News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

Blue21642

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, Imma be honest. THIS CARD LOOKS GOD AWFUL. I don't think that 10 more damage (to GX's only) than Koko promo deserves the be 3 basic energy, AND a GX attack. I get that you can do 180 to a single Pokémon, but point still stands. The first attack is basically sylveon, and the second attack has the massive drawback of not being able to use it twice in a row. The card itself looks gorgeous, but this will not see play (except for maybe a disruption-style rogue deck).

Antonio123456

Aspiring Trainer
I'm going to make an expanded Zoroark Hoopa dark patch deck just for fun. The typing is much worse than Lapras but the first attack is better, and Darkrai is a better bench sitter than Manaphy.

gema5

Aspiring Trainer
This collection is bringing us some dark support, and only then, Tyranitar GX will get to the top position.

MrMimik

Aspiring Trainer
This is a terrific card.

Despite being a Stage 2, it can still abuse Rare Candy and it has 250 HP.
Still easily one-shot by Lycanroc-GX and Buzzwole, though. Fighting is still pretty overpowered because all Darkness cards are weak to is Fighting.

The Ability is all kinds of great. Yes that’s 30 less HP for you and makes Incinerorar easier to 2-shot, but it’s a fully charged Stage 2 Pokémon by Turn 2. It also helps with deck-thinning, removing 3 Energy from your deck using each Incineroar you put up prevents dead draws of nothing but Energy (you’ll need a lot of it). The Ability is honestly the best part of the card, 30 HP is nothing compared to all the positives it gives you.

Crush Punch is good enough. 130 is a 2HKO, and discarding Special Energy is great considering how many decks rely on DCE or Beast Energy. If were any higher in damage, the Enhanced Hammer effect would just be broken in conjunction with, say, 160 damage (which I’m sure everyone complaining is thinking). A OHKO on Basic GXs while discarding Specials from a Stage 1s and Stage 2s is just too much to ask for.

GX attack is good, works in conjunction with the Ability and has the same sort of threat that Mad Bull GX has (though on a much larger scale). Punishes an opponent that can’t finish off an Incineroar.

All this card needs is a Stage 1 GX or a Basic GX/non-GX that can deal 2HKO or even OHKO damage or at least provide set-up support. And, that card can’t be weak to Fighting.
Thanks to it’s own Energy-accelerating Ability, it doesn’t need DCE or Energy-seeking Items. In fact, it could probably run Max Potion and Energy Recycler very well, granting Incineroars additional immunity to 2HKOs.

I don’t think Incineroar is as good as Tyranitar-GX, but it’s pretty close.

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
Bit disruptive, especially in a format without special energy recovery and without float stone. Doesn't really hit hard enough though

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
No one notice the free retreat? This could be used as a handy tech in Incineroar or Hoopa decks as a pivot, much like Koko, but this one disrupts. Seems pretty good if you ask me.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
No one notice the free retreat? This could be used as a handy tech in Incineroar or Hoopa decks as a pivot, much like Koko, but this one disrupts. Seems pretty good if you ask me.
No, I didn't, that greatly improves the card, thanks for pointing that out!

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
yea, this looks like a great pivot for darkness decks, and can get rid of pesky energies (like beast energy) if you can't secure the KO.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Yveltal has a really strong, consistent series of tcg artwork. Way to go Pokémon's Morrigan raven!

EDIT: Actually just revisiting Yveltal's Bulbapedia Origin page, it has one of the most brilliant, layered backgrounds I've ever come across.