• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

DARK DRAGONS: Darkrai / Deoxys

GrimmReaper9001

Goomist
DARK DRAGONS

Pokémon
  • 1 Zekrom ND 50/99
  • 1 Cresselia EX BC 143/149
  • 1 Deoxys EX PF 53/116
  • 1 Mew EX LT RC24/RC25
  • 1 Giratina BW74
  • 1 Pawniard PF 71/116
  • 1 Pawniard PF 72/116
  • 1 Bisharp PF 73/116
  • 1 Bisharp PF 74/116
  • 1 Darkrai EX BW46
  • 1 Darkrai BW73
  • 1 Deino DRX 93/124
  • 1 Deino LT 97/113
  • 1 Zweilous LT 98/113
  • 1 Hydreigon DRX 97/124
  • 1 Druddigon DV 17/20
  • 1 Druddigon PS 94/135
  • 1 Rayquaza LT 93/113
  • 2 Snubbul KD 22/39
  • 1 Granbull KD 23/39
Trainers
  • 1 Rare Candy DE 100/108
  • 1 Town Map BC 136/149
  • 1 Colress Machine PS 119/135
  • 1 Eviolite PF 122/135
  • 2 Hypnotoxic Laser PS 123/135
  • 1 Team Plasma Ball PF 105/116
  • 1 Pokémon Catcher PB 83/101
  • 1 Rocky Helmet BC 153/149
  • 1 Battle City BW39
  • 1 Gold Potion BC 140/149

Energy
  • 3 Fire Energy
  • 2 Water Energy
  • 3 Lightning Energy
  • 4 Psychic Energy
  • 5 Darkness Energy
  • 3 Fairy Energy
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
  • 2 Prism Energy
  • 1 Blend Energy P/G/R/D
  • 1 Blend Energy F/S/W/L
  • 1 Plasma Energy

This is the deck I primarily use. I mostly use this IRL, but I've gotten most of it onto the TCGO. The only changes are I can't use the Plasma Darkrai (which I replaced with another Darkrai EX) and I haven't been able to get a Gold Potion, although I've been trying to trade for one. Instead of Gold Potion I use Rock Guard. I'm open to critism... unless it's negative...

bw46-darkrai-ex.jpg

Notes:
DE- stands for Dark Explorers
DraE- stand for Dragons Exalted
KD- stands for cards from the Kalos Decks.

Edited to coincide with the standards set in the rules! :D ~Kecleon

RE: DARK DRAGONS: Darkrai/Deoxys

Holy Crap, so many cards in my face. 21 Pokemon, 27 Energy, and 11 Trainers, which is a Grand Total of 59 cards, which means that you have room for 2 more. Anyways, this Whole thing looks weird, so I want to clean it up a bit, after changes. First off, you run no Supporters at all, which means little to no consistency. I suggest a 4-4 N and Professor Juniper as a base. Other supporters can range from Cheren, which is a Draw Three supporter to Bianca, which allows you to draw until you have six in your hand. Also, your pokemon are a big too inconsistent. You run 3 evolution lines, which isn't that bad, but you also run 6 different energy types which is pretty bad in my opinion. I would cut that down to one or two. Here is a list that I came up with, that is based on the Dark Dragons Name that you wanted.
(Note: Considering that some cards are just alternate art, or reprints, I put them into one category to make the list shorter.)

Pokemon 16
  • 2 Darkrai EX
  • 4 Deino (DRX 93)
  • 1 Zweilious (LT 98)
  • 4 Hydreigon (DRX 97)
  • 3 Deoxys EX
  • 2 Mew EX
  • 2 Sableye (DEX 62)

Trainers 30
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Cheren
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Team Plasma Ball
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 4 Team Plasma Badge
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 3 Max Potion

Energy 14
  • 10 Dark Energy
  • 4 Blend Energy (GFPD)

Explanation

Now I know that you want to keep the Hydreigon, so I made that the main focus of your deck. I cut a lot of pokemon from your deck, just because I didn't see why they were useful, or you didn't explain why they were there. I added Sableye (DEX 62) because it is a staple in Darkrai decks, as it can be used to regain two items from discard for 1 energy. I also kept Deoxys, because it was in the title as well. However, to use Deoxys, you need to add Plasma Badge to your deck. Dark Patch is used to get those dark energy back onto your bench Darkrai, or Hydreigon. Finally, because of Dark Trance, and moving around energy, you can fully use Max potion to heal all, and discard no energy.
Other Cards I would suggest include:
Energy Search
Computer Search/Dowsing Machine
Crushing/Enhanced Hammer
Hypnotoxic Laser/Virbank City Gym
Super Rod
Tool Scrapper
P.S. This is just my idea of a list. You can critique it anyway you want to.

Pookapotamus said:
Holy Crap, so many cards in my face. 21 Pokemon, 27 Energy, and 11 Trainers, which is a Grand Total of 59 cards, which means that you have room for 2 more. Anyways, this Whole thing looks weird, so I want to clean it up a bit, after changes. First off, you run no Supporters at all, which means little to no consistency. I suggest a 4-4 N and Professor Juniper as a base. Other supporters can range from Cheren, which is a Draw Three supporter to Bianca, which allows you to draw until you have six in your hand. Also, your pokemon are a big too inconsistent. You run 3 evolution lines, which isn't that bad, but you also run 6 different energy types which is pretty bad in my opinion. I would cut that down to one or two. Here is a list that I came up with, that is based on the Dark Dragons Name that you wanted.
(Note: Considering that some cards are just alternate art, or reprints, I put them into one category to make the list shorter.)

Pokemon 16
  • 2 Darkrai EX
  • 4 Deino (DRX 93)
  • 1 Zweilious (LT 98)
  • 4 Hydreigon (DRX 97)
  • 3 Deoxys EX
  • 2 Mew EX
  • 2 Sableye (DEX 62)

Trainers 30
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 2 Cheren
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Team Plasma Ball
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 4 Team Plasma Badge
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 3 Max Potion

Energy 14
  • 10 Dark Energy
  • 4 Blend Energy (GFPD)

Explanation

Now I know that you want to keep the Hydreigon, so I made that the main focus of your deck. I cut a lot of pokemon from your deck, just because I didn't see why they were useful, or you didn't explain why they were there. I added Sableye (DEX 62) because it is a staple in Darkrai decks, as it can be used to regain two items from discard for 1 energy. I also kept Deoxys, because it was in the title as well. However, to use Deoxys, you need to add Plasma Badge to your deck. Dark Patch is used to get those dark energy back onto your bench Darkrai, or Hydreigon. Finally, because of Dark Trance, and moving around energy, you can fully use Max potion to heal all, and discard no energy.
Other Cards I would suggest include:
Energy Search
Computer Search/Dowsing Machine
Crushing/Enhanced Hammer
Hypnotoxic Laser/Virbank City Gym
Super Rod
Tool Scrapper
P.S. This is just my idea of a list. You can critique it anyway you want to.

Well, sorry about the 59. When I was counting my cards 2 Darkness Energy stuck together, so it's supposed to be 5 Darkness (the sleeves that they're in stick together a lot), so I fixed that. And the fact that there are so many different Energies, Prisms, and Blends works good with the Mew. I used it in a battle once and with the Prisms and the Blends I was able to get out Terrakion EX moves from the opponent and most of his cards were Fighting so that Psychic Weakness worked pretty damn well. And I like your idea, so I'm gonna try to recreate it to the best of my ability in the TCGO to playtest it. The Battle City is good to get out extra cards, and the Outrage on the Zekrom is pretty good, and if you need more damage on him Bolt Strike does 40 to himself. Cresselia heals itself in between turns, and Giratina can discard cards from the opponent's hand. Town Map can show you what your Prize Cards, and with Colress Machine can get out an extra Energy. Plus Hypnotoxic Laser is good to get out that extra bit of damage, and if you don't like the Defending Pokémon, Catcher can change that.

Also, incase you haven't yet seen the Granbull. its 2nd attack is pretty good:

[Fairy][Colorless][Colorless] Double Stomp 50+
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 damage for each heads.

So with that Granbull, you can get out a max of 90 damage.

I did look at the Granbull while looking at this list, and my recommendation is to wait until more Fairy types come out, In case there are some that are more powerful, because right now, Fairy types aren't Super-Effective against any Pre-XY cards.

Back