• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai EX Dusknoir?

smaknart

Aspiring Trainer
This Will Be My First Post So Here We Go!
The Idea I Got From Running This Deck Was Deal 90 Damage to the active, then next turn bring the 30 damage up from the bench and hitting for the K.O. or the Opposite.

The Deck List
3-1-3 Dusknoir (BC)
3 Darkrai EX (DARKE)
2 Terrakion (NV)
1 Mew Two EX (ND)
3 Sableye (DARKE)

3 Rare Candy (DARKE)
4 Dark Patch (DARKE)
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Random Receiver (DARKE)
4 Ultra Ball (DARKE)
2 Switch (BC)
2 Eviolite (NV)

4 N (DARKE)
4 Juniper (DARKE)
2 Skyla (BC)

4 Prism Energy (ND)
9 Dark Energys.

More Advice Would Be Awesome To Make This Deck Faster And More Efficient

-1 Sableye
-4 Prism
-Mew EX
-2 Switch

+3-4 Energy Switch
+3 Basic Ground Energy
+Computer Search

Reasoning: Sableye is a staple, but you shouldn't need more than one per game, possibly two if you meet a dire situation. This also frees up deck space, since you have four ultra ball, and should not have issues getting a Sableye out (though, yes, it's nice to start with one, you only run 8 basics total).

Prism energy just clogs up the deck, and is not needed, since dropping Mew in favor of consistency would make the deck better. Mew doesn't bring anything at all, since you can't dark patch to it. If you want a Mewtwo counter, put an Eviolite on a Darkrai, or run a Mewtwo. This allows you to run basic Fighting energy, which makes Energy Switch --EXTREMELY-- good and important. One-turn Terrakion drops and retaliates are key against other Darkrai decks.

You aren't going for turn 1 Darkrais, you don't need switch. With Energy Switch, this lets you attach to active > retreat > switch to sableye > junk hunt.

Computer search is an obvious choice. You can Junk Hunt it, put more dark into the discard, and grab ANY card in your deck with it. Junk hunt, again, makes this exploitable.

Possible things to look into:

- Max Potion (Heal Darkrai to prevent KO, and to heal Dusknoir. Hurts mirror)
- Dark Claw (Allows you to drop 140 per turn, or a full 120 against an eviolite defender. This also nets you the 140 on one turn, moving everything with dusknoir, and then sniping for 30 with a catcher, taking out benched Keldeos and Mewtwo).
- Bianca (With four ultra ball and C.Search, Bianca is a powerful supporter. Not as potent as a Juniper or N, but it's up there).

I would keep the switches for those eel matches where fliptini will help them stall to build up attackers, or if your playing against Garbador and dusknoir get's stuck active.

Skyla + Toolscrapper solves any Garbador issues. Junk hunt if needed, or CSearch it.

As for Eel stalling with Raikou paralyze, it's annoying, and you can run one Keldeo instead for that if you need. (Put a dark on it, and then rush in + retreat)

X3 Darkrai Ex
X3 Dusknoir
X1 Dusclops
X3 Duskull
X2 Terrakion
X2 Sableye
X1 Mew EX

Trainers/Supporters:
X4 N
X4 Juniper
X2 Skyla

X4 Catcher
X3 Ultra Ball
X2 Level Ball
X3 Rare Candy
X2 Switch
X4 Dark Patch
X3 Dark Claw
X1 Super Rod
X1 Tool Scrapper
X1 Random Receiver
X1 ACE SPEC Computer Search

Energy:
X6 Dark
X4 Fight

Like This?

smaknart said:
X3 Darkrai Ex
X3 Dusknoir
X1 Dusclops
X3 Duskull
X2 Terrakion
X2 Sableye
X1 Mew EX

Trainers/Supporters:
X4 N
X4 Juniper
X2 Skyla

X4 Catcher
X3 Ultra Ball
X2 Level Ball
X3 Rare Candy
X2 Switch
X4 Dark Patch
X3 Dark Claw
X1 Super Rod
X1 Tool Scrapper
X1 Random Receiver
X1 ACE SPEC Computer Search

Energy:
X6 Dark
X4 Fight

Like This?

Mew EX is no needed, also, you need mor search power to get Dusknoir in play ASAP.
-1 Mew EX
-2 Level Ball
-1 Dark Claw (2 is enough)
-1 Tool Scrapper (run 2-3 or nothing)

+3 Heavy Ball (searches Dusknoir and Terrakion)
+2 Energy Switch (for surprise Retaliate)
Hope I helped you :D

Here's the list I've bben working so far, It still needs more testing and consistency, but I've been doing well so far:

Pokemon:
3 Darkrai EX
3 Sableye
3-1-2 Dusknoir
1 Mewtwo EX
0-1 Keldeo EX
Total: 10-11
Trainer:
3-4 N
2-3 Juniper
2 Bianca
2 Skyla
2 Random Receiver
2-3 Catcher
4 Dark Patch
3-4 Energy Switch
3 Ultra Ball
1 Computer Search
2 Pokemon communication
2 Dark Claw
1-2 Max Potion

Energy:
12-14 Darkness /
0-2 Prism

That's the base of what I'm testing, hope you like it. Any suggestions are welcomed! :D

Back