ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly, between the two of them – neither am I! I can see how it might come across that way, but I am genuinely curious on why someone would miss theme decks, and figured I'd lay flat out what parts it is I'm not understanding.

[1] I dont understand the premise that Theme Decks were good value for money – I don't see how!
[2] I don't understand the V Battle Decks are worse. I could be persuaded either way, but even prior to this conversation WPM's article regarding the rationale made perfect sense to me and I was left with the impression Theme Decks were retired for coherent reasons.
Kids, beginners and people who can't play in tournaments but wanna make decks anyways. Also, they were really good in PTCGO's theme format so now that they're not coming out anymore it inadvertently makes PTCGO an even worse game.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
I also want to add that theme deck is now collectible, and people would pay good money for those. Try to look for any EX or DP series theme deck and you would barely find them. Look for Japanese gym deck and they are expensive (I have 2 Erika Japanese and 1 Sabrina Japanese).

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
This one is also a huge step up from the previous ones, as it actually includes evolutions for the main rulebox Pokemon instead of only including only the mediocre base evolving V...
No, it doesn't. The list only mentions Zeraora V/Deoxys V, no VMAX or VSTAR.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
No, it doesn't. The list only mentions Zeraora V/Deoxys V, no VMAX or VSTAR.
Ah, I see now that the box is a separate product. That's... embarrassingly disappointing then, I guess they expect younger players to pick up this deck, and then buy a box or two.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Ah, I see now that the box is a separate product. That's... embarrassingly disappointing then, I guess they expect younger players to pick up this deck, and then buy a box or two.
Wait a second, you weren't far off. There is a deck like Inteleon VMAX League Battle Deck. Also, the Japanese version "high-class deck" does comes with vmax and vstar. Just the international version does not. Cheap bastards.

Last edited:

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
Wait a second, you weren't far off. There is a deck like Inteleon VMAX League Battle Deck. Also, the Japanese version "high-class deck" does comes with vmax and vstar. Just the international version does not. Cheap bastards.
That must be where I got confused, since I remember looking at a deck list that included them. Figures.