• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Dark Bolt (Minum, Plusle, Bisharp, Darkrai)

rowsdower24

I'mma blow up...
Here is a fun deck that I made and ran a few times at League, I thought you guys might enjoy it. I can tell you this is a blast to play.

3 Minum
1 Plusle
2 Darkrai EX
3-3 Bisharp (NV)
1-1 Mandibuzz (BW)
1 Mewtwo EX

Prism Energy x4
Dark Energy x5
Sp Dark Energy x3

PONT x3
Juniper x2
N x2
Cheren x2
Dark Patch x4
Dark Claw x3
Junk Arm x4
Level Ball x4
Dual Ball x4
Catcher x3
Super Rod x1

The idea is to get out a Minum and Turn 1 use Electrishower to lay down the damage on all the opponent's Pokemon. (He's a mini Tyranitar!) Then on Turn 2 get set up Bisharp with an Energy to use Finishing Blow for 70, or 90 with Dark Claw, even 100 if it the energy is a Sp. Dark. You can also snipe with Mandibuzz (take down those pesky Celebi!) and use him for his fighting resistance. It is incredibly energy efficient so while you are attacking, you can power up Darkrai EX for his attack and also continue sniping the bench. The great thing in this deck is the Plusle in there with Minum to use Tag Draw to shuffle draw for an 8 card hand, in case of a slow start.

RE: Dark Bolt

Thicken your Mandibuzz line to 2-2. No reason just to run 1 of each.

I agree. 1-1 mandibuzz will never survive. I'd focus more on the sniping actually. I don't think bisharp would really be that great since it can't OHKO anything. Groudon EX is a lot better, even though it doesn't use dark energy and is worth 2 prize cards.

Of course Groudon is better, but he cant attack turn 1 without some serious help, also you are using an EX which is 2 prizes instead of 1. Using Minum allows you to tag draw for 8 cards for Plusle. The deck relies on quick strikes and getting 70-100 damage on turn 2 for a single energy and a tool card. As for the Mandibuzz line, he was actually cut from 2-2.

Bisharp can't attack T1 either. Well, 1-1 is just a waste of space IMO and is really incinsistent since it will be hard to get out and after it gets KOd it will be very hard to set it back up again.

Try
-2 cheren (not good at all)
+2 juniper (you have to discard)

That will help a lot.

Yeah, I think Mandibuzz is somewhat a waste of space if you're going a 1-1. Might as well just run Zapdos or something like that. It has the fighting resistance, has higher HP, can use Prism, gives you a little more type coverage, and also snipes for 50. If you do thou you might add DCE (which mewtwo also appreciates).

@Jirachi: LOL, why would Bisharp attack turn 1? Read how the deck works, you lay down the 10 damage to all the opponent's Pokemon, then retreat to Bisharp to use Finishing Blow for 70-100 damage. At 90 HP, Tornadus or Thunderus can't OHKO Bisharp without a Pluspower and Mewtwo's X Ball would need 5 energy to KO Bisharp. Extremely cheap, efficient ko's relying on speed. This why I chose Minum, you are doing almost the same damage for an energy less, meaning you can do it in 1 turn.

@Mikoko: I never thought about Zapdos, but it makes sense, but it is not Level Ball searchable, and its attack is much more expensive, but it is a trade off for it being a basic. Thanks for the help.

rowsdower24 said:
@Jirachi: LOL, why would Bisharp attack turn 1? Read how the deck works, you lay down the 10 damage to all the opponent's Pokemon, then retreat to Bisharp to use Finishing Blow for 70-100 damage. At 90 HP, Tornadus or Thunderus can't OHKO Bisharp without a Pluspower and Mewtwo's X Ball would need 5 energy to KO Bisharp. Extremely cheap, efficient ko's relying on speed. This why I chose Minum, you are doing almost the same damage for an energy less, meaning you can do it in 1 turn.

it's not the minum that's the problem, it's the bisharp

groudon's giant claw is better than bisharp's finishing blow

There is no doubt that Groudon's attack is better, and I really like Groudon, but you are talking about 2 more energy required, and an extra damage counter needed for full damage. That dramatically takes the speed out of the deck, but gives you more raw power for sure.

Well, bisharp also takes up more space in the deck, has less Hp, and is a stage 1 so I think groudon may be better. It's pros outweigh its cons. And I was saying to use groudon more for its second attack. I thought you were saying that groudon is bad since it can't attack T1, so I said bisharp cant attack T1 either. that's what minun is for. It spreads T1 so groudon can attack.

Yeah, but groudon still cant attack T2 if you use Minun T1. It needs 2 energies for its first attack.

Well, then you can continue spreading in that situation so it might be easier to KO once you start attacking with groudon. Maybe 1 or 2 groudon would be nice. Maybe take out mandibuzz or Something else?

I guess you could add it in for Mandibuzz, but I think you would need to find room to add Fighting energy because 4 prism aren't going to be enough.

While I think Groudon EX is very strong, he doesn't really add anything to the deck out than being an Energy hog,

Yeah, he doesn't really do much, and he takes pretty long to set up compared to the other things you have. The added HP is nice, but in the end you're going to have to add other things (like fighting energy) which really holds it back. Bisharp can also do just as much damage as Groudon when its using a dark claw.

Groudon can also help as an attacker against dark and electric type decks, which may be pretty useful. I'd say maybe one?

But if you even add one, then you're still going to have to add fightings or rainbows to support him Because he will be using 2 out of your 3 remaining prisms (assuming you attach one to Minun)

Also, this isn't meant to be a Tier 1 deck, this is just a fun idea I had and built for league. The only reason I posted it here is because it is a bit different idea and is really fun to play. Not to mention it actually won a few games.

Please include the names of the main Pokemon in your deck in the title of the thread.

A few questions-

1. What do you think of taking mandibuzz out completely? I understand he's there for a little bit of fighting resistance, but what would you think about saying "screw it" and just run a fat line of bisharp?

2. I'm a little worried about the prism to minum ratio. Have you had any trouble getting prisms to start your minums? It just seems to me that with only 3 minum and 4 prisms you may have a hard time getting the electroshower rolling on T1. If it's not a problem, then I wouldn't worry about it, but I think you could afford to swap a basic dark to a lightning just to help.

3. Speaking of not getting electroshower on T1, what's your strategy if you don't get the T1 shower? Just start hitting with whatever is up and hope to set up a minum?

4. What would be your strategy against a Terrakion with an eviolite?

I'm all about speed decks and getting the job done quick. I'm just worried about missing that T1 shower and going up against fighting (namely Groudon and Terrakion) or anything with eviolite on it. But, I love the idea, I love that it's different, and I love the new minum card because he just looks like a boss.

Back