• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai Ex and his dragon friend Hydreigon

Warizon

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon 15
  • 3 Darkrai Ex
  • 3-1-3 Hydreigon
  • 2 Sableye
  • 1 Virizion Ex
  • 1 Absol
  • 1 Tropius
Trainers 33
  • 4 Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 3 Skyla
  • 1 Bianca
  • 1 Colress
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 3 Pokemon Catcher
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 3 Max Potion
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Computer Search/Dowsing Machine
Energy
  • 8 Dark Energy
  • 4 Blend GRPD

As we know, Darkrai lost Energy Switch with this format change, and that changed my attention to one of my favorite decks, the Darkrai Ex/Hydreigon deck.

Strategy
The strategy here is to use the whole concept of the original Darkrai/Hydreigon deck to tank with Max Potion's help, while using Sableye to recycle max potions and other precious things throughout the game.

Virizion Ex is there to make me immune to lasers and other status conditions.
Tropius is an AMAZING non-Ex counter for a 4 energy Keldeo Ex and even the PLF Kyurem, being able to 1HKO the first when it has 4 energy attached, and the second when it has 3 (which they have a lot!)

Hydreigon can not only be used as the great energy switching support, but also for his attack, that can 1HKO Black Kyurem Ex BC.

Absol is there because I felt like this, being a Darkrai deck, needed its newly added non Ex attacker.

2 Tool Scrappers are for my biggest fear.... Garbodor, that trashy trashy thing ahah

Regrets: Not having a Landorus Ex counter on my deck because of the lack of space for Prism Energies.

Reformatted to match rules.~KA

Warizon said:
Regrets: Not having a Landorus Ex counter on my deck because of the lack of space for Prism Energies.
Why not just drop 2 Dark for 2 Prism Energies? That's what I run in my Darkrai/Hydreigon Deck. I'm also considering upping my Absol count to 2, I found that when I really needed that extra damage for a KO, my only Absol was Prized.. >_<

Edit: On a side note, I realized that if necessary, you could shift Energy to Hydreigon to OHKO a Black Kyurem EX when going against a Blastoise Deck.. :p

I would suggest taking out a Tropius and Absol for 2 Genesect. That allows you to actually get 1-hit KO's. In theory Absol can get 1-shots but it doesn't actually happen that much when playing. If you do you would have to drop 2 dark for 2 prism and of course change your Ace Spec to G-Booster.

I might take those 2 darks for 2 prims, never thought about that because the dark energy count seemed too low !

Not sure about Genesect Ex, he gives away 2 prizes and the point of Tropius was to be a non-Ex attacker that could change games vs Blastoise decks while Hydreigon, as Sheriff stated above, could 1HKO BKEX.

And even if I would put Genesect Ex (I had to get my hands on one first ahah), changing the Ace Spec to G-Booster would really hurt consistency in my opinion.

Warizon said:
I might take those 2 darks for 2 prims, never thought about that because the dark energy count seemed too low !

Not sure about Genesect Ex, he gives away 2 prizes and the point of Tropius was to be a non-Ex attacker that could change games vs Blastoise decks while Hydreigon, as Sheriff stated above, could 1HKO BKEX.

And even if I would put Genesect Ex (I had to get my hands on one first ahah), changing the Ace Spec to G-Booster would really hurt consistency in my opinion.

Not necessarily... It's one card and its not like it makes all the difference. Genesect also 1-hit KO's Keldeo and Blastoise with megalo cannon while G-Booster 1-shots everything else. With it you can also 1-shot BKEX without risking your Hydreigon. If you feel the dark count is low then only take out 1 Dark for a prism. If you could afford Beach then they would be great in this deck but I understand most people can't afford them.

Also up the N count to 4 because you will get set up last. A N to 1 or 2 really hurts a lot of decks.

My problem with G-booster would be the fact that i would be forced to discard one Blend/Prism to use it and I have no way to get them back, and without it I can already take down pretty much anything in the Blastoise matchup.
The Beaches are out of question, the price is just too high..

What would I take to up the N count?

Back