Cyrus's Conspiracy from Platinum (#105) [11/10]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
105-cyrus%27s-conspiracy.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks is it used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

1. This is great combo card in that it can chain itself to be used in successive turns and repetitively use its effect.
2.Its a great staple in all sp decks in that you can grab energy gain :)
3.Well it combos well with itself.
4. I give it a 4/5 for its great use but you can only use one per turn :(
5.1/5 not my personal favorite for art.
First!

1. It's good because it can search for energys and supporters, but if you don't play SP, the SP trainer search is useless
2. Anything SP. Can also be used in Jumpluff or Gyarados (because of Luxray X)
3. Combo's with anything SP because it searchs for TGI cards.
4. 4/5. If the trainer it could search for didn't have to be TGI, it would be 5. As far as I know it's the only Supporter that searches for energy.
5. 3/5 Regular Sugimori art. Cool background though.

Staple for SP decks. Searches itself. Doesn't need other support. Whee~

I think SPs, but I'm not sure.

There's this one combo where I grab an energy and an energy gain and pretty much attach 2 energy a turn! =D I can also get an energy and an SP radar and get out an SP by putting back the energy!

5/5 Nothing wrong with it. It's one of those cards that makes decks work.

Artwork is cool. I like the grey.

~L_X_F

Great card...
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
Great on its own. Definitely not a waste of your turn-ly supporter. Can make good chains of itself.
Anything SP. LuxChomp, BlazChomp, PG-13 to name a few.
Itself in a chain. Find a pketurn, energy, and another Cyrus' Conspiracy.
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
4/5. Not good unless used correctly.
5. How's the artwork?
Cool. Makes Cyrus actually look as evil as he really is.

1. This card does not stand well in every deck. You need to have TGI and pokemon sp.
2. Anything that runs sp, DialgaChomp, BlazeRay, PG-13. These are only a few decks it is used in.
3. Find a sp radar, a energy and another cyrus's. Use the sp radar to get a sp. Next turn get a energy gain wiht cyrus's.
4. 4/5 only good in right deck with right stategy.
5. Plain and boring. There is no point to the background, there is cyrus with his hands in his pockets and some towers, so what he also looks annoyed. If I had to rate the picture I would give it a 2/5.
Remember, say safety after you farts, I'll be watching ;D

1. I do not use SP pokemon in my decks but I can tell that this would be the backbone of an SP deck, looking at the effect of the card.
2. If its an SP deck, it can be used.
3.Perhaps the Jirachi that just got reviewed would be a great combo, use it once and then use it again with Detour to double its effect.
4. 4/5, I don't use it though so this is all I can give based on theory.
5. 3/5, decent enough artwork but isn't great to be honest.

1. It is a supporter - You can't really go to say that it can have a deck around it,
2. All decks with SP in them can use it.
3. SP
4. 5/5; If this card was not a 5/5, then I don't know what would.
5. 2.5-3/5 - the artwork is fairly basic; but appropriate.

1. By itself in ANY deck, maybe not such a good idea. It can gather those Collectors, or any other supporter that you may need, or another Cyrus's. Also, stack up those basic energies in your deck, this card gets those into your hand right away.
2. GOD! Can I even name them. I put this card into most meta decks that I've played. It's definitely in all of the SP decks, wouldn't make sense not to have it.
3. You can pretty much tech this card into any deck. I like to see it comboed with PokeTurn and Crobat G in any deck. I've also seen other nice combos.
4. I'd give it a 5/5 because of its wonderful array of uses. Also, that rating goes for its role as a major staple - it is so reliable, sometimes too reliable :) 5. Like all of the Platinum artwork, it stands out. Looks dark and mysterious, and Cyrus is always creepy. I love this card, and Ken Sugimori delivers great art all the time. 4/5 for sure.

This is a staple for every SP deck. It is absolutely necessary to have 4 in each one. Essentially, its the old school Castaway.

Every SP deck in existence.

Its a supporter that can bring out everything you need for that turn. Any sp cards will love this supporter.

5/5. SP card staple. No question. Any other deck, its a 3/5.

5. How's the artwork?

I wouldn't want to mess with that dude. He might eat me. 5/5

*Of course it hurts everyone a little inside when they can only use one supporter each turn but this one really seems to justify that pain. Not only do you get another supporter to really boost your hand for next turn you find that you now are supplied an energy, and (of course if the deck you're playing is sp) you have a sick trainer to tehc your play.
*it is without a doubt in ever SP deck that is worthy of mention.
*it can combo with anything SP
*in a deck without SP cards?eh a 2.8. But a deck with SP? definitely a good 4.75 in my eyes
5. How's the artwork?
*eh pretty dull a 2 out of 5

1. It can't really stand on its own, but it works in sp decks. Its really a good card and is worth being played.
2. Anything SP
3. It searches itself or a supporter, an energy, and an awesome SP tool.
4. 5, its one of the BCIF and with awesome tools along with it, it can really pack a punch.
5. Eh, not sigamori's best.

1. This is Suproter that search for not one, not two, but 3 cards: Energy, another Supporter, and a Team Galactic Inventions, cards that are really useful as well (PokeTurn and Energy Gain are the prime examples). The heart of an SP Engine is this card.
2. As stated before this is used in every SP deck.
3. Jirachi's Detour, Sableye's Impersonate to name a few.
4. 4.5/5 This card is really good, but it is not a card that can by used by itself, it always has to be accompanied by other Supporters and especially Galactic Inventions.
5. Cyrus looks diabolical with the background.

Back