• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darktoad Garbotal (Seismetoad EX / Yveltal EX / Garbodor)

tymaster

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 Yveltal EX
    2 Darkrai EX
    2 Seismitoad EX
    1 Keldeo EX
    2 Trubbish
    2 Garbodor (DRX)
    1 Yveltal
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Juniper
    3 N
    2 Skyla
    2 Lysandre
    1 Colress

4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Max Potion
    2 Energy Switch
    2 Bicycle
    2 Float Stone
    1 Startling Megaphone
    1 Switch
    1 Pal Pad
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Dowsing Machine

2 Virbank City Gym
Energy:

• 7 Dark Energy
    4 Double Colorless
Strategy:
Yveltal EX is the main attacker and I try to always have one in play at all times. Seismitoad is more of a support pokemon to give me time to set up with yveltal to get damage on the opponent's active pokemon, then switch into yveltal to take out opps. active. Darkrai, Keldeo, and Garbodor are more supporting pokemon. Darkrai for free retreat when I don't have Garbodor, and Keldeo to get out of poison, sleep, or burn.

Biggest problem: Safeguard and Intimidating Mane

I was thinking of replacing two N's with Shauna, because I usually need to draw more towards the end of a match, but by then I have already taken 3-4 prize cards and would only get 2-3 cards.

Please let me know what you think and what I could do to improve this deck.

Thanks,
Tymaster

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

Hey Man i like your list but what are you going to change to fit some new phantom gate cards in the deck( enhaced hammer , head ringer would be my choice).

I think I would drop one Keldeo and one Darkrai for another Switch and Float Stone. I think you need at least three Float Stone to keep Garbotoxin active. (You could use Muscle Band, but that's less than ideal.) Also Keldeo just isn't going to be helpful enough of the time to justify playing it this deck. I get that the idea is to use it when you're playing a match up where Garbodor isn't relevant and you can use it for a turn when they play Megaphone. Most of the time you'll want to have Garbotoxin active. If not, then Dark Cloak plus more Switch cards should be fine. Most games I find that Keldeo takes up valuable Bench space. Those are my suggestions.

Back