• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai/Lugia

BPenno

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon
  • 4 Darkrai Ex
  • 2 Lugia Ex
  • 1 Keldeo Ex
  • 2 Absol Plasma Freeze
Trainers
  • 4 Juniper
  • 4 Skyla
  • 3 Bianca
  • 3 N
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 4 Pokemon Catcher
  • 3 Colress Machine
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Dark Claw
  • 2 Plasma Badge
  • 2 Energy Switch
  • 1 Scramble Switch
Energy
  • 10 Dark
  • 4 Plasma
Strategy

I'd like to set up very quickly with Darkrai Ex with a Plasma Badge, Colress Machine, and Dark Patch. Hopefully get enough damage in to pick up a couple of quick prize cards.

After a couple of turns, I'd strive to get atleast 3 prizes from Lugia with a cheap KO using his ability, pokemon catchers, energy switch and/or scamble switch in tandem.

Absol and Dark Claw are there to counter Klingklang decks using Mind Jack, since they tend to be bench heavy and fits in perfect with both plasma and dark energy engines.

My main issues in deckbuilding are:
Is there anyway to fit Virbank/Lasers in, but still have the draw power and energy acceleration?
Is Shadow Triad worth fitting in? I have my doubts since it would use my supporter for the turn, though it would work great if i could fit in Lasers.
Plasma Frigate should be my gym of choice without lasers, right? If so, what would be a good way to fit it in?

Is this strategy worth pursuing? Additionally, what are some decks I would have trouble against? I would like the game to be over very quickly and I think it should have the speed to accomplish that.

I made this deck before http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-future-lugia-ex-donk--110246, you'll probably want to take out 2 dark energy for Double colorless energy. you also may want to take out a skyla for another draw supporter, probably N, as you need a big hand early game. Also, if you are trying for the donk, you may want Comp search as your ace spec.

I couldn't get your link to load, but I do agree about Computer Search. If I can acquire one locally, I'll likely make the switch. I've debated about DCE, but it doesn't accelerate nor transfer, so I'm leaning toward keeping it out.

I've thought about it and thought that it might be a bit clunky. I've made two decklists, with changes to the trainer lines.

Revised Ideas

Speed Version

Supporters 16

4 Juniper
4 N
4 Skyla
3 Bianca
1 Shadow Triad

Trainers 21

4 Dark Patch
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Colress Machine