• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Delphox BREAK

swapforce1

Shaymin lover
I haven't seen a single Delphox BREAK list anywhere and i think its actually pretty decent so why not write one myself .

Pokemon 14

4x Fennekin ( evolve )

2x Braixen ( evolve in case of no rare candy )

4x Delphox ( XY base for attack and draw ability)

2x Delphox Break ( Ability to power up next delphox )

2x Shaymin EX ( set up for first turn Board )

Trainers 29

2x Professor sycamore ( draw )

3x N ( draw )

2x Blacksmith ( fast power up )

1x Lysandre ( switch shaymins in )

4x Scorched Earth ( draw , staidum war )

4x VS seeker ( reuse supporters )

2x Trainers mail ( consistency )

4x Acro bike ( consistency )

4x Ultra Ball ( consistency )

3x Rare Candy ( Evolve by turn 2

17 fire energy ( attack DUH!!!! )

So what do you think. Any suggestions? Please leave in the comments below!

I will bite :)

The first thing I see is that there isn't a way to really pull the energy / pokemon back out of your discard pile outside of blacksmith. Given the way the BREAK pulls energy, it seems like you would want at least one super rod. Also, you will lose pokemon. You are likely to almost always fall behind your opponent on prize cards early. The only way to help that is to have sufficient resources to get your pokemon back up.

Second. I would probably use a 2-2 or a 1-3 split for Delphox XY vs. Fates. The Fates card can be a real game changer.

Third. You might consider a couple few Max Elixirs just to get things going early on top of the Blacksmith.

Fourth. I would also really consider a Flareon EX. The card plays very well with this deck concept.

Fifth. I think you have too much energy.

Sixth. Remember, this is a slow deck. I have found with deck concepts like this that a 3-3 line of level ball + ultra balls gets me a larger base of pokemon up front along with providing me the option of getting a couple of stage 1 pokemon turn two if necessary. This last one is probably the only controversial thing I have suggested. Others will probably disagree with me about increasing the number of balls to find pokemon. But ultimately, you aren't going to set up faster than most decks, so you need more options to pull the pokemon you need. This serves a couple of purposes. 1. You get your pokemon (duh lol). 2. It thins your deck more quickly. You have 6 instant play cards (3 of which don't require a discard) that are almost never going to be dead in your hand. Those pull 6 cards out of your deck making it more likely that your draw support will pull something useful like a rare candy / delphox.

Anyway, as with anything on a forum, take what you like and ignore what you don't :) That said, I built this particular deck with the physical cards. It is a lot of fun, but the point about it being slow and you being behind cannot be emphasized enough. It will happen almost every game. It is really whether your build can overpower and come back :)

I will bite :)

The first thing I see is that there isn't a way to really pull the energy / pokemon back out of your discard pile outside of blacksmith. Given the way the BREAK pulls energy, it seems like you would want at least one super rod. Also, you will lose pokemon. You are likely to almost always fall behind your opponent on prize cards early. The only way to help that is to have sufficient resources to get your pokemon back up.

Second. I would probably use a 2-2 or a 1-3 split for Delphox XY vs. Fates. The Fates card can be a real game changer.

Third. You might consider a couple few Max Elixirs just to get things going early on top of the Blacksmith.

Fourth. I would also really consider a Flareon EX. The card plays very well with this deck concept.

Fifth. I think you have too much energy.

Sixth. Remember, this is a slow deck. I have found with deck concepts like this that a 3-3 line of level ball

1- Good idea a super rod is pretty good but what to take out
2- hmm 3-1 shure makes sense
3- i complety forgot about that card , whoops!!
4- i was considering it but i dropped it because i didn't think it was nessasary because the xy Delphox has the same attack
5- meh you will discard alot of it with ( scorched earth ) i find the deck goes faster ( considering firery torch )
6- actually thats a good idea but space is hard to find in this deck

1. You only really need 11-12 energy as long as you are able to get the energy back out of your discard pile. Super rod is super for this and I think you can spare 5-6 energy to get one or two in :).
2. I just played against the fates delphox again last night and yeah, you definitely want at least 2. That's your hammer.
3. I am on the fence with the card now that I think more about it. Between Blacksmith and Delphox Break, you might not need them.
4. XY Delphox has the same attack, but XY Delphox requires 2-3 turns to get up. Flareon EX can be hitting stuff for 110 on turn one with a blacksmith + turn energy. Flareon also allows you to hit when there are "evolution pokemon can't do x" effects up.
5. I think you have 1 too many scorched earth TBH :). If you have an efficient approach to getting the energy back, 17 is too much. If you look at any of the best Volcanion EX deck lists that are out right now, they are generally running 11-12 and that deck list discards WAY more energy than this Delphox deck will
6. I would find the space with the energy. Honestly, I think you have a couple too many acro bikes as well. I tend to prefer bicycle to acro bike in most situations because it tends to lead to bigger opening hands for me.

Ultimately, I would probably do this:
-6 Energy
-2 Acro Bike
-2 Delphox XY
-1 Scorched Earth

+3 Max Elixir / Level Ball (probably need to pick one and I tend to think Level Ball is probably the better option)
+1 Flareon EX (figure this is personal preference)
+2 Delphox Fates (this one needs to be in your deck somewhere)
+2 Super Rod
+2 Bicycle
+1 Trainers Mail

There are other tech cards you could consider (Xerosic for tool / special energy removal, Hex Maniac for Greninja matchups) and other energy approaches (7-8 fire + 3-4 double colorless), but those would require more restructuring and I am not sure that they would do anything but get in the way of your set up and set up is extremely important to this deck.

Back