• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Datkrai/Yveltal

Br0vyle

It's CLOBBERIN' TIME
Pokemon: 8
  • 2 Yveltal EX
  • 3 Darkrai EX
  • 1 Sableye
  • 2 Yveltal
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 39
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Colress
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Professors Letter
  • 2 Energy Switch
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 2 Crushing Hammer
Energy: 13
  • 10 Dark
  • 3 Double Colorless
Strategy:

I've edited your post to coincide with the rules! Next time, please put it in the correct format, okay? This is not the first time by far I've had to edit your posts accordingly, and it's beginning to irritate me slightly that you haven't even tried to use the template that is in the new thread text box and instead frivolously discard it. It's there for a reason, man! I'm considering issuing a warning next time, so please try to better your posts in the future. Also, please use proper spelling and grammar next time, okay? Thanks, dude! :D ~Kecleon

Br0vyle said:
Pokemon: 8
2 Yveltal EX
3 Darkrai EX
1 Sableye
2 Yveltal

Trainers: 41
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
2 Shauna
2 Colress
1 Dowsing Machine
2 Virbank City Gym
3 Ultra Ball
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Dark Patch
3 Muscle Band
2 Professors Letter
2 Energy Switch
2 Tool Scrapper
2 Escape Rope
2 Crushing hammer

Energy: 12
10 Dark
3 Double Colorless

First of all you've listed 39 Trainers, 41; and secondly, you have listed 13 energy, not 12.

Following are some suggested changes for your consideration:
  • After building and playing this deck for a while, I've reduced my Darkrai EX count to just 2; because through my experience, I think Yveltal EX is really amazing. So, consider adding 1 more Yveltal EX, replacing 1 Darkrai EX.
  • At some point during most games, you will need to Junk Hunt, and you can't afford to have your sole Sableye prized... So, consider adding 1 more Sableye.
  • Consider adding an Absol or another Yveltal. Absol (a good, non-EX, Dark Poké attacker)has the ability to hit the "magic" 170 HP damage, and Yveltal is is a solid starter and has good attacks.
  • Consider replacing 1 Shauna and 1 Colress with 2 Bicycle. Bicycles can help with drawing (especially when you have a "dead" hand, can be searched with Skyla, and Junk Hunt'd).
  • Consider dropping 1 Ht Laser and 1 Dark Patch, and 1 D energy. Both Items can be Junk Hunt'd and you would still still have 3 of each to serve their respective purposes. I've also found 9 D energy to be quite sufficient, especially when you run 2 Professor's Letters.
  • Somehow, Skyla was overlooked and not included in your deck... Consider adding 2.
  • Lastly, consider replacing 1 Crushing Hammer with an Enhanced Hammer, because sometimes you may really need that 100% guarantee that you can remove an opponent's Special energy.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back