News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Discard Darkrai-GX.
Activate ability.
Attach Energy.​

Play Nanu.
Replace Darkrai-GX with your attacker.​

Seems like a solid addition to the dark archetype; especially in Expanded with Darkrai.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
He probably means one that isnt trash

As Rooie said.

Sightseer is actually good.
Draw to 5 is solid; not great, but definitely usable.
Optional discard is what makes it staple material.

You can throw away specific cards, without having the collateral damage of Sycamore.
Together with Acro Bike, I think it's a great choice for digging through your deck.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
He probably means one that isnt trash

I mean, it's a great card, but people are calling it the new Sycamore and I just don't see it. It's gives you some solid control, but in terms of draw power unless you want to toss specific things into the discard I don't see it being a four of staple.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
I mean, it's a great card, but people are calling it the new Sycamore and I just don't see it. It's gives you some solid control, but in terms of draw power unless you want to toss specific things into the discard I don't see it being a four of staple.

Definitely don't need a playset, but I can see 2 copies in decks that want discard~

I think the purpose of the newer supporters is to cut-down on raw draw power.
If that's the case, we will see less discard support overall; making Sightseer a more viable choice.

Ashblaze

Full Art Supporter Hunter
YAY NANU FULL ART AND ELM FULL ART, currently that will make 6 full arts for lost thunder along with kahili, judge, morty, and mina, Can’t wait to get them all, and yet.... still waiting for full art lady

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
As Rooie said.

Sightseer is actually good.
Draw to 5 is solid; not great, but definitely usable.
Optional discard is what makes it staple material.

You can throw away specific cards, without having the collateral damage of Sycamore.
Together with Acro Bike, I think it's a great choice for digging through your deck.
If your being picky about your discards your immediately drawing less or the same as sophocles that's why it's bad

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar

Sightseer is not a new Sycamore but the closest thing we have to it at the moment. I do not see it as a stable four off card but I see it as a solid and stable three off card in most decks. In SM-on hand sizes are often low and Sightseer is much better than Sophocles for that reason and having a non-shuffle draw supporter in decks is always a good thing. Not really sold on Professor Elm's Lecture at the moment. It seems it is intended to assist stage two deck mainly in addition to Zoroark.

Depending on the Darkness tyoe attackers we receive in Dark order the Nanu supporter could be rather decent with Darkrai GX.

ShinyZard

Aspiring Trainer
Nice to see some kind of replacement for Bridgette with Professor Elm's Lecture. Although we're only able to get pokemon with 60hp or less, I think Bridgette was initially meant to do the same thing and TCPi did not expect to make high HP basic GX when they were creating Bridgette. This is the Bridgette errata everyone was hoping for.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
If your being picky about your discards your immediately drawing less or the same as sophocles that's why it's bad

The problem is, often times you want a draw supporter when your hand is bad.
If you have 0-1 cards in hand, Sophocles is not playable, and at two cards, is just an objectively worse option.
This alone, makes me favor Sightseer.

But, that doesn't mean there aren't a list of other scenarios in which Sightseer is better...
and that's what makes it staple-worthy.
It gives you options.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
The problem is, often times you want a draw supporter when your hand is bad.
If you have 0-1 cards in hand, Sophocles is not playable, and at two cards, is just an objectively worse option.
This alone, makes me favor Sightseer.

But, that doesn't mean there aren't a list of other scenarios in which Sightseer is better...
and that's what makes it staple-worthy.
It gives you options.
And in that situation if sightseer is tate and lizza you get the same amount of cards

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
And in that situation if sightseer is tate and lizza you get the same amount of cards
In that situation, yes.
In all other situations, Sightseer is better for card draw... and if that's what the deck needs, I'd rather run 2 Sightseer than 1 Sophocles, and 1 Twins.

Especially under the original context, of wanting a discard supporter.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Glad to see were getting Professor Elm to replace Bridgette, now we just need a way to replace special charge in standard going forward after rotation.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
I'm REALLY glad they abandoned the Island Kahunas only carrying about GXes with Nanu. They're also having a tricky and deceptive playstyle of the card for Dark types. If anything you can replace your Tapu Lele GX for a Zorua which will not offer as many prizes.

Birch is as mentioned nice for the stage two decks that really need a way to get going similar to Bridgette but not as GX grabbing or bigger basics.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
It's times like this that I wish Marshadow-SLG had 60 HP instead of 70 - Elm set up + Let Loose would be such a nutty combo

Anyways, it's obviously good for Zoroark going forward and Malamar may enjoy having an out to guarantee triple Inkay on Turn 1, but I think the biggest winner here is Gardevoir. Getting Ralts, Eevee, and/or Alolan Vulpix (depending on your build) really makes this card feel like the new Brigette, in a way that few other next-format decks could pull off