D/P Cards

Abhorsen

Offically retired
m0nster1nc said:
Due to the new scans of the DP cards, why on earth is Drapion/Scorpi (Dark/Poison and Bug/Poison respectively) Phychic types?
Ghost/Bug/Poison types have always been branded in the TCG as psychic. Gengar, Shedinja, Sableye, etc are not Psychic types but have been branded as them in the TCG to save them creating new types.

Arcanine 274

=/
Abhorsen said:
m0nster1nc said:
Due to the new scans of the DP cards, why on earth is Drapion/Scorpi (Dark/Poison and Bug/Poison respectively) Phychic types?
Ghost/Bug/Poison types have always been branded in the TCG as psychic. Gengar, Shedinja, Sableye, etc are not Psychic types but have been branded as them in the TCG to save them creating new types.
I am thinking I am understanding you correctly? Usually Bug/Poison is usually Grass in the TCG, and Ghost is usually Psychic.??

But you also might've meant that Ghost/Bug or Ghost/Poison are usually Psychic, which in that case you are correct becasue of the Ghost part.??
That is probably what you meant, but I just wanted to make sure and correct you in the other way just because your reply could be interpreted either way, like I interpreted it the first way when I first read your reply.

Arcanine out.

uchihasasuke

Uchiha Sasuke
Lol, seem to be many changes there. We have to learn to accept changes in life, whether good or bad things changes from time to time. Hopefully D/P tcg will be really good when it comes out next year or later this year. The power of the cards have greatly increased, higher hp (Naetle final 140, Pocchama final 130) and higher attack for less energy. I think that energy requirement system will change tremendously too. I think there will be less colorless in energy costs than in ex series because Hikozaru's final uses 2 fire 90 + some effect and Naetle's final lv-X does 100 + some effect for 3 grass 1 colorless. And the cards will also have great differences in the way that some pokemon has high attack and some high HP (Hikozaru final compared to Naetle final). Seems cool, however the bad thing is the old cards will become useless once D/P is released. Sigh... where am i gonna put those old cards now... So sad...

astral_boy

Crusty Old PokeBeacher
I think the changes are all good. The old cards were getting messy and "out of hand" if you can understand what I mean. It's good they've revised the whole game, the double-damage for weakness made it too easy to win...

Don't be worried about HP rises, because they'll raise the damage and stuff to keep it scaled. And the pokedex information is back!! Yay! When they took that away it took the fun and interest out of collecting the cards. Not everyone is obsessed with winning championships and being the best.

Action

Behold the most powerfull pokemon ever!
I really think the new system will work, and it will be fun, 2 things i am really looking forward from this set is the Basic Metal/Dark energies, and the Lv X system that sounds like so much fun ^^; The new Pokes look great and powerful, EX quality w/o the EX penalties.Think of the posibilities when you could still "Evolve" a 2 stage, or should i say lvl up. The new weakness and resistance is great, makes it more true to the gameboy game making pokies that are 4x weak like gyarados more powerful, but with a draw back, horrible weakness to lightning. Well we wont know until it comes out anyway.

You may all stand now... ^^

(TYranitarFReak)

need politoed ex! juz 1 more~~
the increasement of the HP isnt a big deal actually.

do u remember those days where stage 2 having 70/80/90 HP ? by each generation, pokemons get better and stronger!

Andyman

Pokemon Amethyst Spriter
Blitz said:
Some things i noticed, it seems that 120 HP is not the highest level for non-ex pok'emon (don't know if EX's still exist in this gen) as Neatle's final form has 140HP, and Enperuto has 130HP.

I'm not sure if any body has told you this already, but a lot of Pokemon have surpassed 120 HP. Salamence ex, Flygon ex, and Dustox ex etc. I also seem to be reading posts that say stuff about to much HP. If you think about it attacks are doing more damage and HP is getting higher. Now cards that are exceptional are Wailmer with 80 HP.

Anyways the link was a great help besides the fact that it doesn't work. Though I am most thankful for the Energieless attacks.

Blitz

Garchomp FTW!
I did right non-ex, it even says so in the quote you posted. The link did work, don't know anymore...

Anyway the game looks better and better, the only problem is deciding which cards to use.

Dorpion is Psychic because I think they wanted to match the colour on the card with the pokemon. Can't think of any other reason.

Mind Reader

Aspiring Trainer
I think Dorapion/Scorpi is Psychic because of some mistake. Or just because an idiot that works for Pokémon mixed up the types XD

astral_boy

Crusty Old PokeBeacher
Yep... fossil rewards, basic dark/metal energies... I really can't wait. >_< It will be so much better without Exs, because it will mean decks won't be built around Ex cards, and strong cards will be more common.

The only worrying thing is the art for the cards... they're all using the official pictures! Ew! Oh well, I guess they have to use them up somewhere otherwise no one would know what they're supposed to look like.

Typhlosion King

&quot;he hates you, but you're his amigo.&quot;
Some people on this thread are saying that all the cards that we have now won't be playable once the new set is released. I really doubt it. This set will be big, but the cards from this set won't destroy everything else.

And the monkey isn't that big, fire chimp=Latias ex d, both do 90 by t2

InfiniteMasterEx

The Rare Unlimited Strategist
Fossils counting as Knocked Out pokemon? Noooooo.... They're making the game more speed oriented rather than strategic D=

On a side note, does anyone know how this will affect the current TCG? Will it be a new game entirely or we can still use the cards we use today?

Also, with the concept of leveling up, anyone seeing the rise of old flavor-texted cards with levels on them again? :X

astral_boy

Crusty Old PokeBeacher
Typhlosion King said:
Some people on this thread are saying that all the cards that we have now won't be playable once the new set is released. I really doubt it. This set will be big, but the cards from this set won't destroy everything else.

But perhaps the new format will render the old cards unplayable. Like with the leveling system... it could become a completely seperate game, and the old cards won't conform with the new ones. ie you won't be able to mix current cards with new D/P ones coz it'll screw things up.

That's what I think most people are trying to say anyway. :/

(TYranitarFReak)

no way! there's no way all sets except DP is gonna be rotated! how can u make a deck with only..... 1 set, or 2 set???

and im starting to worry abt holon engine, the new rule states that each player draws a card every turn! holon engine already made me (eggsachu) almost decked out (in current rule), what'll happen if we draw cards every turn?

Blitz

Garchomp FTW!
Maybe not this rotation, but the one after it will PROBABLY be D/P-on so that they can keep the new functions together. Anyway thats what I think will be happening.

Also does anyone know if Pok'emon Lv X evolve from the same card. Eg Naetoru to Hashigame to Dotaitos to Dotaitos LvX. That is what the diagram looked like on the japanese site.

(TYranitarFReak)

Blitz said:
Maybe not this rotation, but the one after it will PROBABLY be D/P-on so that they can keep the new functions together. Anyway thats what I think will be happening.

Also does anyone know if Pok'emon Lv X evolve from the same card. Eg Naetoru to Hashigame to Dotaitos to Dotaitos LvX. That is what the diagram looked like on the japanese site.

let pray that we wont have to evolve 3 times (?) to get lv X pokemon running...