Discussion Deck Engines - the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The cancer engine is wrong. I'm friends with the guy that built the cancer engine; and I was there when he made it at the NJ marathon. You don't play bicycles. Besides, now you have trainers post.

Last edited by a moderator:
cancer engine is wrong
The cancer engine is wrong. I'm friends with the guy that built the cancer engine; and I was there when he made it at the NJ marathon. You don't play bicycles. Besides, now you have trainers post.

Thanks for pointing that out! Personally I think Bicycle is useful in a Cancer deck, and I can't really see why not, so each to their own devices, I guess :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi bbninjas,

With the release of Roaring Skies how about this modified cancer or speed draw engine:

Cancer Deck Engine:
  • 4 Shaymin EX
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 3 Random Receiver
  • 4 Tainer's Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
It is real fast and consistent at the same time. With Shaymin Ex the engine can even afford to include 2-3 additional utility supporters.

insane.engine

4 Shaymin EX
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Bicycle
4 Roller Skates
4 Acro Bike
4 Super Scoop Up
1 Computer Search
2 Professor Juniper
1 N
1 Lysandre's Trump Card
3-4 VS Seeker

T1 Archie

4 Shaymin EX
2 Jirachi EX
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Roller Skates
4 Acro Bike
4 Super Scoop Up
1 Computer Search
2 Archie's Ace in the Hole
1 Lysandre's Trump Card
3 Maintenance
3-4 VS Seeker
0-4 Battle Compressor

insane.engine

4 Shaymin EX
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Bicycle
4 Roller Skates
4 Acro Bike
4 Super Scoop Up
1 Computer Search
2 Professor Juniper
1 N
1 Lysandre's Trump Card
3-4 VS Seeker

T1 Archie

4 Shaymin EX
2 Jirachi EX
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer's Mail
4 Roller Skates
4 Acro Bike
4 Super Scoop Up
1 Computer Search
2 Archie's Ace in the Hole
1 Lysandre's Trump Card
3 Maintenance
3-4 VS Seeker
0-4 Battle Compressor

In practice you'll have a hard time fitting all these cards into an actual deck.

While it's only 32-33 cards, decks that want this sort of engine also want lasers, hammers, Virbank. You'll probably want switch, some defensive cards like Lady, Cassius or AZ, muscle bands and cards like Xerosic and Team Flare Grunt.

In practice you'll have a hard time fitting all these cards into an actual deck.

While it's only 32-33 cards, decks that want this sort of engine also want lasers, hammers, Virbank. You'll probably want switch, some defensive cards like Lady, Cassius or AZ, muscle bands and cards like Xerosic and Team Flare Grunt.
I think it was primarily a joke, what Grant put there :p

This format is absolutely crazy, you can do almost anything you want t1 and t2. But then your whole deck shuts down after a Quaking Punch, so you'd better know what you're doing and make that turn count.

Would it be possible for someone to post a list for a Shaymin EX engine? I know you don't need as many draw supporters when running 3-4 Shaymin, but I'm just not sure on the final numbers. Thanks!

Back