• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Darkrai EX / Malamar EX

matuxlogan

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon:
  • 4 Darkrai EX
  • 3 Malamar EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 Judge
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Energy Switch
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 2 Max Elixir
  • 2 Tool Retriever (thank you garbo)
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Reverse Valley (win the stadium battle vs science lab)
Energy:
  • 8 Darkness Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

Darkrai Ex main attaker + muscle band. Charge Malamar, sleep the active pokemon, use energy switch to Darkrai and hit 180. I'ving thinking about Fighting Fury Belt (+40 hp +10 damage) for Muscle Band, 'cause that with Reverse Valley make the 180 hit combo + HP, so any advice will be great! Thanks!

*Sorry if my english isn't good enough, it's not my birth language and it's hard sometimes, hope you understand.

I think it looks awesome.
I read 'Tool Retriever' but it's clear you mean 'Startling Megaphone', because Garbotoxin would really suck and yeah so would Silent Lab, but I wonder who would play that? Only someone with no Shaymin EX, I suppose.
One thing that is unfortunate is that Hyper Hypnosis will not be activated by Max Elixir. . .
and it appears to attach only to Benched pokemon.
I'm kind of thinking a 2-2 Zoroark line would work good. The theory being, Stand In, Max Elixir to Darkrai EX and retreat with Float Stone making Darkrai EX active again. But you could Max Elixir to Malamar EX and Energy Switch (but that won't activate Hyper Hypnosis I don't think) That would mean you need 2-2 Zoroark BKT and 2 Float Stones. Anyways, it would help greatly in two situations, Pyroar and perhaps Jolteon EX or Regice offering you a pretty good second attacker.
I'm not sure how you can ever charge up Darkrai EX in a single turn, especially since your manual energy attachment pretty much has to be to Malamar EX and energy switch only works with basic energy.
I know I perhaps am responsible for suggesting this path, but now that I consider it more carefully, how about Hypno and Zoroark with Darkrai-EX? With 'Stand In' and Float Stone you can wake up Darkrai EX and take advantage of Hypno's ability without using All Night Party. You could run 3-3 Zoroark and 3 Float Stones to make sure you can get that developed and run maybe 2 Wally and a few Evosodas to speed up getting Zoroark and Hypno ready. . . what do you think? You could run Reverse Valley that way, or All Night Party, which would give you two ways out of sleep.
That might be the best option and run 4 Max Elixir and try to outspeed everyone, even if you start with Darkrai on the bench, Max Elixir, attach DCE, retreat active with Float Stone and attack on turn 1/2.
I dunno, anyone else have an idea of how best to work this?

I think it looks awesome.
I read 'Tool Retriever' but it's clear you mean 'Startling Megaphone', because Garbotoxin would really suck and yeah so would Silent Lab, but I wonder who would play that? Only someone with no Shaymin EX, I suppose.
One thing that is unfortunate is that Hyper Hypnosis will not be activated by Max Elixir. . .
and it appears to attach only to Benched pokemon.
I'm kind of thinking a 2-2 Zoroark line would work good. The theory being, Stand In, Max Elixir to Darkrai EX and retreat with Float Stone making Darkrai EX active again. But you could Max Elixir to Malamar EX and Energy Switch (but that won't activate Hyper Hypnosis I don't think) That would mean you need 2-2 Zoroark BKT and 2 Float Stones. Anyways, it would help greatly in two situations, Pyroar and perhaps Jolteon EX or Regice offering you a pretty good second attacker.
I'm not sure how you can ever charge up Darkrai EX in a single turn, especially since your manual energy attachment pretty much has to be to Malamar EX and energy switch only works with basic energy.
I know I perhaps am responsible for suggesting this path, but now that I consider it more carefully, how about Hypno and Zoroark with Darkrai-EX? With 'Stand In' and Float Stone you can wake up Darkrai EX and take advantage of Hypno's ability without using All Night Party. You could run 3-3 Zoroark and 3 Float Stones to make sure you can get that developed and run maybe 2 Wally and a few Evosodas to speed up getting Zoroark and Hypno ready. . . what do you think? You could run Reverse Valley that way, or All Night Party, which would give you two ways out of sleep.
That might be the best option and run 4 Max Elixir and try to outspeed everyone, even if you start with Darkrai on the bench, Max Elixir, attach DCE, retreat active with Float Stone and attack on turn 1/2.
I dunno, anyone else have an idea of how best to work this?

Hi! Thanks for your comment. I got to say it's really smart. Zoroark working as Keldeo ex works really good here, but the only problem I think I can have is the set up speed for two stages 1 but maybe with evosoda I can get them fast (sometimes is just lucky haha). I was thinking about Reverse Valley and make it even better with Fighting Fury Belt 'cause you got +10 damage + 40 HP + 10 damage Reverse Valley, magic 180 hit combo + 40hp. I dunno, but I'll give it a try

Yeah, cool. I'm glad both these threads found each other. I thnk there's no way to get a 160 damage attack out of Darkrai EX outside of a lucky flip on Hypnotoxic Laser. Darkrai has to be benched first turn for a Dark Patch or Max Elixir, you need a DCE which you have to attach manually (unless you somehow get 2 Dark Patches and manually attach an energy to Malamar EX with an Energy Switch in hand, making 3 energy on Darkrai EX with Hyper Hypnosis active, it's ridiculous) Whereas running 2 stage 1's means you can stack on Wally and Evosoda to try and make the conversion quick since both Hypno and Zoroark can take advantage. I still can't see a first turn whole package. . . for argument's sake, you get Hypno first turn, you need All Night Party so Darkrai EX can attack, you won't be able to have both Zoroark and Hypno first turn. . . the whole goal would be to get a Max Elixir or Dark Patch off, attach DCE, find Rave Party. . . it's so many things. . . add in the fact that Dark Patch and Max Elixir only work on the bench, so you must switch into active. . . You're definitely not getting Hypno and Zoroark first turn. I don't know, but it's a puzzle I am now determined to figure out. . .

Back