• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Curse gar reborn master's city's

thepliskin5005

Aspiring Trainer
Well this deck ive been devolping for a long time and now ive got it. A couple of days ago i was looking through my cards and i found electrode g its first attack reckless bomb does twenty all to your oppoents pokemon and does 100 to its self when electrode g is knocked out you can send up spiritomb. Then the next turn you can use gengars x compound pain.

Dodrio and unkown q helps with retreating. When you use shadow skip with gengar you bring gengar back to the bench and manectrick prevents damage to benched pokemon. You send up spiritomb as the active pokemon a lot with this deck. Here's my deck list.

Pokemon 27

3 gastley sf
3 haunter tri
2 gengar arceus
1 gengar prime tri
1 gengar x arceus
4 spiritomb arceus
2 doduo sv
2 dodrio ud
2 unkown q md
2 electrike pl
1 uxie La
1 manectrik Pl
1 mewtwo md
1 mewtwo x La
1 electrode g rr

Trainers supporters and stadiums 20

1 pokegear
4 bebe's serch
2 expert belt
1 bench shiled
4 pokemon collector
3 copy cat
2 broken time space
1 department store girl
1 underground expediton
1 professer elms traning metod

Energy 13

6 psychich
4 call energy
3 rainbow energy

- 2 electrike
- 1 manetric (you don't really need the bench protection
- 1 electrode g (do you really want to give up the prize?)
- 1 pokegear
- 1 department store girl
- 1 bench shield
- 1 underground expedition
- 3 Rainbow Energy

+ 1 Gastly (great starter)
+ 1-1 Uxie Lv.X (you need more uxies for draw power
+ 1 Azelf (get needed pokemon out of your prizes)
+ 2 Pokemon Communication
+ 1 Palmer's Contribution
+ 4 {P} (need more with the lost of Roseanne's)

Well gastley isnt always a good starter when you retreat him you hafe to discard a energy card unless if you evolve in to haunter so then its free retreat. Get rid of Manetrick thats been so great so far but now you say get rid of it and electrike can be so good if you start with him and have a pokemon collector in hand.

And yea i do want to give up a prize if it means winning the game. Azelf is anoying on the bench and you need space on the bench with this deck.

Pokegear can help me get a pokemon collector witch i need one at the start or a call energy. Well i usually use my serching cards at the begining and i usually have spiritomb at the begining so no thanks.
I dont really have a problem getting energy cards but this one time when i get two call energy and one psychich. Ive been thinking of takeing out department store girl but i dont know.

So having Azelf in this deck isn't worth it to retrieve a prized uxie (considering you are only running 1?), mewtwo/lv.x, or manectric (still not sure why this is being run). I would say you cut out the entire Manectric line and the Electrobe to increase consistency. So overall I would suggest...

-2 Electrike
-1 Manectric
-1 Electrode
-1 Pokegear
-1 Bench Shield
-3 Rainbow Energy
-1 Underground Expedition

+1 Uxie (LA)
+1 Azelf (LA) (BTW just because it is in the deck it doesn't mean you have to use it every game)
+3 Rescue Energy (Will get your lone Gengar Prime or a CurseGar back)
+3 Psychic Energy
+2 Lost World (You have Gengar Prime so you might as well have this as a second way to win)

Well pokemon rescuer would be good to get spiritomb out of the discard pile not gengar but this might be good ill think about this. Its for sure that they are not printing lost world so cant put that in. Did you read the stratigie for electrode g and manetrick on top of my deck list isnt it real good.

Well the rescue energy would be good if it was attached to the lost gengar but the curse gengar shouldnt really not be knocked out during the hole game ill think about that also. Well if uxie was prized it would be bad maybe ill put a uxie in but not a azelf.

Uh.... where are you getting your information because it has been essentially confirmed by PUSA that Lost World is being released (on one of the posters it said new stadiums i.e. plural and the only other stadium in the set is Indigo Plateau). Besides you would think that if they weren't releasing Lost World we would have gotten some information of them banning it in Japan seeing has how it has been released there for awhile.

Also, with Electrode G you are currently using 4 cards for 20 dmg to each of your opponents pokemon and only 50 after a Compound Pain. That many cards dedicated to that one situational tactic could cause problems for you in the long run especially if your Gengar Lv. X is prized considering you refuse to use an Azelf and you need to have one of your 3 Rainbow Energy that you can't search.

As for the Manectric line... if you insist on having it you should take out at least 1 electrike, but I do have good reasons against it as Manectric doesn't protect itself when it is on the bench unless you put a bench shield on it and with only 1 Bench Shield and 1 Department Store Girl to search for it the odds are not with you in getting this before your opponent can snipe with the current snipe decks in format. Also, I am pretty sure that this Manectric tactic won't protect you from a Gengar (SF) snipe because he places damage counters rather than doing direct damage. So, the only meta deck that your 4 card Manectric line is protecting against is Luxchomp which would probably just use Luxray to bring out something it wants to kill especially since most Luxchomp decks will probably start teching in a Gengar counter.

Sorry but the Electrode G strategy isn't that good. It requires too much effort to do only 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon. There's nothing to protect on the bench that is worth the two spots Manectric takes up at least.

I don't understand why you insist on not running Azelf. Azelf is great when cards you need are prized. Especially if you only run 1 to 2 of a card.

Gastly SF is actually a great starter. Pitch-Dark requires no energy and it puts your opponent into a trainer lock. The one retreat cost is managable. Spiritomb has one retreat cost. Unown Q can take care of that or you can just wait to evolve.

Running one Pokegear isn't helpful. There isn't a great chance it's going to be in your opening hand. I would just run more cards that can search like Pokemon Communication.

Well ill be takeing out one electrike and put in some thing that helps with drawing. Well did you take in acount when i use electrode g that there is already damage counters out and plus i can move damage counters with gengar and if i use compound pain two times i win. Well you might be right about lost world be in triumpahnt we will see in a couple of days. Yes your right menetrick dosent stop the attack shadow room.

Instead of wasting the space that electrode g takes up, you could just use shadow skip again. or use gengar prime's cursed droplets attack.

Um... what does Electrode G do for this deck?

First, I'd drop Great Gengar ASAP. It's text basically says "only use this card if you want to play lost world". This deck is obviously not geared towards lost world. Dropping in 1 great gar and 1-2 lost world will just waste your spots. ShadowRoom Gar is infinitely more useful. SFGar can 1 shot elves (curse help) and it has fainting spell. Polterguist is NOT BAD honestly. That one card can help you win very clutch games by picking off an easy elf. Next, you NEED 4 Ghastly. IF you cannot get the T1/2 trainer lock on SP, you might as well call GG. The manectric won't do anything due to the lack of sniping being played. The only real sniping I can think of right now is Garchomp, and Garchomp would be more than happy to OM NOM NOM on a free Manectric prize. Next, drop Dodrio altogether. This deck is about using its slowness to setup... but not being too slow. Dodrio will really halt your draw. Instead of Drio, 2 Unown Q should suffice. There is NO REASON why you should not play an azelf and 2 uxie. You absolutaly need good draws. And, ONCE AGAIN, I need to reiterate this. MEWTWO DOES NOT WIN GAMES. In a deck like this, you'll be handing out free prizes (kinda the nature of the deck). Mewtwo will be a deterrent rather than a saving grace. By the time you'll get mewtwo ready to go, your opponent will have a line-up of all the prizes they want to collect. Mewtwo will lose you the game when you rely on it. This deck naturally does well against SP if you can open with a trainer lock, and keep it going strong.

Your T/S/S line is... WEIRD. I cannot say that it is bad, but it is def not optimal. Drop Bench Shield, Department Store Girl, Underground Expedition, Copycat (depends how you feel about your ability to hold onto the trainer lock), and PETM. Replace the copycat with PONT (read parenthesis above). I'd recommend strengthening your trainer line a bit. Perhaps drop 2 Collector and then add some drawing trainers. That's up to you. Just don't EVER play more than 12 supporters in this deck. Just because you play trainer lock doesn't mean you have to avoid trainers.

Your Energy line is pretty simple. Just drop the rainbows and add 2 T/S/S and a psychic energy. No harm done there.

In summary, consistentcize (to make consistent) your deck. Remove the useless techs (mewtwo, trode, and manectric). Add a few drawing cards, and just power on through the game. This is NOT AS BAD as some of your past decks. gj ;P

Back