3 Bench Shield
4 PONT
3 Cilan
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Energy Retrieval
3 Cheren
2 Switch
4 Energy Removal

sableye is to start the game, and my goal is to get hypno on the bench with a bench shield on him, and get darkrai lvl X out for his double flip sleep with chance of K.O.
Musharna is in case Darkrai is not up, and Regigigas EX is my power house fallback.

I can keep the enemy asleep very often and they can't attack while I'm doing damage to them. And if the opponent tries to power up a bench guy to switch out, I have energy removal to slow them down.

Should I replace 1 Musharna run for a hypno? I was also thinking Gust of wind or a couple potions but I'm not too sure. {D}

darkrai lv x is consider the same name as darkrai so you cannot have 3-2 darkrai lv x line.. you can only either have 1-1, 2-2, 3-1 or 4-0 line..

Really? Suck. Well thanks for telling me. I'll have to bring it down to a 2-2. Or would a 3-1 be better?

Until I get some Darkrai G I suppose.

I think that a 2-2 line would work best. I don't think that 3-1 is very reliable IMO. I'd run another attacker because I don't think that darkrai and 1 regigigas will be enough.
-3 energy retrieval
-3 cilan (I think that maybe IQ would work better with the special energies)
-2 energy removal
-2 psychic

+4 junk arm
+3 catcher
+2 DCE or rainbow

3 extra spaces for extra stuff you might want.

you might want to wait for Dark Rush set to be out.. since Darkrai EX and a new Item call Dark Patch that attach a basic dark energy from your discard to 1 of your dark type bench pokemon will be out in that set most probably..

Wait... dark rush is coming out in america? When?? oh man.

And Yeah, i changed the listings of my deck for new attacker. furthermore, catcher? no. that's expensive and I'm playing unlimited, I have plenty of gust of winds. I also have DCE and double rainbows. Junk arm is also expensive. Anyway, re-done version:

2-2 Darkrai lvl x
2-2 Hypno(HGSS)
2-2 Musharna(BW)
1 Regigigas EX
3 Absol G
4 Sableye(SF)

4 Psychic Energy
8 Darkness energy

2 Bench Shield
4 PONT
3 Cilan
4 Pokemon Communication
2 Energy Retrieval
3 Cheren
3 Moonlight Stadium
3 Energy Removal
3 Premier Ball

the detail of dark rush is here:
http://pokebeach.com/2012/02/mays-english-set-dark-explorers
pokemon communication can be replaced by pokemon trader, gust of wind replace catcher and item finder replace junk arm.

the metagame in unlimited is quite stagnant.
for competitive it's either 1st turn donk or 1st turn lock like porydonk and etc.
but since you are playing casual, your pokemon line should be just fine.. but for trainer-wise you can go for older draws like erika and professor oak and digging with misty's wrath and computer search for search. if competitive decks in unlimited is considered tier 1.. try to at least build a list that's tier 1.5 or 2 even if it's for casual in order to at least have some winning chance if you met players playing competitive.. from the look of your list it's around tier 3 i believe.

my previous list goes something like this (and i still consider it tier 2 or 2.5 only):

4 Darkrai EX
Darkrai EX – Darkness – HP180
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Darkness Cloak
As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Pokemon with any Darkness Energy attached to them have no Retreat cost.

[D][D][C] Night Spear: 90 damage. Choose 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon, and this attack also does 30 damage to that Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench.)

Pokemon-EX Rule: When Pokemon-EX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2
4 Sableye - Stormfront

3 Professor Oak
3 Erika
4 Computer Search
4 Item Finder
1 Junk Arm (extra item returning tools)
4 Gust of Wind
4 Scoop Up
4 Dark Patch
Dark Patch – Trainer

Choose 1 Basic Darkness Energy card from your discard pile and attach it to one of your Benched Darkness-type Pokemon.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.
3 Darkness Claw (to increase damage of darkrai EX attack to 110 damage on defending active and 30 damage to a bench and late game for sableye if needed to deal 60 damage if defending active have lower HP than sableye)
Darkness Claw – Tool

Pokemon Tool: To use a Pokemon Tool, attach it to one of your Pokemon. Each Pokemon can only have 1 card attached, and the card remains attached.

The attacks of the Darkness-type Pokemon that this card is attached to do an additional 20 damage to any Active Pokemon.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.
1 Luxury Ball (best pokemon search trainer out there)
1 Pokemon Retreiver
2 Roseanne's Research (get energy or pokemon to hand)
2 Felicity's Drawing (to discard energy for dark patch if needed and for drawing)
2 Pokemon Collector (to use with sableye impersonate)
2 Lucian's Assignment (to combo with scoop up)

9 Basic Darkness Energy
3 Special Darkness Energy

First of all, there's no way I'm getting all of that. especially since some of it is not even out yet in america. Pokemon collector is too expensive, I'm not worried about hard core competitive or tournament play in the least. And most of the other players I play against don't build there decks that way. Or for "1st turn donk or 1st turn lock" Or whatever. Nothing like that.

my main opponent's, well, one in particular, has the 1 energy K.o.-a-basic machamp, and others have a decent amount of ex pokemon. lets say, 2-3 per deck.

Back