• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Deck Control: Weavile, Wromadam, and Slowking

Zero

Renegade Writer
Another one of my brother's fail builds. He is convinced that this is a good build. It can barely establish a lock against anything that has a starter, and is just a really bad deck. Please criticize as necessary. He will not take my advice, once again...

Pokemon:
3-3 Weavile UD
3 Uxie
3-3 Wormadam Trash Cloak
2-2 Wormadam Sandy Cloak
2-2 Slowking HGSS

23 Pokemon

T/S/S:
2 Expert Belt
4 SSU
3 Bebe's Search
3 Team Rocket's Trickery
3 BTS
1 Defender
1 Luxury Ball
1 Cynthia's Feelings
2 Cyrus's Initiative
2 Collector

22 T/S/S

Energy:
2 Call
3 Fighting
4 Special Metal
2 Special Dark
4 DCE

15 Energy

Strategy: Attempt to lock your opponent. Discard their good cards and then return the bad ones that they discard from TRT to the top of their decks.

Weavile and Slowking i can understand, but what is up with the Wormadam lines? Neither contribute to the disrupting theme. Your brother would be better off switching to a 3-3 Houndoom UD line though it's a bit frail (though so are the Worms) but at least it adds to the hand disruption theme. i It would be slightly better if your brother played 4 Sableye to get that T1 initiative or donk, or just set up. Something like

3-3 Houndoom UD
2-2 Weavile UD
4 Sableye
(+ other techs and such .etc)
Heck, it may even be better if your brother just switched to Sable-Lock, but that's just my opinion.

Trash Cloak Wormadam puts a card in opponent's discard pile to the top of their deck. Often, Trickery will make them discard a bad card. Put that card on top and you're golden.

Back