• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Decidueye/Ninetales for post-rotation

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
I heard many say Decidueye variant is unplayable post-rotation, mainly beacuse of losing forest of giant plant. But Gardevoir and Metagross, 2 of the best decks post-rotation are stage 2 too. So i don't see why not. Here's a list i am working on:

Pokemon x20
4-3-4 Decidueye GX
2-2 Ninetales GX
1 Tapu koko
1 Espeon EX
1 Oranguru
2 Tapu Lele GX

Supporters x14
4 Sycamore
4 N
1 Skyla
1 Brigette
2 Guzma
2 Acerola

Items x18
4 Ultra ball
3 Rare candy
2 Choice band
3 Float stone
2 Max potion
1 Revitalizer
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 Field blower

Energy x8
4 DCE
4 Grass energy

If any of you are working on Decidueye/Ninetales too, feel free to leave a comment here.

I actually am! I tossed in a Necrozma in there, since it is awesome and owns against GX decks.

Other than that, you have a great list, though the max potions could cause controversy.

Weird that you posted this today because earlier I was thinking of ways to make Decidueye viable post-rotation and came to the conclusion that Decidueye/Ninetales was the best option. You're already playing Vulpix because many Stage 2 decks run Vulpix, so Ninetales just makes sense. I think it's more viable than people think. People are just so used to running FoGP that it's weird to see Decidueye without it. As far as your list, I would replace the Max Potions with one more Guzma and another Skyla, but that's just my preference. I'm a fan of thicker Supporter lines post-rotation.

Weird that you posted this today because earlier I was thinking of ways to make Decidueye viable post-rotation and came to the conclusion that Decidueye/Ninetales was the best option. You're already playing Vulpix because many Stage 2 decks run Vulpix, so Ninetales just makes sense. I think it's more viable than people think. People are just so used to running FoGP that it's weird to see Decidueye without it. As far as your list, I would replace the Max Potions with one more Guzma and another Skyla, but that's just my preference. I'm a fan of thicker Supporter lines post-rotation.

I used to run 3 Guzma, but i found this deck doesn't need Guzma as much. Feather arrows, ice blade and flying flip places damages everywhere. Back to pre-rotation days, i used to run 1 Lysandre here too, and it's fine.

I am not a big fan of Skyla, feel like it's just too slow. But after rotation, i thought a one-of is fine, still but usage is not high.

Max potion works wonder, i remember a top Decidueye/Ninetales run 3 copies during some pre-rotation event. If you want to cut it, amybe an E hammer will be nice.

BTW i am still unsure about the Ninetales line, been thinking about cutting it to 2-1, or 2-1/1 with a Luminous barrier Ninetales. Of course the grass energy will be converted into rainbow energy.

Great list :)

Here's what I would change:

A lot of the time you won't be hitting your opponent's Active Pokemon, so I think dropping a Choice Band for a Necrozma GX would be beneficial. The GX attack flat-out wins games.

You could try a 1/1 Alolan Ninetales GX/non GX, but you really don't want to prize the GX.

I would drop the Max Potions for 2 more Leles. You have Acerola and Ice Path so I don't really see the need for these. Not to mention, with four Lele, 2 Brigette, and 4 Ultra Ball T1 Brigette will be almost certain.

Hope this was helpful :)

Back