dark/steel

J-chan lll

Sorry, I'm too insane to talk to you.
okay, I'm working on a dark/steel deck right now, and I need one more stage one dark type. right now I'm trying to decide between liepard and undaunted houndoom. (I already have undaunted umbreon in the deck. if you think the 2 pokemon I listed are stupid, feel free to tell me.

okay, here goes what I have planned.

energy: steel/metal:12
dark: 8

pokemon:
unleashed onix x3
Unleashed Steelix x2
undaunted eevee x2
Undaunted Umbreon x1
Undaunted beldum x4
Undaunted Metang x3
Undunted metagross x2/3 (not sure yet)
dark type basic x2
dark type stage 1 x1

trainers:
energy search x2
energy exchanger x2
pokedex x1
potion x2
energy switch x1
pokeball x3

and 9 supporters that are yet to be determined.
I'm also considering replaceing a couple of steel or dark energies with double colorless.

If it has 50+ cards, it needs to be posted in the Deck Garage Forum.

dmaster out.

Take out the Metagross line, it's a pretty bad card. Stage 2 with the same HP as Reshiram/Zekrom and a flippy attack that costs 4 energy: Uh, no.

Steelix Prime with Zoroark and a 1-1 Umbreon as a Magnezone/Yanmega counter. That should work.

U gotta play zoroark its jus to good not too. And i agree i would take out the metagross line.

julliant said:
Steelix Prime with Zoroark and a 1-1 Umbreon as a Magnezone/Yanmega counter. That should work.

Yanmega could just snipe your bench and because umbreon only does a measly 30, yanmega could KO some pokemon.

okay, no metagross line. I also don't know what 1-1 umbreon means, since I'm a living breathing fail.

J-chan lll said:
okay, no metagross line. I also don't know what 1-1 umbreon means, since I'm a living breathing fail.

1-1 umbreon is 1 eevee and 1 umbreon. Don't worry, I was confused when I first saw it too.

You seem to be just starting off, so I'll give you a few hints:

A. Never run more than x - x of any Stage 1. So for instance, it would be pointless to run 2 eevees and only 1 umbreon. Either 2-2 or 1-1 maximizes your potential.
B. Look at other decks in the deck garage for guidance. For instance, Energy Searches are almost never run, as are potions, exchangers, pokedexes, energy switches, etc. Running a solid Trainers and Supporters set is key in a good strategy. Something like 4 Pokemon Communications, 2 Pokemon Collectors, and 2-4 Proffessor Oak's New Theory is advised.
C. Is your Steelix Prime? If it isn't I would recommend it to be.
D. There are many good Dark/Steel combinations. If you are just trying to make a deck with what you have, then you should state so and then say what you have. If you are trying to aim more competitively, you should be prepared to spend quite a bit of money (up to $50) to get the cards you need.

Please PM me for help. I like teaching new people how to play competitively and to enjoy Pokemon TCG!

Aren't many steel type pokemon that immediately pair with any dark type pokemon. (Note: basing decks off of types isn't always a great idea) if anything the best {M} pokemon you can base your deck around is Scizor Prime in my opinion: it's a stage 1 which takes only 2 energy to do what it needs to do and in this format speed is still the deciding factor. Here's a little basic list

4-4 or 3-3 Scizor Prime
1/2 Cleffa HGSS/CL
1 Tyrogue HGSS/CL

Cleffa is just incase you suffer from bad hand syndrome and Tyrogue is just to take a quick prize off of any babys left in the active spot. All you need now are some techs. Right away you're going to want to add a 1-1 or even 2-2 Zoroark line as some form of defence against Reshiram as it can one-shot scizor which scizor just about 2HKOs Reshiram. Zoroark will allow you to copy Reshiram's Blue flare attack, and if you decide to run any plus power (which you should) then you can OHKO Reshiram.

Scizor doesn't have many partners in this format. it's either Klingklank/Blissey Prime or nothing. Straight Scizor prime with a few techs to balance out your much-ups might be a good idea, heck, you can even run it with Yanmega Prime to give you a bit of set-up time trying to put more energy onto Scizor prime. If that's the route you want to go down then

3-3 Scizor Prime
2-2 Yanmega Prime
1-1 Zoroark BW
1 Tyrgoue HGSS/CL
1 Cleffa HGSS/CL

This is essentialy your typical Donphan Prime/Yanmega Prime line-up up except i've replaces Donphan with Scizor. Quite frankly Donphan does a better job of tanking than Scizor but this is just one of the speedier ways to run Scizor IMO.

Back