Darkness Approaches — Banette ex Emerges from the Shadows

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello PokeBeach readers! Isaiah here, and I am happy to be writing another article for you all! Last time, I talked a lot about Iron Hands ex and its position in the metagame across a variety of archetypes, making special note of specifically Owyn Kamerman’s big win at the Dortmund Regional Championships a few weeks ago with Chien-Pao ex.
SWSH8_EN_269.png

This weekend at the Utrecht Special Event, we saw a few weird things happen, with one of the stand-out decks being Tord Reklev’s bizarre Charizard ex / Rapid Strike Urshifu VMAX deck, but another stand-out aspect of the...

Continue reading...

I knew Banette ex could be useful for something, I almost made a deck around it to try it out but then decided to move to Alakazam ex because I wasn't to sure what the Bannette could work well with, now I cant see the decklist but I have a feeling its pretty good

Thoughts on Chatot from BRS(I think) as a replacement for dreepy once rotation hits?

I have made a Banette ex deck for last Halloween and it worked great I have been messing around with it ever since

My eyes are on venomoth more than bannette. My venomoth/clodsire deck is getting new toys

Do you think Salvatore will be good in the deck post rotation?
It could be! You'd have to restructure the deck a bit, including the addition of a Lumineon V probably. I definitely plan on trying it out, but my first impression is that it also may just be unnecessary, as it only matters when you go second.

Thoughts on Chatot from BRS(I think) as a replacement for dreepy once rotation hits?
I honestly do not know if a corner-style effect is even necessary, but I think I would just play Mawile instead. Being a Psychic type is valuable because of Gardevoir ex and infinitely trapping something is more important than the damage. You could play a Pidgeot V to have an infinite deck instead of damage being the win condition too. Alternatively, Espathra SVI does 20 and corners the defending Pokemon, but it's a Stage 1. However, the two card spots it takes up are equivalent to the two spots that Mawile Pidgeot would take up so maybe it is worth considering.

Back