• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Darkrai EX / Hypno / Zoroark

matuxlogan

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon:
  • 4 Darkrai EX
  • 2 Drowzee
  • 2 Hypno
  • 2 Zorua
  • 2 Zoroark (rush in)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 All Night Party
Energy:
  • 8 Darkness Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless
Strategy:

The strategy it's simple: Darkrai hit 180 (Hypno's ability + muscle band), Zoroark use "rush" to clean conditions (just in case) and I can use Elixir on Darkrai 'cause he's on the bench. Super Rod is for late game energy or pokemon resources. I'll be glad to read any advice. Thanks!

Last edited:
Seems like the best one so far, dude.
You might want more Ultra Ball or a few Level Balls? Or maybe give yourself one more Fanclub?
I only see 1 Fan Club and 2 Ultra Ball (and 2 Evosodas), I think maybe 3 Ultra Ball, 2 Level Ball? Level Ball can get Hypno, Drowzee and Zorua.
Anyone else have any ideas? I used to run 3 Ultra Ball, 2 Level ball 2 Evosodas for Zoroark / Bronzong which seems similar. Hypno and Bronzong are both 90HP stage 1's. Anyone got a good list for that?
You got to try it and see if you get stuck with just a drowzee or zorua a lot.

Seems like the best one so far, dude.
You might want more Ultra Ball or a few Level Balls? Or maybe give yourself one more Fanclub?
I only see 1 Fan Club and 2 Ultra Ball (and 2 Evosodas), I think maybe 3 Ultra Ball, 2 Level Ball? Level Ball can get Hypno, Drowzee and Zorua.
Anyone else have any ideas? I used to run 3 Ultra Ball, 2 Level ball 2 Evosodas for Zoroark / Bronzong which seems similar. Hypno and Bronzong are both 90HP stage 1's. Anyone got a good list for that?
You got to try it and see if you get stuck with just a drowzee or zorua a lot.

Hi! Actually yes, I want to put UB and LB, so what do you think?
- 1 Fan Club
- 2 Evosoda

+ 1 Ultra Ball
+ 2 Level ball

Or I need 2 free spaces to keep those evosoda 'cause I guess I really need them to make this fast enough

I dunno, I recommend trying it like that with 3 UB and 2 LB. That seems like a good split. The one fanclub might not hurt, but you don't seem to run Battle Compressor so having only one copy of Brigette, Wally or Fan Club doesn't seem like you'll pull them when you need them. 2 Evosodas probably aren't necessary, I only suggest them because they work for both Hypno and Zoroark. So long as a 70 HP Drowzee can hang tough until turn 2, then you can Rush In with Zoroark and bench it. What do you think about 1 Skyla though? It might really rock to have it since it could get you Float Stone, Ultra Ball for Zoroark, All Night Party: critical pieces to ensure Darkrai EX is able to attack and is not asleep. 1 Wally would be awesome at times too, if you can get Hypno really really fast there's a chance your opponent is not going to be able to attack (whether you can or not) and you'll have an extra turn to set up.
Anyways, 1 or 2 cards here or there you'll have to figure out, but it seems to me those few extra Ultra Ball and Level Ball will really help your set ups.

Back