• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Deck Out w/Garchomp/Registeel EX

JONTOO

Aspiring Trainer
So I'm still relearning the game, after my first Battle Roads I learned some neat tricks and decided that patience is key and dragons are freak'n awesome (if you have the right variation). So here is a deck I'm working on, the goal is to use Aggron/Durant to deck out my opponent or use my Garchomp/Registeel EX to deal massive damage if I don't draw what I need. {M}{DRG}{C}

3X Aron DRE #78
2X Lairon DRE #79
1X Aggron DRE #80
4X Durant NV #83
1X Registeel EX DRE #122
3X Gible DRE #87
2X Gabite DRE #89
1X Garchomp DRE #90
2X Bouffalant DRE #110
2X Minccino NXD #84
TOTAL:21

2X Devolution Spray
2X Revive
2X Rescue Scarf
2X Energy Retrieval
2X Super Rod
1X Tool Scrapper
1X Enhanced Hammer
1X Eviolite
2X Bianca
2X N
2X Cilan
2X Cheren
TOTAL: 21

6X Metal Energy
5X Water Energy
5X Fighting Energy
2X Double Colorless Energy
TOTAL: 18

You'd be a lot better off if you devoted all of your space to either decking your opponent, or dealing damage, that way, you could do what whatever you do more effectively. You choose.

I suggest you go with damaging your opponent. A deck out to mill others and still try to damage... I think it would be a lot difficult to make this work

Id throw 4x registeel ex 4-3-3 line of aggron, 4 devolution sprays, and 4x hooligans jim and cas. use registeel to spread damage, aggrons to sit on the bench milling, and hooligans to keep your opponents hand small. the point is your not trying to deck out your opponent, just cut into their resources, and make it easier to claim prizes, if they just so happen to deck out then so be it. Id scrap all the pokemon except buffalant (in case opponent is playing spiligyph) registeel ex and aggron line. think about 2x draggoin and 2x buffalant paired with eviolite for buffalant, and rocky helmet for draggoin.

I've actually had a Durant deck work on me and I've used a variation of this current deck as well, it works but I will stick to one method. I like my dragons but I think decking out still surprises people, plus I can add more items to recycle Durant and Aggron back into my deck or hand. Any more suggestions... please send them this is great.

Ehh, decks normally only have one strategy: either to mill out the others deck, or to do straight out damage. Milling decks aren't so hot, as the format is slower and Darkrai EX is king. (It can OHKO Durants and Lairons (I think)). It's just too much in one deck. Personally I don't like it too much; I would stick with just Garchomp =/
Hope I helped.

i know a guy who won 2nd in masters with saybeleye durant. with a ton of hammers and stuff. i don't know his list but the whole part of pokemon is to make your own deck right?? with a little help of course.

A friend at league was playtesting Sableye/Aggron w/ a spash of Darkrai. Out of 6 matchups he only lost one of those. You don't have to worry about Pokemon Catcher and it consistantly focuses on decking out the opponent.

pkolaboy said:
A friend at league was playtesting Sableye/Aggron w/ a spash of Darkrai. Out of 6 matchups he only lost one of those. You don't have to worry about being Pokemon Catcher and it consistantly focuses on decking out the opponent.

Thanks for the idea, I've got some Sableye to use and junk hunt should help out too

Energy denial is essential to this deck. Once your Lairons are setup, the main items you will Junk Hunt for is Devolution Sprays and Crushing/Enhanced Hammers, which helps in your setup of Aggron. Being able to discard 9 cards per turn is devastating to your opponent. Also with Durant/Sableye you can't Junk Hunt/Devour at the same time, wasting valuable turns initially.

So basically stick with either Durant or Sableye... I'm thinking Junk Hunt will definitely help out since I'll need to reuse my Super Rods. I'm not sure of what items and supporters may help me. The majority of everything I have is Dark Explorers and Dragons Exaulted.

Back