Help Decidueye Comeback With Rare Candy?

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Maybe Decidueye GX could feed in on the RC action that Metagross GX uses in its deck. Do you think it'll make the cut (assuming Garb wasn't a problem)?

I think it will depend on what it's paired with. The Alolan Ninetales deck basically just trades 4 FoGP for 4 RC and loses a bit of speed. Other pairings that i think would work are Espeon GX, Noivern GX, even Drampa GX. Those will have the highest chance to succeed. And with Po Town coming out, it does have a good stadium to fall back on.

I use vulpix ninetails already. Its good cuz you either get the twi cards or get N'ed. I have been thinking of trying timer ball after rotation too

I do think they survive. AL Tales is already a good partner, next rotation with more and more frail basics + Wally still in rotation (Remember Generations), the deck will survive.

I think garb will be the only issue because have to rely on rare candy and trainer mail to maximize the efficiency.

There will be no Trainers' Mail next rotation.

I do think they survive. AL Tales is already a good partner, next rotation with more and more frail basics + Wally still in rotation (Remember Generations), the deck will survive.

There will be no Trainers' Mail next rotation.
T-mail is getting reprinted in the Kyurem Trainer's Decks i believe.

Nah, it's gonna be on the new style of Alternate Print. Trainers' Mail will retain its ROS set-symbol with a hugeass A, meaning that it won't survive rotation.

See here for more info: http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/05/pokemon-changing-how-reprints-are-printed-likely-no-best-of-xy-set
I see. Eh, that's fine, T-Mobile won't be played even if it was reprinted. Too many decks streamline their trainer line so they don't have to worry about garb, meaning T-Mail gets cut.

If without trainer mail, then I think decidueye will be quite hard to survive
But why though? Metagross and Solgaleo don't use T-Mail? And those two survive the rotation. Owl with Ninetales is going to be the best way to play him, and you won't need T-Mail for that deck.

I think garb will be the only issue because have to rely on rare candy and trainer mail to maximize the efficiency. Do you mind share us your list ?
How are you testing BTW? Are you testing against post-rotation decks?
I am testing with versus battles so you never know what I will be paired up against. I will eventually give you the entire deck but the line of Pokémon I'm running right now is as follows:

4X Decidueye GX

3X Dartrix

4X Rowlet

2X Alolan Vulpix

2X Tapu Lele GX

1X Tauros GX

1X Mewtwo (XY Evolutions)

1X Oranguru

I am testing with versus battles so you never know what I will be paired up against.
That's not what i asked. I asked what format are you testing in. If you're testing on PTCGO, then your results are useless. You can't test two different formats and expect the results to carry over. The only way to accurately test a new format is to proxy. I don't believe pokemon has a dueling network clone where it gives you cards that aren't released, so any online testing doesn't matter.

That's not what i asked. I asked what format are you testing in. If you're testing on PTCGO, then your results are useless. You can't test two different formats and expect the results to carry over. The only way to accurately test a new format is to proxy. I don't believe pokemon has a dueling network clone where it gives you cards that aren't released, so any online testing doesn't matter.
I know, I'm testing only with cards that I know will survive the format change. (My supporters are Ilima, Kukui, Misty, Lillie, and a Hau or two).

I know, I'm testing only with cards that I know will survive the format change. (My supporters are Ilima, Kukui, Misty, Lillie, and a Hau or two).
No, the decks you're playing against. That's what I want to know. Are the decks your playing against post rotation?

Back