DeNA Developing “Pokemon TCG Pocket” Under Rebranded Pokemon Subsidiary with 50 Million Yen Capital

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
To promote the fact they’re developing Pokemon TCG Pocket, DeNA has announced it has renamed its Pokemon subsidiary from “DeNA Digital Production” to “Pokémon Card D Studio Co.”
The subsidiary was originally established in February 2020, just six months after the release of Pokemon Masters EX. It is a joint investment owned 66.6% by DeNA and 33.4% by The Pokemon Company. Its stated purpose is to promote collaboration between the two companies.
In their press release, DeNA states “Pokemon Card D Studio Co.” aims to leverage the experience gained from developing Pokemon Masters EX in order to provide “stable global services” for Pokemon TCG Pocket.

DeNA currently lists a 50 million yen capital for the subsidiary, or $317,000. For businesses, “capital” commonly refers to the money and assets a company possesses for its operations and projects.
Presumably renaming the subsidiary is a demonstration of DeNA’s commitment to Pokemon TCG Pocket...

Continue reading...

That seems... low? Where are the employees' paychecks coming from?
That is definitely not enough to develop a game, but what the announcement is referring to is a subsidiary. It is worded extremely vaguely, might as well be some kind of tax thing.

I want to know more about that Moltres ex.
Here's the full card:
Moltres-ex-Pocket.jpg

I am very excited for this game, but I’m kind of angry about the actual gameplay, based on the trailer. Also, I hope you’ll be able to create fantasy decks. Technically you could do that in TCG Live, but all you could do is play against an ai, which is not what I want. The only way to really test out a new deck is to get the cards individually. Hopefully it’ll change. Especially with this “Energy zone”

Not too interested in this app. I understand the intent, but it does make me wish that they would put more resources into the actual TCG’s online service before creating a pipeline for casuals

ONLY 50 MILLION YEN?!? That's enough for like, 5 dedicated developers in an annual scope...

Not too interested in this app. I understand the intent, but it does make me wish that they would put more resources into the actual TCG’s online service before creating a pipeline for casuals
In a previous article, Water Pokémon Master explained that PTCGL was developed by The Pokémon Company International, over in America, while this game is developed by Creatures (and DeNA), over in Japan (https://www.pokebeach.com/2024/02/h...sher-in-a-massive-new-era-for-the-pokemon-tcg, Second-to-last sentence). This is significant for a few reasons. First, this game will be available in countries where PTCGL isn't. Second, and on a related note, Creatures never collaborated with The Pokémon Company International to bring even the previous client (Pokémon TCG Online) to Japan (or other Eastern markets), much less PTCGL, so Creatures have decided (For reasons I don't know) they didn't need to invest in an online Pokémon TCG client in their home court. The fact that they are now taking the initiative to develop this new game shows they wished to tap into a different market if they took the game online. Third, in one of his podcast videos, Water Pokémon Master theorized that TPCi rushed the development of PTCGL to cement their share of the casual online gamer market before Pocket came along.

Back