• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Dark Propagation: Weavile/Exeggcute deck

ChandeTelle130

Aspiring Trainer
Well hello! So, when I first saw the Plasma Freeze scans and I realized that Exeggcute was one of the secret rares, I was like really confused, so I started searching for it and then I found this deck: Weavile/Exeggcute. I fell immediately for it! It's just so underground and overwhelming, I think it has a lot of potential, so my list is this:

Pokemon: 15
3 Weavile (PLF)
3 Sneasel (NXD)
4 Exeggcute
3 Deoxys EX
2 Tornadus EX (PLF)

Trainers:
Items: 23
4 Level Ball
3 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Ultra Ball
3 Colress Machine
3 Dark Claw
1 Computer Search

Supporters: 12
3 N
4 P. Juniper
1 Ghetsis
2 Skyla

Energy: 10
4 Plasma Energy
3 Blend G/D/F/P
3 Dark Energy

So, the basic strategy is to setup a Weavile for T2 (or T3, not more than that), and get the Exeggcutes quickly through Level Ball. Use Deoxys EX and HTL/Dark Claw to boost up Vilify. So, thoughts? Advices? Do you think it's worth to try it? Thanks!

Take out the Tornadus EX. It doesn't really help. Also, take out the Colress Machine and Plasma energy, because either way you'll get a T2 attack. First turn you attach a Dark energy to Sneasel, then Colress machine, but you can't evolve into Weavile. So it's basically the same as attaching a dark energy each turn. You don't need the Blend, either. Also, do you know about the new Team Plasma's Poke Ball? You could add that in too. I'd do this:
-2 Tornadus EX
-3 Colress Machine
-4 Plasma Energy
-3 Blend
-3 Ultra Ball

+7 Dark
+1 Sneasel
+1 Weavile
+1 Hypnotoxic Laser
+2 Virbank City Gym
+1 Colress
+1 Deoxys EX
1 space left for techs/whatsoever

Hope that helped!:D

Plasma and Corless machine is to help Deoxys in case he's active. You can't even use corless machine on sneasel as it's not team plasma. Also blend is needed again for Deoxys.

Plasma Energy/Colress Machine can power up a Weavile in one turn after it evolves, making it key for this deck. I like that idea, because you can essentially Skyla for energy acceleration. I agree; I would take out the Tornadus, and also get rid of the Dark Claw. Add more consistency cards like another Skyla, Cheren, Bianca, or that last N. I also like throwing in an Energy Search so you can Skyla for that and then a Darkness Energy. Considering you only run three Darkness Energy, that's kind of an issue. I would drop the Blend to two and Darkness to four. Cobalion-EX would discard your Blends like it's nobody's business.

^I think Cobalion EX would just run through all the Weaviles with Steel Bullet while Shift Gear/Max Potioning instead of wasting time using Righteous Edge in the first two turns when it could be Beaching.

Plasma/Colress Machine help Weavile a lot. I would agree that Tonadus isn't needed and Darkrai (only 1) is much better so you can get free retreat. Drop 1 or 2 Blends for more Darkness. Virbank is really nice because you can hit 170 without Deoxys as long as you have Virbank/lasers and Dark Claw. A super rod would be nice too (to get the Weavile back). I would also say that 3 Plasma Energy is enough.

-2 Tonadus EX
-2 Blends GRPD
-1 Plasma

+2 Darkness
+1 Darkrai
+1 Skyla
+1 N

It would be nice to fit a Sableye (or 2 preferably 3 if you have the space), 2 Virbank, and the last Ultra Ball and HTL.

Wait, this is confusing so I will answer all of you in on post, so:
Awesomeguy76, well they already told you what I was going to tell you lol
Serperior: I agree with what you said, but I was thinking about not running Virbank because a lot of deck in my town are running them, so I could fit in other things too. Also, I think the Dark Claw is here because of this: 4 Exeggcute + Dark Claw + HTL + 2/3 Deoxys is a KO to any EX, but I don't really know about it, do you think I should keep it? I also agree that I should put more Supporters but I just don't know which :/ The Energy Search I personally think is good, but I think it would take a lot of space, except if what you're saying is to run 1/2. I also have to agree with the Energy dropping. Thanks a lot for the feedback!
grantm1999: I can only agree with it, actually, in my last list, I was running Large Cloak because of that, but my metagame here doesn't have many KK, and the only ones are in the Masters Division, I'm a Senior :p
Flygon2071: I think so too! I really think I will try that! Thanks a lot!

Imo it comes down to dark claw/ or virbank. If your area runs a lot of virbak already then you can just use theirs and have your dark claw work for u. If your area don't then virbank is needed more then dark claw. Of course having both would be great. But I don't think this deck has the room for it.

At least 1 darkrai I think is needed for that free retreat. Cobalion kills this deck though with righteous edge. But then again this deck already would have a up heel battle with kinklang.

My own take on this deck.

16 Pokemon

3 Sneasel(ND)
3 Weavile(PF)
4 Exeggcute(PF)
3 Deoxys EX
1 Darkrai EX
2 Sableye

32 Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
4 Level Ball
3 Laser
4 Catcher
3 Ultra Ball
3 Colress Machine
2 Dark Claw
1 Computer Search
4 N
4 Junpier
3 Skyla
1 Super Rod

12-Energies

4 Plasma
3 Blend (g/f/p/d)
5 Darkness

I really want to find room for tool scrapper/dark patch

I don't like the idea of relying on another person's deck. That's just unreliable and inconsistent. I get why you have three HTL in there, but this deck would work better if you're first to the punch when you can grab consistency cards to set up your strategy first. You're playing Weavile. You can lose six of them. That's a benefit right there. But with that said, you need Super Rod, so you can get those back when they're KO'd. You'll need two. Maybe take the Tornadus-EX for those? Don't rely too heavily on the Claw. That's why we have three Deoxys-EX in here for. Discard four Eggs, (120) then add 10 for whatever amount of Deoxys on the Bench. That's 140-150 right there. So with Claw, that's an OHKO. I say get rid of one HTL and keep the Claw.

-2 Tornadus-EX
-1 HTL
-1 Ghetsis (an inconsistent card altogether)
+2 Super Rod
+1 Skyla
+1 Darkness Energy

Why no Keldeo EX or any Water Types to get around this decks' biggest weakness being Landorus EX? The majority of this deck is weak to Fighting so I would at least considering some Type coverage in this deck If there's room for it.

Card Slinger J said:
Why no Keldeo EX or any Water Types to get around this decks' biggest weakness being Landorus EX? The majority of this deck is weak to Fighting so I would at least considering some Type coverage in this deck If there's room for it.

Weavile is most likely going to get ohko anyway. So it wouldn't matter.

Back