• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai/Hydreigon

Goldenrod Gaming Corner

JOHTO FOREVER!
Hi Pokebeach, im starting to build a new tcg deck and i wanna see what you guys think. Its a Darkrai EX / Hydreigon deck. I'm getting a bit bored pulverising every one with Keldeo EX / Blastoise and a Fluffychomp deck so yea. Tell me what you guys think.

3-1-3 Hydreigon (Dark Aura)
3 Darkrai EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1 Celebi EX
3 Sabeleye
1 Sigilyph (Safeguard)

2 Skyla
3 Professor Juniper
3 Cheren
4 N
2 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher
1 Pokemon Communication
3 Max Potion
3 Dark Patch
2 Ultra Ball
2 Eviolite
1 Tool Scrapper

1 Computer Search

4[G][R][P][D] Energy
8 Darkness Energy

Tell me what you guys think! :p

Best start is with sabeleye, continuously use items like ultra balls, discarding 2 energies, getting a Darkrai EX on the field and dark patch (twice if possible) onto the darkrai EX. Junk hunt back the patch and ultra ball, and repeat until you have 2 Darkrai EX out on the field. Then focus on getting 2 Hydreigons out on the bench, whilst using night spear to lash out the damage. And basically, you can do whatever you want from there.

RE: Deck Checking

Moving the the appropriate forum. Remember that all decklists should go in this forum and not the one you posted in.

Please use a title that is appropriate for your thread next time and proper spelling and grammar (I'll edit this one now). Thanks :)

i run celebi ex to counter terrakion, but landorus is still a problem, now that i think about it. HELP. and also why 1 more rare candy, if i already have a hydreigon through zweillous, then i got a junk card. :(

Re: RE: Darkrai/Hydreigon

Goldenrod Gaming Corner said:
i run celebi ex to counter terrakion, but landorus is still a problem, now that i think about it. HELP. and also why 1 more rare candy, if i already have a hydreigon through zweillous, then i got a junk card. :(

Better Terrakion counter: Shaymin-EX

It actually does damage, as opposed to Celebi, who does nothing, really, other than Meatshield for a little bit.

EDIT: Saw a second issue. You want a candy in case your Zweil is prized, having 1 less candy than Hydreigon is annoying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Why would you want to go through zweilous when you could just use the candy? It also makes the Candies easier to get if there are more. The only reason to play 3 instead of 4 is because of Sableye.

haha ok.

1st: I see how zweillous prize situation, but do people ever run town maps?

2nd: So youre saying that i should be putting in a prize-based EX instead?

3rd: DO PEOPLE EVEN USE TERRAKION NOW?!!! I've seen in a small shop tournament that i went to, there was someone running landorus ex / mewtwo ex... WTF?!

NEW LIST!
3 Darkrai EX
1 Mewtwo EX
0 (-1) Celebi EX
3 Sabeleye
1 Sigilyph (Safeguard)

2 Skyla
3 Professor Juniper
3 Cheren
4 N
3 (+1) Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher
1 Pokemon Communication
3 Max Potion
3 Dark Patch
2 Ultra Ball
2 Eviolite
1 Tool Scrapper

1 Computer Search

4[G][R][P][D] Energy
8 Darkness Energy

Is that better?

and im missing 1 card... what could it be?

haha ok.

1st: I see how zweillous prize situation, but do people ever run town maps?

2nd: So youre saying that i should be putting in a prize-based EX instead?

3rd: DO PEOPLE EVEN USE TERRAKION NOW?!!! I've seen in a small shop tournament that i went to, there was someone running landorus ex / mewtwo ex... WTF?!

NEW LIST!
3 Darkrai EX
1 Mewtwo EX
0 (-1) Celebi EX
3 Sabeleye
1 Sigilyph (Safeguard)

2 Skyla
3 Professor Juniper
3 Cheren
4 N
3 (+1) Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher
1 Pokemon Communication
3 Max Potion
3 Dark Patch
2 Ultra Ball
2 Eviolite
1 Tool Scrapper

1 Computer Search

4[G][R][P][D] Energy
8 Darkness Energy

Is that better?

and im missing 1 card... what could it be?

1. You should never run Town Map. It sounds very good on paper, but realistically any good player would N you straight away after you picked your prize card.

2. Shaymin EX, is a fantastic counter to Terrakion and even Keldeo. If your opponent takes only 2 Prize Cards, then Shaymin is doing 90 damage, x2 for weakness and then 180 to Keldeo and Terrakion. KO'ing both of them. The only drawback is starting with it, which basically gives your opponent a free 2 prizes.

3. People do use Terrakion now, but a lot less, than they used to, because of Hypnotoxic Laser, if your opponent's active Pokemon faints because of Poison then Retaliate does 60 to a Darkrai not 180.

That leads on to my next point of trying to include 2 lasers in your deck for this very reason. If a Terrakion hits the field, then Skyla for the Laser in order to prevent a Retaliate KO.

I see where your coming from with hyptoxic laser so i can junk hunt it back continuosly.
well you sure know your stuff. NEW LIST.

3 Darkrai EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1 (+1) Shaymin EX
3 Sabeleye
1 Sigilyph (Safeguard)

2 Skyla
3 Professor Juniper
2 (-1) Cheren
3 (-1) N
2 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher
1 Pokemon Communication
3 Max Potion
3 Dark Patch
2 Ultra Ball
2 Eviolite
1 Tool Scrapper
2 (+2) Hypnotoxic Laser

1 Computer Search

4[G][R][P][D] Energy
8 Darkness Energy

If you want to get Hydreigon out as fast as you can, I suggest having 3-4 Rare Candy and a combination of 5 or more pokemon search cards (Ultra Ball, Level Ball and Communication). Stuff that you could potentially cut would be Hypnotoxic Laser (it isn't as good with less than 3-4 and without Virbank), Eviolite (not as good as it used to be and also works less well with less than 3-4), and Tool Scrapper (less tools in the meta).

ok. well thx every1 for your support. Lets put all your theories to work!
NEW LIST.

3 Darkrai EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1 Shaymin EX
3 Sabeleye
1 Sigilyph (Safeguard)

2 Skyla
3 Professor Juniper
2 Cheren
3 N
3 (+1) Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher
0 (-1) Pokemon Communication
3 Max Potion
3 Dark Patch
3 (+1) Ultra Ball
2 (+2) Level Ball
2 Eviolite
0 (-1) Tool Scrapper
0 (-2) Hypnotoxic Laser

1 Computer Search

4[G][R][P][D] Energy
8 Darkness Energy

Is that all good?

ok. well thx every1 for your support. Lets put all your theories to work!
NEW LIST.

3 Darkrai EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1 Shaymin EX
3 Sabeleye
1 Sigilyph (Safeguard)

2 Skyla
3 Professor Juniper
2 Cheren
3 N
3 (+1) Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher
0 (-1) Pokemon Communication
3 Max Potion
3 Dark Patch
3 (+1) Ultra Ball
2 (+2) Level Ball
2 Eviolite
0 (-1) Tool Scrapper
0 (-2) Hypnotoxic Laser

1 Computer Search

4[G][R][P][D] Energy
8 Darkness Energy

Is that all good?

Sorry to ruin the moment but your not gonna have a very good time with klinklang, which will be the madhouse of states and maybe even reigonals.

Here's what I would add:

-1 Sigilyph (gonna be creamed by cobailion EX)
-1 eviolite (cobailion EX goes through it)
-1 zwellous (not necessary)
+1 victini (counter for klinklang)
+1 giritina EX (counters both klinklang and terrakion)
+1 super rod (for victini)

well that was interesting. i made some last moment decisions when playing at a shop tournament, i took out 1 juniper and replaced it with 1 colress that i drew. And I won 1st! Thanks everyone. TIME TO TAKE ON REGIONALS AND NATIONALS!

@littywitty 1st, I don't want toss effects (Giratina), Victini is luck based, and there are only 4 evolution cards in all of my deck so super rod is only useful for pulling out darkrai, shaymin or mewtwo. So, I did see a Klingclang deck being run. He was using the ability, moving AND protection. But don't mean to sound ambitious or anything but i can 1 hit-KO it with Hydreigon atk at the cost of 2 Darkness energies, but I can junk hunt (Sabeleye) for dark patches to recover

i thought he was talking about BC victini, but v-create is very reliant on your bench, but idk. At least I won and I'm going to regionals, so wish me luck, still sticking with my deck. I'll tell you guys how i go and help me change my deck around if you want!

Back