Deck's becoming "too strong"...

Do you think decks are becoming too fast?

• Yes, decks are becoming overpower.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No. You gotta be kidding if you complain for someone giving you speed.

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

Deckbuilder Shinigami

1st Place in City's & in States :D
i've been hearing people say that decks are becoming overpower, or too fast. like, in base set, the deck were nothing compared to what we have now
what's your opinion?

Gallade was made too powerful, I mean 60+ 20 more for flipping some prizes. Also its 1st attack is Great. It can KO anything in 2 Turns (excluding resistance).

dragon9 said:
Gallade was made too powerful, I mean 60+ 20 more for flipping some prizes. Also its 1st attack is Great. It can KO anything in 2 Turns (excluding resistance).

How is that too powerful? The first attack is shut down by WP/Unown G, I don't even want to start on the second, any deck that plays Scramble will love this card (Which should be 90% of decks)

I think that they did something to make them to powerful in the DP sets. I thought theve changed dramatically from EX series (and not only because of weakness and 2 Prizes)

Po-Po-Pocchama said:
dragon9 said:

How is that too powerful? The first attack is shut down by WP/Unown G, I don't even want to start on the second, any deck that plays Scramble will love this card (Which should be 90% of decks)

Yes because every deck that plays Scramble can have something worked up on the bench after a T2 Gallade. The thing with Gallade that sets it apart from most other things, is you can't counter it unless you add cards to your deck ONLY for that. Adding in 2-3 scramble and 2 unown G cuts 4-5 spaces, which cuts consistnecy and speed against other decks. T2B eats alive G&G counters most times due to sheer speed. It limits what you can use to very stric guidelines (with Magmortar and Bane helping). obviously, unlikey starts can end G&G before it begins, but assuming they get a decent set-up, there isn't much you can do.
Anyway, I liked being a n00b that played his favourite cards better then having no real options as a competitor.

Yes, they're too powerful. But it's business. Keeping people to convert to DP players from EX ones. Sad really. How tragic cards can be...

But there are some trainers from base set{long time no see, gust of wind and old pal, energy removal} that are better left banned.

The speediest and strongest decks are not going to win all battles. Slow starts and not having what you need can draw you battle out longer than expected. The game balances out somewhere.

It's all luck. You don't know what 7 cards you're going to get in your hand, so decks aren't really becoming too powerful. Let's look at Gardallade. You may have the "greatest" deck of all time and get the worst hand ever, playing a rogue Gengar deck with a Gastly, Rare Candy, Scramble, and other good stuff in their hand. Point proven?

I find it quite amusing that Pokemon in this current format are vastly more powerful than their older counterparts and yet many players still believe they are useless in Unlimited.

That said, yes, decks are becoming stronger compared to the past. That is part of Nintendo's design as they are trying to shorten match times. Notice how they added fossil counting as prizes? Boom, no more stall decks. Or how the HP and attack damage are disproportionate compared to the Base Set days? Potions, Pokemon Centers, and other healing cards are now pointless.

Sure there are powerful cards, but they can all be countered. The TCG has a nice balance and as long as there's archtypes there will be decks to counter them.

It's very true. Compare the Base Set cards to current DP ones, and they're SO much more powerful. It's almost as if they just want you to follow their new sets because they're stronger.

Back