The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Not a chance. There are still a bunch of Gigantamax formes which haven't gotten cards, and the fact that Legends doesn't have multiplayer means that it's even less of a "mainline game" than Let's Go. Even after Legends, we're still in Gen 8/SwSh era.
I’m not 100% sure of that, there are a couple of things to consider...

1. Not every Mega Evolution released in Gen 6 got a Mega EX card; Mega Lopunny and Mega Sableye had to wait until Cosmic Eclipse to be featured in a card and Mega Abomasnow is still MIA.

2. Certain mechanics can disappear after a certain amount of sets in an era and new mechanics can be introduced just a quickly. Prism Star cards lasted for 6 sets (5 regular sets and one holiday set) before disappearing from the TCG entirely.

On the one hand VMAX Climax (and supplementary products like High-Class Decks and VMAX Starter Sets) could finish off the Gigantamaxes’ TCG run but on the other hand they have to compete with Dynamax VMAXs for space.
There's, like, four of them left? They could totally be squished into this set.
I don't doubt GameFreak's ability to pump out a mediocre game in nine months, but unless they do, this will shake up their regular three-year cycle. Legends introduces new forms and, very likely, new Pokemon in general. Even though competitive - which like a bus-full of people care about - stays in SwSh, this isn't a simple spin-off like Lets Go. I don't see them pumping out SwSh-related cards after the release of Legends.
I believe there are five (Machamp, Kingler, Melmetal, Appletun, and Hatterene) Gigantamaxes missing from the VMAX party.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
According to the product listing in Spanish iirc, Sword & Shield 9 is speculated to release on March 23, 2022. Meaning we have like 4 months of no set release. If we have any TCG information to be released between Dec 2021 to Feb 2022, maybe another set based on them.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
There's, like, four of them left? They could totally be squished into this set.
I don't doubt GameFreak's ability to pump out a mediocre game in nine months, but unless they do, this will shake up their regular three-year cycle. Legends introduces new forms and, very likely, new Pokemon in general. Even though competitive - which like a bus-full of people care about - stays in SwSh, this isn't a simple spin-off like Lets Go. I don't see them pumping out SwSh-related cards after the release of Legends.
Five. Unless you don't count Appletun. But I wouldn't be surprised if a set named "VMAX Climax" would finish off the remaining VMAXs in one fell swoop. Although TECHNICALLY the set should be called "VMAX Resolution" since the CLIMAX is the peak of the plot.
The main question imo is if they're gonna print shiny versions of the alternate arts. Imagine shiny Umbreon Vmax alt art (even though the regular shiny V / Vmax eeveelutions and some others are already gonna be insane).
Please try not to hope for this outcome if you can help it. I try to balance realism with a much-needed dash of optimism, but while there's not really any good way to advise someone to quash a long cherished hope, but I am 99% sure this isn't going to happen and I know it will be worse for you if you don't realize before that this outcome is remote at best.
Still, it would be kind of cool.
I’m on the fence. On one hand yay some decent shiny Pokemon VMaxes (eeveelutions, ray, mew and pika maybe) on the other hand my wallet can only take so much and it devalues shiny Pokemon cards as a whole by keep printing the same ones over and over but in a different art style.
One man's "I can't believe we have ANOTHER shiny Charizard/Rayquaza/Gyarados. My wallet is never going to forgive me" is another man's "Wait, did they ACTUALLY print a Shiny SWANNA?! I can't believe my favorite Pokémon has been represented!" And when we are getting dozens of new Pokémon species in shiny form with each new shiny vault, I would be considerably worried if more people hate this set for the chase cards than love this set for the many, many Pokémon getting represented in shiny form for the first time.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
While I never personally cared for shinies and always thought like 99% of them look like absolute tacky garbage, that is still subjective. But you know what is not subjective? The Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility. Like others correctly pointed out already, it becomes increasingly hard to give a rat's ass about the next one, and then the next one, and then the next one...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Joshua198989

Aspiring Trainer
While I never personally cared for shinies and always thought like 99% of them look like absolute tacky garbage, that is still subjective. But you know what is not subjective? The Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility. Like others correctly pointed out already, it becomes increasingly hard to give a rat's ass about the next one, and then the next one, and then the next one...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
In fairness, our next one probably won't be until Autumn 2022 so it is a bit of a gap. This year has been a bit overwhelming due to the inclusion of Shining Fates but if we do a shiny next year and a non-shiny the year after, it suddenly will become a bit more special.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Oh right, I forgot to answer this one…
The main question imo is if they're gonna print shiny versions of the alternate arts. Imagine shiny Umbreon Vmax alt art (even though the regular shiny V / Vmax eeveelutions and some others are already gonna be insane).
I doubt we’ll see Shiny versions of the Alternate Art Secret Rares due to them being more dynamic while the Full-Art Vs and regular VMAXes are more static, it’d require more time (and cost more money) to alter the former.

I will admit that, with some of the regular VMAXes being drawn rather than rendered with a 3D model, throws a bit of a curveball.
Will we finally see a shiny pikachu v or vmax?!
More than likely, I also suspect that Eevee V/VMAX will get Shiny versions.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I’m not 100% sure of that, there are a couple of things to consider...

1. Not every Mega Evolution released in Gen 6 got a Mega EX card; Mega Lopunny and Mega Sableye had to wait until Cosmic Eclipse to be featured in a card and Mega Abomasnow is still MIA.

2. Certain mechanics can disappear after a certain amount of sets in an era and new mechanics can be introduced just a quickly. Prism Star cards lasted for 6 sets (5 regular sets and one holiday set) before disappearing from the TCG entirely.

On the one hand VMAX Climax (and supplementary products like High-Class Decks and VMAX Starter Sets) could finish off the Gigantamaxes’ TCG run but on the other hand they have to compete with Dynamax VMAXs for space.

I believe there are five (Machamp, Kingler, Melmetal, Appletun, and Hatterene) Gigantamaxes missing from the VMAX party.
On that second point, those mechanics are basically annual. VMAX clearly isn't an annual gimmick or else it would have ended already.

We still don’t have Mega Pinsir, Mega Medicham, Mega Banette, Mega Latias, or Mega Abomasnow.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
There were more Megas than Gigantamax forms, the sets were smaller than the 300+ card monstrosities we're currently getting, they released the Megas slower than they have VMAXes, and Gen 6 in general was shorter than Gen 8 will be. There should be absolutely zero reason why we don't get the last five Gmax forms in the TCG before whenever Gen 9 comes out.

Will we finally see a shiny pikachu v or vmax?!
Maybe. It’s a possibility, but we’ll just have to wait and see.
It’s worth noting that neither Hidden Fates nor Shining Fates has included reprints of PROMO-only cards in their shiny vaults, and since both Eevee V and Eevee VMAX are PROMO-only.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Do we think ultra ball will be a standard legal card? or is it just an alternate art that doesn't reset the legality?
Since it hasn't been printed during the SwSh block as of yet and is a regular set card, it will get a new regulation mark and reset legality.