• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai / Hydreigon help

starpilot11

Pokemon Master
Pokemon 15

• 3 Darkrai EX
  • 3-1-3 Hydreigon (with Dark Trance)
  • 3 Sableye
  • 1 Keldeo EX
  • 1 Mewtwo EX
Trainers 33

• 3 N
  • 1 Energy Retrieval
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 4 Juniper
  • 3 Skyla
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 2 Dark Claw
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Heavy Ball
  • 1 Rescue Scarf
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Computer Search
Energy 12

• 8 Darkness energy
  • 4 Blend PFPD

I'm looking to build a Darkrai deck soon and would like some advice on it.

-1 heavy ball
-1 level ball
-2 Rescue scarf

+ 1 Juniper
+ 1 N
+ 2 Energy switch/Hammers

Between Juniper,N, Ultra balls and Junk hunt, you don't need that many different balls(^.^).

You could probably drop two more dark engerys for something else. Some ideas could be: Mr. Mine, Frozen city gym, Switch(for when you cant use that free retreat), Enchants Hammer, Crushing Hammer, etc.

Jamster said:
-1 heavy ball
-1 level ball
-2 Rescue scarf

+ 1 Juniper
+ 1 N
+ 2 Energy switch/Hammers

Between Juniper,N, Ultra balls and Junk hunt, you don't need that many different balls(^.^).

You could probably drop two more dark engerys for something else. Some ideas could be: Mr. Mine, Frozen city gym, Switch(for when you cant use that free retreat), Enchants Hammer, Crushing Hammer, etc.

Energy switch is out of format. I want to keep the rescue scarves for sableye.

List updated.

Energy switch and crushing hammer were reprinted in the new set so they are in the format now. Engery switch is meh for this deck anyways since you have Hydreigon. It's more of a back up if anything. Adding some hammers to the deck isn't a bad idea.

For your ace spec I would go with one of two: Computer Search or Downsing Machine.
Computer Search works good all game were as Downsing Machine rocks late game.

Jamster said:
Energy switch and crushing hammer were reprinted in the new set so they are in the format now. Engery switch is meh for this deck anyways since you have Hydreigon. It's more of a back up if anything. Adding some hammers to the deck isn't a bad idea.

For your ace spec I would go with one of two: Computer Search or Downsing Machine.
Computer Search works good all game were as Downsing Machine rocks late game.

The hammers is a good idea. Agreed on the energy switch. I think I like Computer search.

Pokemon Center probably helps your opponent more than it helps you, as if you do night spear, you damage their bench, and Darkrai's math is "perfect". So I'd take out those 2 cards, and I never found 4 max potion needed. It's not bad, but it's also not needed at the same time.

So I would
-2 Pokemon Center
-1 Max Potion

+1 tool scrapper (Garbodor kills this deck)
+1 Juniper (It's an important card in this format, the more cards the better)
+1 Colress (Gets lots of cards late game, sort of sucks early game sometimes)

Hope I helped!

Emolga2254 said:
Pokemon Center probably helps your opponent more than it helps you, as if you do night spear, you damage their bench, and Darkrai's math is "perfect". So I'd take out those 2 cards, and I never found 4 max potion needed. It's not bad, but it's also not needed at the same time.

So I would
-2 Pokemon Center
-1 Max Potion

+1 tool scrapper (Garbodor kills this deck)
+1 Juniper (It's an important card in this format, the more cards the better)
+1 Colress (Gets lots of cards late game, sort of sucks early game sometimes)

Hope I helped!

Thx. With junk hunt I can see taking that max potion out.

List updated.

imo you should drop mewtwo and keldeo. Mewtwo is nice and everything but darkrai resists psychic anyway so its not a huge deal. I suggest adding in 1 Shaymin ex since it can charge up with blend energy in 1 turn, then possibly viriizion ex to protect from status conditions if you see laserbank in your near future. Both of which you never have really NEED to play, but are amazing techs you can pull out against the right decks.

• 3 Deino DRX 93
  • 1 Zweilous DRX 96
  • 3 Hydreigon DRX 97
  • 3 Darkrai EX
  • 2 Sableye DEX
  • 1 Mr. Mime PLF
Tbh I would play something like this for your pokemon, I could rewrite the whole list and stuff but I don't want to seem rude. If you would like my darkrai/hydragion list I can type it up for you and pm it. I have tropical beaches in mine, however I can make a variant without it also.

scREAM said:
  • 3 Deino DRX 93
  • 1 Zweilous DRX 96
  • 3 Hydreigon DRX 97
  • 3 Darkrai EX
  • 2 Sableye DEX
  • 1 Mr. Mime PLF
Tbh I would play something like this for your pokemon, I could rewrite the whole list and stuff but I don't want to seem rude. If you would like my darkrai/hydragion list I can type it up for you and pm it. I have tropical beaches in mine, however I can make a variant without it also.

Thx. Could you please send me the list without tropical beach.

Back