. And if you choose Mijumaru, he has Basarao (or something), Tsutaja and Pokabu. What do you guys think?

Shining Rotom said:
I think he has 3 different teams. If you choose Tsutaja he has Yanappu, Pokabu and Mijumaru. If you choose Pokabu he has Darumakka, Tsutaja and Mijumaru. And if you choose Mijumaru, he has Basarao (or something), Tsutaja and Pokabu. What do you guys think?

But consider that the anime confirmed his Yannapu, which I think throws any 'different team' theory out of the window.

Hellion said:
But consider that the anime confirmed his Yannapu, which I think throws any 'different team' theory out of the window.

Anime does not equal videogames (save for Yellow Version). Blue(Gary) had 3 variations for his team yet was shown with a Blastoise in the anime. All the writers would have to do is pick just one of Dentos teams. It still works out.

I'm well aware of the door being open for Anime and game differences, but I just don't see this one. Questions come to mind, for example: Why would the Anime writers single out one option over the others? I know they have flexibility and all, but... There'd be so much going on already...

Back