• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai / Yveltal

starpilot11

Pokemon Master
Experience: Intermediate

Pokemon 10
  • 4 Yveltal
  • 3 Yveltal EX
  • 2 Darkrai EX
  • 1 Jirachi EX

Supporters 11
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 3 Skyla

Items 23
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 3 Energy Switch
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Professors Letter
  • 1 Switch
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 1 Computer Search

Stadiums 2
  • 2 Virbank City Gym

Energy 14
  • 10 Darkness
  • 4 Double Colorless

Strategy
Pretty simple. Lead Yveltal, Charge Yveltal Ex on the bench, free retreat with Darkrai EX's Dark Cloak, and then get one shots with help from LaserBank and Muscle Band.

This is what I'm currently running and would appreciate any thoughts on how to make it even better.

My current thinking is replace N with Shauna.

Why no Sableye to recover expended, valuable Items?

Also, I would think that 8 card-draw Supporters are quite insufficient? Has your playtesting proven this?

(excuse my poor english , i speak like jar jar binks)

energies
10-4 energy line is a little ...ehm ...too much (specially if you don't play bouffalant)

pokemons
about the non-EX line... if you don't play dusknoir, little yveltal is a poor attacker that never will OHKO an EX as will do bouffalant or absol
keldeo is needed here, for the special conditions (accelgor, laserbank, etc...) and for free retreat for all (combined with dark cloak)

i suggest, if you want to play dusknoir variant : -2 yveltal -2 DCE -1darkness -1 yveltal EX + 1 duskull +1 rare candy +1 dusnkoir + 2 sableye +1 keldeo EX
if you don't: -4 yveltal -1 DCE -1darkness + 1 absol + 1 keldeo EX + 2 sableye +2 pokemon catcher

about support-draw line
skyla: too slow for this deck
jirachi : easy KO for lugia and genesect
-3 skyla - 1 jirachi -1 tool scrapper (garbodor is not a big deal against this deck) +3 random receiver +2 bicycle

@ TuxedoBlack
In this deck sableye feels to slow, and beyond dark patch, there aren't many cards that I want to recycle.

I've played dozens of games with this deck and I've never had a problem with the number of draw cards. The reason being having Jirachi EX in here makes ultra balls supporters too so I effectively have 13 cards that can refresh my hand. I might consider putting a colress in however.

@ energyfullart(?
Since this is an aggressive deck, I think that 14 energy is good, Its been working very well for me, getting OHKOs turn 2 or 3. Yveltal is a fine non-EX attacker given that Darkness Blade OHKOs the two safeguard pokemon. Iv'e been considering putting Keldeo EX, still not sure if I want to or not. I don't think that dusknoir is very viable since this deck shoots for OHKOs (I have actually dealt 340 damage before without weakness ;)). Skyla and Jirachi (especially Jirachi) have proven very useful for me. I should probably run only 1 tool scrapper but one of the people that I often play runs a Lugia deck and discarding his Muscle Band saves games.

Thx for the suggestions, I think that I'll try replacing switch with Keldeo and a Tool Scrapper with Colress

Back