• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai/Yveltal

TheMagnificentManatee

King of all manatees
Hey everyone, so I am trying to build a Darkrai/Yveltal deck for competitive play. I recently came back to the game after taking a long break so I am a little unexperienced in this format but I have tried to gather the information I need :)

Experience: Novice

Pokemon (9)
  • 3x Yveltal EX
  • 2x Darkrai EX
  • 2x Sableye
  • 2x Yveltal

Trainers (40)
  • 4x Professor Juniper
  • 4x N
  • 2x Colress
  • 2x Bicycle
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 4x Dark Patch
  • 2x Energy Switch
  • 1x Computer Search
  • 2x Proffesor's Letter
  • 1x Escape Rope
  • 3x Tool Scrapper
  • 4x Dark Claw
  • 4x Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 3x Virbank City Gym

Energy (11)
  • 8x Darkness Energy
  • 3x Colorless Energy

Strategy
The strategy of this deck is fairly simple; it is all about abusing Yveltal EX's "Evil Ball" by attatching a massive amount of energy to him.

This is a pretty solid list, so I'll give you some suggestions on things that really are just personal preferences.start with this:

-1 Tool Scrapper
-1 Dark Claw

2 Tool scrapper is fine, and your Garbodor matchup isn't that bad anyway, and 3 Dark Claw will usually be enough.

I don't personally like Colress in Darkrai, because you can work with a small bench. I prefer Bianca, but that's a personal preference. If you put in Bianca, I would suggest taking out the Bicycles and add in Random Receiver, but I think that's a good idea regardless; I like to run 2.

Another card that makes a nice 1-of is Max Potion. It's a bit counter productive in some ways, but the max potion is very clutch and it will win you games in a tough spot. Another choice you have is Super Rod. It isn't always the best option, and it can slow you down, but you have a lot of 2-of Pokémon in here, so it can grab you back some of those (particularly good to avoid having your prize cards screw you over.)

And of course, you could always add a 3rd Yveltal, Darkrai, or Sableye. I'd probably go with the Yveltal on that one, but it's a lot of preference really.

I hope that this helps you, good luck with the deck! I'll reply after your response.

OblivionDvdr said:
This is a pretty solid list, so I'll give you some suggestions on things that really are just personal preferences.start with this:

-1 Tool Scrapper
-1 Dark Claw

2 Tool scrapper is fine, and your Garbodor matchup isn't that bad anyway, and 3 Dark Claw will usually be enough.

I don't personally like Colress in Darkrai, because you can work with a small bench. I prefer Bianca, but that's a personal preference. If you put in Bianca, I would suggest taking out the Bicycles and add in Random Receiver, but I think that's a good idea regardless; I like to run 2.

Another card that makes a nice 1-of is Max Potion. It's a bit counter productive in some ways, but the max potion is very clutch and it will win you games in a tough spot. Another choice you have is Super Rod. It isn't always the best option, and it can slow you down, but you have a lot of 2-of Pokémon in here, so it can grab you back some of those (particularly good to avoid having your prize cards screw you over.)

And of course, you could always add a 3rd Yveltal, Darkrai, or Sableye. I'd probably go with the Yveltal on that one, but it's a lot of preference really.

I hope that this helps you, good luck with the deck! I'll reply after your response.

Thanks for the response Oblivion :) I really like som of your ideas, so here is what I have decided to do:

-1 Tool Scrapper
-1 Dark Claw
-2 Colress
+2 Bianca
-2 Bicycle
+2 Random Reciever
+2 Super Rod

What do you think about these changes? Anything you disagree with? Also, how well would this deck do against something like Trevennant/Accelgor?

Super rod is a good one-of, you can always junk hunt it later. I would probably run 1 Super Rod and 1 Max potion; 2 super rod is just going to get very cluttery, so even if you don't use the Max Potion, definitely only run 1 Super Rod.

OblivionDvdr said:
Super rod is a good one-of, you can always junk hunt it later. I would probably run 1 Super Rod and 1 Max potion; 2 super rod is just going to get very cluttery, so even if you don't use the Max Potion, definitely only run 1 Super Rod.

Allright, I'll run 1 Super Rod and 1 Max potion then. Thanks for the advice :)

Back