• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Deck help (Meganium/Butterfree)

The Yoshi

Wumbo
Please rate and help deck. Any suggestions welcome. Junior Division, Cities. State of the game forum.
Meganium Deck
3-3-1/1 Meganium/Meganium Prime
3-2-1 Butterfree(HS)
2-2 Leafeon(RR & UD)
1 Butterfree FB(SV)
1-1 Furret(HS)
1 Heracross(HS)
1-1 Sandslash(HS)
1 Kabuto(AR)
Total Pokemon:25

1 Moomoo Milk(HS)
2 Switch(HS)
2 Pokemon Reversal(HS)
2 Pokemon Communication(HS)
1 Team Rocket's Trickery(HS)
1 Flower Shop Lady(HS)
1 Potion(SF)
1 Full Heal(HS)
1 Lucky Egg(AR)
1 Underground Expedition(RR)
1 Dome Fossil(AR)
Total T/S/S:14

12 Grass energy
9 Fighting Energy
Total Energy:21

Strategy: Hit hard with Meganium Prime, then move energy to a nearly-defeated Meganium Prime to someone else on the bench. Meganium from HS puts to sleep and heals itself, and Butterfree removes damage from pokemon with lots of damage. Leafeon can be helpful, and Furret helps to get the pokemon you need.

RE: Deck help

You're going to want the Deck Forum. Also, please include the Divison you're in and the Event you plan on playing this for in the Title as well as a Strategy in the post. Thanks.

*Moved*

dmaster out.

People like to run Meganium with Sceptile SF. I'll let you decide what you want to combo Meganium with, but try to focus on Meganium and nothing else. Then decide who you want to assist Meganium. As for the trainer line:

3 Collector
4 Rare Candy
2 BTS
3 Communicator
3 Bebe's
1 Lux Ball

This is your general T/S/S line for a stage two deck. For the Energies you probably want 10 Grass, since you're moving the energy. Then do maybe some Double Colorless since it works with Meganium and your side attacker should too. Hope I helped :D

Should I use Glalie(AR) to counter {R} types? Could you give me your idea of a complete decklist? Thanks!

i wouldn't use Meganium prime as the attacker. 4 for 60 with no added effect is just horrible. Meganiun prime should be nothing more than a tech to move {G} energy around. You could try

3-2-2/1 Meganium (2 HS Meganium / 1 Prime)
1-1-1 Bellossom UD (healing tech)
2-2 Sunflora HS (searches out {G} pokemon)
2 Uxie LA
1 Chatot MD
1 Unown Q

Energy Line:12
9 {G}
3 Double Colorless Energy (for Giant Bloom)

^4 for 80

Glalie AR works. But you need a lot of stadiums. Maybe run Dawn Stadium and/or Miasma Valley as well as the BTS if you want to run Glalie. I'd try this for Meganium/Sceptile:

3-2-3 Sceptile SF
2-1-2 Meganium Prime
2 Uxie
1 Azelf
4 Spiritomb AR
1 Unown Q
1-1 Glalie AR (Maybe even 2-2)

(27^)

3 Collector
4 Rare Candy
3 BTS
3 Communicator
3 Bebe's
3 Dawn Stadium/Miasma (Or any combination of the two as long as you stick to 3)
1 Lux Ball
2 Energy Exchanger

(^22)

3 DCE
8 Grass

(11^)

Of course this isn't the best list, but it's a start. It needs to be tested.

^Well, I'm sure Empoleon or some other people would not agree with my staples, but they're pretty close. Some people say Expert Belt is a staple, but it sometimes isn't, for instance.

Why run both Sceptile SF and Meganium prime together if they both pretty much do the same thing? It's just space wasted.

Meganium prime + Blissey Prime? That's the only meganium variant i've ever heard of. You basically use Blissey Prime with Super Scoop Up (and now you can use Seeker) to heal Meganium, but to save energy you move the {G} energy for the damaged Meganium using Meganium prime's power to a benched pokemon, drop Blissey prime, heal the damaged Meganium and move the {G} energy back to it.

I like the Blissey Prime + Meganium Prime deck, could you give me a complete decklist of it? Thanks!

Complete decklist? i'm not going to sponn feed you because you'll never learn if you just get given a deckilist, buti'll be nice and give a skeleton list (barebones of the deck)

4-3-2/2 Meganium (2 HS Ganium / 2 Prime)
2-2 Blissey Prime
2 Uxie LA
1 Chatot MD
1 Unown Q

3 Pokemon Collector
4 Bebe's Search
1 Palmer's Contribution
4 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Communication
3 Super Scoop Up (or Seeker if you want a definate scoop of Blissey Prime)

9 {G}
3 DCE

The only thing not completed is the T/S/S, but filling the space isn't very hard, the main part missing is a recovery so either Palmer's Contribution or Flower Shop Lady will do there.

^Definitely Seeker. SSU is only for when you can't retreat or Switch, and you'll onlyever be picking up Blissey.

Back