• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Defensive Darkrai (Darkrai EX / Yveltal EX)

thedemonbarber

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4 Yveltal EX
    2 Darkrai EX
    2 Yveltal
    1 Keldeo EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    4 N
    1 Lysandre’s Trump Card
    4 Skyla
    2 Lysandre
    3 Hard Charm
    2 Shadow Circle
    4 Super Scoop Up
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Fan club
    1 Computer Search
    3 VS Seeker
    2 Professor’s Letter
    3 Jamming Net
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    1 Xerosic
    2 Startling Megaphone
Energy:

• 6 Darkness Energy
    4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:

I wanted your guys' thoughts on this as a competitive deck. I've been thinking about trying it for a long time, so I wanted to know how to improve it before I build it. I don't have a pyroar counter yet, and if there are any better healing strategies I could implement that would be great. In fact, any feedback at all would be great.

An extra pokemon, or something else entirely? Also, do you think it's worth having those two crushing hammers? I was considering leaving four yveltals and adding cassius in place of those hammers. Then the 2 hammers would be replaced by casssius, and the four yveltals would afford me the wiggle room to shuffle yveltals and draw back into them. Perhaps that's a bit ridiculous.

I don't really think hammers belong in Yveltal decks - Yveltal deals more damage when there is more energy on the Defending Pokemon, so hammers would be counteractive. Instead, I recommend Head Ringer - Head Ringer has the same disruption effect (the opponent must attach another energy), but in this case Yveltal does MORE damage instead of less. I also think Pokemon Center Lady is a good method of healing - Lasers are popular and Center Lady can get rid of the poison, sleep, and some damage (60, to be exact). And in general, I think you need at least 7 Dark energy, but that is just my opinion (if 6 has been working, stick with 6). Maybe a Skyla could come out, as 4 seems a little excessive to me.
Overall it looks like a good build though; I hope these suggestions help!

Back