• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Deck for June Regionals

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
June i would like to attend my first regional playing pokemon and had every intention of playing M Mewtwo/ Garbador before SM2 came out and feild blower hit the strategy. I am contemplating playing simlar deck but switching to the sm2 Garbador to use trashalanche attack. Any assistance with the deck buiold and any matchups i should make my self aware for would be greatly appreciatted.

Pokemon:
1 Hoopa EX AOR
4 Mewtwo EX BKT
3 M Mewtwo BKT
2 Shaymin EX ROS
1 Tapu lele GX SM2
2-2 Garbador SM2

Trainers:
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer Mail
4 mega Turbo
4 VS Seeker
3 Mewtwo Sprirt link
1 Rescue Stretcher
3 Sycamore
2 N
2 lysandre
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Special Charge
1 Hex Maniac
2 Choice Band
1 Field blower
2 Alta of the Moone
2 Shrine of memories

Energy:
4 DCE
7 Psychic

I would drop Atlar of the Moone for straight Shrine of Memories, I play against Mega Mewtwo alot and when I lose, it's always been because of Damage Change. Also, I would drop one Trainer's Mail for either another Hoopa or another Tapu Lele. Also, I always recommend four Sycamore, I would drop one of your Lysandres for another one. Also, I would drop the Field Blower for another Mewtwo Spirit Link for consistency. Hope this helps, and hope you do well at your tournament! :)

Pokemon:
1 Hoopa EX AOR
4 Mewtwo EX BKT
3 M Mewtwo BKT
2 Shaymin EX ROS
1 Tapu lele GX SM2
2-2 Garbador SM2

Trainers:
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer Mail
4 mega Turbo
4 VS Seeker
3 Mewtwo Sprirt link
1 Rescue Stretcher
4 Sycamore
2 N
1 lysandre
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Special Charge
1 Hex Maniac
2 Choice Band
1 Field blower
3 Shrine of memories

Energy:
4 DCE
7 Psychic

June Regs is fast approcahing. I took out altar of the moone and added a 3rd shrine of memories. I switched a lysandre for a 4th Sycamore... Field blower I was thinking could be beneficial but also have felt 4 spirit links is too much but i will try out both ways in next week or so. Thanks for the comments!! One thing I am contemplating of trying out is adding a 3rd Garbador BKP. If going against Vileplume variant it might come in handy and if game 2 or 3 I know it either will help or not I have option of which garbador to utilize. Any thought?

I am on the other side of this fence. I don't think you should remove the 2nd Lysandre. If anything, I would dump the Pokemon Ranger and add a second Lysandre back in. The number of games Lysandre will decide >>>>>>>>> number of games Pokemon Ranger will matter.

Fayld, I was thingking Lysandre was important and I will try taking out pokemon ranger for a 2nd one.
Latte1504, I am playing garbador as well, feel like MM2 could play well in the regs. PLus with a week and a half left it would be challenging to come up with a different deck, when half the deck is about getting MM2 out and swinging. Unless you had a different garbador variant that would do better.

How much are you using Ranger? I've tried to tech it into several decks but ultimately found it wasnt used often enough to deserve the space. Would not recommend dropping any spirit links either because you can't afford to not have it when you need it. Dont drop them early either so they don't draw Field Blower plays.

Just don't play MM2, Garb will (likely) destroy you
Also, ignore this. Play what you like and what you're comfortable with. Don't go in expecting to take the whole thing, but don't sell yourself short either. Play to your own strengths and learn from each of your matches, win or lose.

If you don't have a good record after a few rounds, try to keep yourself going and not drop out. You'll still learn a lot from playing the extra rounds even if you're well off top cut. Enjoy the game and soak up everything you can.

How much are you using Ranger? I've tried to tech it into several decks but ultimately found it wasnt used often enough to deserve the space. Would not recommend dropping any spirit links either because you can't afford to not have it when you need it. Dont drop them early either so they don't draw Field Blower plays.

Also, ignore this. Play what you like and what you're comfortable with. Don't go in expecting to take the whole thing, but don't sell yourself short either. Play to your own strengths and learn from each of your matches, win or lose.

If you don't have a good record after a few rounds, try to keep yourself going and not drop out. You'll still learn a lot from playing the extra rounds even if you're well off top cut. Enjoy the game and soak up everything you can.

Thanks for the support, just curious what you guys think will be the top 3 or 4 decks at the June Regionals? I know decidueye and garbador variants will be there.

Well if you play mewtwo just remember to shatter shot to victory against garb and don't play more than 2 items

Also remember to snatch any opportunity to set up Garbodor, as it helps against Tauros GX, which I think is your worst enemy...

Back