• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai / Zoroark Deck Idea

A rather melodramatic seahorse.

Aspiring Trainer
This is just something i came up with using some of the cards i have gotten at a local DE pre-release. Im fairly new to Pokemon TCG, and my deck making skills might not be superb, but tips will be appreciated :)

2 Darkrai EX
4-4 Zoroark
1 Tornadus EX

4 Dark Patch
4 Dark Claw
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Dual Ball
2 Junk Arm
3 Ultra Ball
2 Random Receiver
3 Professor Oaks
2 N
3 Collector
2 Cilan
2 Juniper

9 Dark Energy
4 S.Dark Energy
4 DCE

The strategy is to start with Zoura, and use Ascension to imediately bring out Zoroark, whilst using cards like Collector and Dual Ball to fill my bench with dark pokemon, powering up Zoroarks Brutal Bash. Darkrai EX is here to provide free retreat with its poke-body, as well as attacking. Tornadus EX is here to counter fighting types, like Terrakion.

As said before, tips are appreciated.

RE: Darkrai/Zorark Deck Idea

Welcome to the Pokemon TCG, I can guarantee you that with a little fixing here and there you will have lots of fun!

Your main attacker in this deck is Zoroark. Zoroark does a maximum of 120 damage if your whole field of Pokemon is filled and all are darks. That means you need six Dark Pokemon in play. So, even though Tornadus EX is a good counter to fighting, it disrupts your consistency in getting 120 damage every turn and cutting it down to 100. A couple of Zoroarks will be knocked out along the way, so that means you wont even have six dark pokemon left in your deck to put on your bench! So, you are going to need some more darkness typed pokemon and no non-darkness typed pokemon. Your energy count is high as well. Normally you only need 10-14 energies depending on your deck. If your deck recycles energies, in this case, Dark Patch, you will obviously need less. You have 17, so lets cut that down a bit. You wont be needing DCE either if you run enough Dark Patches, but we'll keep some in anyway.

-1 Tornadus EX
-2 Double Colorless
-1 Basic Darkness Energy
-1 Special Darkness Energy
-2 Cilan
-2 Dual Ball
-1 Dark Claw
-1 Darkrai EX
-1 Ultra Ball
+1 Collector
+1 PONT
+2 Juniper
+2 Junk Arm
+3 Sneasel
+3 Weavile

Welcome to the beach!
This deck is shaping up to be a contender next season, but i think you need a 2-2 zoroark split with the foul play one from BW in case you run up against the occasional zekrom, reshiram, or their EX versions.
-2 Zoroark DEX
+2 Zoroark BW

I agree with the above changes, but I'd suggest maybe 1 weavile NXD. It's great against terrakion. 1 dark energy and a dark claw = OHKO for 1 energy.

^ Those are good suggestions as well, but 2 - 2 split is too much. 3 Zoroark DE and 1 Zoroark BW is good, as for weavile, a 3-3-1 is good as well. If Terrakion has an Exp Share attached then you can do 90 + 20 for 110, darkness energy for 120, then you'll need a plus power.

Kk. Once again, thank you for the suggestions. I'll add the BW Zoroark. Im not quite so sure about the ND Weavile, as i dont want to possibly ruin my deck's consistency by adding plus powers to allow it to KO Terrakion, but thank you for the suggestion. Im also some what sceptic about Tornadus Ex, but i'll just see how this list goes at league tomorrow. :)

And now for an updated deck list

1 Darkrai EX
4-3-1 Zoroark DE/NXD
3-3 Weavile

2 RR
2 Ultra Balls
3 Dark Claws
3 Poke.Catcher
4 Dark Patch
4 Junk Arm
2 N
4 Collector
4 PONT
4 Juniper

7 Dark Energy
4 Special Dark Energy
2 DCE

The deck went pretty well. Unfortunately, i the only format decks i have been able to battle against where QuadTerrakion, and Zekeels. Against the QuadTerrakion player, i outspeeded him with zouras set up, along with gettin g out the needed basics, and managed to sweep his line. However, i found the Zekeels matches rather difficult, but managable. My only concerns are energy consistency, as there where times where i desperately needed an energy, and a hand shuffle/juniper did not do the job :/.

Back