• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dark Tina (For Dallas Regionals)

Primadoxx

Aspiring Trainer
this is just the deck i wanna play for the begging of the 16-17 season. constructed criticism approved! :)

Pokemon: 12

3 Darkrai-EX
2 Giratina-EX
2 Shaymin-EX
1 Hoopa-EX
2 Yveltal XY
2 Yveltal BKT

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35

4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Ranger
1x Hex Maniac

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Max Elixir
3 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Switch
1 Escape Rope
1 Super Rod

2 Parallel City

Energy: 13

9 Darkness Energy
4 Double Dragon Energy

My Little Keldeo

Submarine Reflection!
Advanced Member
I'm not a fan of Yveltal BKT in this deck. While both Fright Night and Pitch Black Spear are powerful, the three Energy requirement to attack in this deck can become a burden without Double Colorless Energy. Putting three Basic Energy on a Pokemon that can be one-shotted by opposing Darkrai-EX, Volcanion-EX and other common threats in the metagame is risky. I also suggest removing one copy of Yveltal XY. While a great utility card, you won't be getting many KOs with Oblivion wing. Its main purpose is for recovering Energy from the discard late game. This deck is about hitting hard and fast early on.

As for replacements, Hydreigon-EX is a must in this deck. It drastically reduces the Retreat Cost for your Giratina-EX, letting you keep precious Double Dragon Energy in play. With two Hydreigon-Exon the Bench and a Stadium in play, your Dragon Pokemon can retreat for free. Shred is also a useful attack that can hit through the blocking effects of Jolteon-EX, Regice AOR and Carbink STS, and with a Fighting Fury Belt will two-shot most Pokemon-EX. With the third freed space, Yvetal-EX is a great backup attacker. There are plenty of times when Evil Ball can be used to great effect, especially against Energy hogs like Flareon-EX and M Mewtwo-EX.

I'm also suggesting to remove Pokemon Ranger. Hydreigon-EX fulfills the role of getting past effects like Jolteon-EX and Regice, so it's not needed here. There really aren't any other attack effects in the metagame that can stop this deck. I'd replace it with Special Charge, which is absolutely essential for this deck because it recovers Double Dragon Energy.

In summary, my suggestions are:

-2 Yveltal BKT
-1 Yveltal XY
-1 Pokemon Ranger

+2 Hydreigon-EX
+1 Yveltal-EX
+1 Special Charge

PlatypusAvenger

Aspiring Trainer
I love the idea of Darkrai/Giratina and am running a similar list at with the exception of including hammers. I agree with Little Keldeo's critique that baby Yveltal and especially BKT Yveltal add very little to the deck. Whilst a huge fun of Hydreigon-EX I haven't included it in my list but instead went with a float stone and escape rope for mobility, though I do see the idea behind it and my test it out. Yveltal EX is a near must, as it should be in any dark based deck, giving the deck a third different weakness and a resistance to Darkrai's weakness. Here's my current list below, hope it helps

Pokemon – 9
2 Darkrai-EX
2 Giratina-EX
2 Shaymin-EX
1 Yveltal-EX
1 Hoopa-EX
1 Yveltal

Energy – 13
4 Double Dragon Energy
9 Dark Energy

Trainers - 38
Supporters – 11
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Lysandre
1 Delinquent
1 Hex Maniac
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Ninja Boy

Items – 26
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS. Seeker
4 Max Elixir
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Crushing Hammer
1 Enhanced Hammer
2 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Float Stone
1 Escape Rope
1 Super Rod

Stadiums – 1
1 Parallel City

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I actually live in Texas as well, and I suggest Mew(non-EX) over Hydreigon. It favors the prize trade, and helps your fairy matchup. Fairies are EVERYWHERE now, and the deck has lost much power, I'd even say it's borderline unplayable. If you want to give the deck a chance, that might be a good first step. And yes, I am fully aware that Hydreigon would let Giratina-EX have free retreat, but when I still played this, I played every variant I could think of, and the Mew one was probably my favorite. Although I suggest using another deck, if you want to use this, I would recommend the following recomondations:
-2 Yveltal BKT
-1 Darkrai-EX
-1 Yveltal XY
-1 Switch

+2 Float Stone
+2 Mew/ Hydreigon-EX
+1 Enhanced Hammer/ 1 Dark Energy

My reason behind another dark energy is that if you play Hydreigon, it is another attacker in addition to support, so having the 10th energy to nearly guarantee your odds(in terms of not having complete s**t luck) of hitting Elixir. I also don't see why you need more than 1 Yveltal XY, since already high HP plus a Fury Belt and being a non-EX, it should take you pretty far. My reasoning behind Enhanced Hammer is that you don't always attack with Giratina, in fact, people attack hardly at all with it. As good as it is, it simply isn't your main attacker, and it works best as a bench sitter. Float Stone shouldn't need an explanation, since your deck plays none, so you just get rid of space to put it in. Hope I helped!

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
Are you a senior division player? By the way I would also add in a second Parallel City it really helps you against rainbow road.

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
Are you a senior division player? By the way I would also add in a second Parallel City it really helps you against rainbow road.
I will be competing in the wee Juniors. With a Mega Scizor deck to boot. I don't know how far my Scissors will take me, but I hope to place in some sort of top percentage. This will actually be my first regionals, any tips for mental prep or deck prep?

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
as a Junior running an actual deck I am going to say you will probably make Top 8, but don't get your hopes up. Make sure to drink tons of water!
Thank you! I'm extremely nervous even though it's still months away. My thinking is not to get my hopes up, that way if and when I do poorly, I won't be disappointed. I know that a lot of my league friends will be there, as well as the person whom I play tested with for the past 5 months, which makes me even more nervous. I'll make sure to drink plenty of water, now if I can just get my hands on a second Shaymin, I'll be feeling a little bit better.:mad::D

PIXELMAGE

Pokemon and Anime Loving Memelord
Personally I run 2-2 Garbodor in Dark Tina. The only repercussions to this method is shutting down Hoopa or Hydreigon. If you can play garbodor the second turn you can easily shut down Shaymin, Volcanion EX, Yanmega, and metal box in expanded. It may make the deck less consistant, but combating the meta is what this deck is for, right? If you are battling against mega ray and don't want to disrupt Tina's ability, just don't play garbodor. It's a situational tech as I like to call it.
Here are my suggestions...
+trubbish (2)
+garbodor (2)
-Pokemon trainer (1)
-hex maniac (1)
-switch (1)
-professor sycamore (1)

PIXELMAGE

Pokemon and Anime Loving Memelord
Personally I run 2-2 Garbodor in Dark Tina. The only repercussions to this method is shutting down Hoopa or Hydreigon. If you can play garbodor the second turn you can easily shut down Shaymin, Volcanion EX, Yanmega, and metal box in expanded. It may make the deck less consistant, but combating the meta is what this deck is for, right? If you are battling against mega ray and don't want to disrupt Tina's ability, just don't play garbodor. It's a situational tech as I like to call it.
Here are my suggestions...
+trubbish (2)
+garbodor (2)
-Pokemon trainer (1)
-hex maniac (1)
-switch (1)
-professor sycamore (1)
Also, get rid of 2 yveltal BKTs. I would add two crushing or enhanced hammers for some classic anti-meta disruption.

Gabking5458

2016 MA TCG Senior Division Regional Champion!
Also, get rid of 2 yveltal BKTs. I would add two crushing or enhanced hammers for some classic anti-meta disruption.
Ehh kinda pointless. Seems inconsistent and Yveltal BKT is an amazing in matchups like Trevs, Mray, and even the mirror.

Higliphics

Competitive TCG Player
Think about Garbodor! I run it in my DarkTina deck and it can come in handy. If you are going against Mega decks, don't use it. If the deck relies heavily on abilities (Volcanion/Hoopa/Shaymin), get it out and watch the internal rage.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Pokemon: 12

3 Darkrai-EX
2 Giratina-EX
2 Shaymin-EX
1 Hoopa-EX
2 Yveltal XY
2 Yveltal BKT

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35

4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Ranger
1x Hex Maniac

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Max Elixir
3 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Switch
1 Escape Rope
1 Super Rod

2 Parallel City

Energy: 13

9 Darkness Energy
4 Double Dragon Energy
Nice list. But, why no Special Charge or Ninja Boy?

I too ran a similar version of this deck and tweaked it to the point where it was very similar to yours. IMO, you are now at a point where you may want to strongly consider the meta-game in your area to help determine if your current build is sufficient or would it perhaps perform better should you incorporate either the Garbodor or Hammer variant.... All 3 variations have their merits.

...My thinking is not to get my hopes up, that way if and when I do poorly, I won't be disappointed...
Solid advice. Also, I'd suggest you play-test a lot against Volcanion EX decks which seem to be a favorite among Junior players.

daniil123

Aspiring Trainer
another tech to think about depending on the meta is magearna ex. There are a ton of Yveltal/Mew and Mega Mewtwo Players in my area and Magearna helps stop damage change and Pitch Black Spear.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
another tech to think about depending on the meta is magearna ex. There are a ton of Yveltal/Mew and Mega Mewtwo Players in my area and Magearna helps stop damage change and Pitch Black Spear.
You've made my day by bringing to my attention Magerna EX's Ability can negate Mewtwo EX's Damage Change attack. Many thanks. However, I don't understand how Yveltal's Pitch Black Spear effect would be prevented since it would inflict damage onto an opponent's benched EX Pokémon.

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
Solid advice. Also, I'd suggest you play-test a lot against Volcanion EX decks which seem to be a favorite among Junior players.
Thanks, that's my biggest concern. I have a full playset of Weakness Policy, but I'm thinking of maybe adding in 1-2 Wally so I can try to get a 1st turn Garbotoxin. I think that if I were to get that, I would have a fighting chance.

daniil123

Aspiring Trainer
You've made my day by bringing to my attention Magerna EX's Ability can negate Mewtwo EX's Damage Change attack. Many thanks. However, I don't understand how Yveltal's Pitch Black Spear effect would be prevented since it would inflict damage onto an opponent's benched EX Pokémon.
Does Magerna not prevent the 60 damage snipe to your giratina ex on the bench? I though it did

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Does Magerna not prevent the 60 damage snipe to your giratina ex on the bench? I though it did
Magearana EX's Mystic Heart Ability states, "prevent all effects of your opponent's attacks, except damage..." So, I would think Yveltal's Pitch-Black Spear attack can still inflict damage onto an opponent's benched EX Pokémon despite Magearna EX's Ability.