• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Cubone's got a bone to pick wit' yew...

Godzillian

Excellence does not come without effort.
Pokemon (10):
4x Cubone TM
4x Marowak TM (if there's a better one, please LMK)
2x Uxie
1x Azelf

TSS (41):
4x Dusk Ball
4x Quick Ball
2x PokeBall
1x Luxury Ball

4x Junk Arm
4x Defender
3x Buffer Piece
3x Expert Belt

3x Energy Search
2x Energy Exchanger

2x Marley's Request
4x Volkner's Philosophy
1x Flower Shop Lady

4x Snowpoint Temple

Energy (9):
4x DCE
5x Fighting Energy

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Strategy:
Simple strategy. Use Quick/Dusk/Poke/Lux Ball to get Marowaks into hand, Junk Arms & Volkner's Philosophy to discard the Waks. Recycle and reuse the Ball TSS with Junk Arms.

Defender & Buffer Piece to get Cubone to stay healthy.

Marley's Request to reuse TSS.

Snowpoint Temple & E-belts to increase Cubone's HP to protect it against OHKOs from counter-placing (e.g. Crobat G, Cursed Drops, etc etc).

Goal:
Stall until opponent runs out of deck or ragequits game. Or, even win by prizes! (Flip heads infinity, anyone?)

Pros:
Moderately fast. 3-4 Waks discarded by T2 & T3.

Heavy wall: with Snowpoint Temple, E-belt, Defenders and Buffer Pieces, active Cubone won't go anywhere.

Cons:
Relatively slow...3-4 Waks discarded by T2 & T3...(want to increase consistency here)

SPConditions, particularly PZN. What's Cubone with 40 HP going to do against a Crobat Prime that puts 40 per turn with PZN!? T_T

Not many recovery options:
only have the Flower Shop Lady; no room for Pokemon Rescue or anything else like that.
no Twins: Twins makes the deck too slow.

Machamp: TAKE OUT TAKE OUT TAKE OUT TAKE OUT TAKE OUT...
(but not many ppl in my area play that)

Weakness to Water (Gyarados): TAIL REVENGE = OHKO! Not much I can do about this...1-1-1 Exploud SV would ruin the consistency.

DGX: Practically AutoLoss, unless I run Blaziken FB X...

Vilegar: AutoLoss. Trainer-Lock based deck...nuff said.

Comments
This is just meant to be a fun league deck. I've playtested this 5-6 times and it's alright, consistency-wise.

I want to increase the consistency by adding in Regice and maybe Pokémon Collectors, but I dunno.

Please help improve, thanks!

RE: Speed Cubone Wall

^i want to play this just to see someone rage quit against it lol.

maybe regice? it can discard and then junk arm to discard more maybe get rid of the energy searches and then add some collector to get cubones just in case you dont start with one. i like the idea of this deck....and also dialga beats this deck to death

Hikikomori-san said:
SPConditions, particularly PZN. What's Cubone with 40 HP going to do against a Crobat Prime that puts 40 per turn with PZN!? T_T
Unown G FTW!!!

Anyway, I see Energy Search as absolutely worthless. For the decks you are worried about, there are a few options.

• Machamp - Uxie Lv.X + Lucario GL (type effectiveness)
• Gyarados - Luxray GL + Luxray GL Lv.X + Lightning Energy (type effectiveness)
• Dialga G Lv.X - Blaziken FB + Blaziken FB Lv.X + Fire Energy (type effectniveness)
• Trainer Lock - Blaziken FB + Blaziken FB Lv.X + Fire Energy (Drag it up and KO it)

Therefore, I suggest:

-3 Energy Search

+ Uxie Lv.X
+ Lucario GL
+ Free Card

or

+ Luxray GL
+ Luxray GL Lv.X
+ Lightning Energy

or

+ Blaziken FB
+ Blaziken FB Lv.X
+ Fire Energy

It depends on which one will give you the most trouble. Plus, you need a backup attacker, just in case.

@ Decmaster: While those would be very good improvements to this deck (as to any other deck), I simply don't have those cards on hand. I could proxy them, but I generally only proxy cards that I can get a hold of easily.

You're right about the Energy Search being useless though lol. I just realized that I come into Energy pretty sufficiently. I thought that with 9 Energy cards I wouldn't be able to draw up any in time; playtesting a bit more, I found out otherwise.

@ catutie: Yeah DGX totally beats down this deck. Which is why I should run 1-1 Blaziken FB X, which is what Decmaster suggested. Only problem is, I traded mine away. : (

Regice + Collectors are fine. I think they'll screw up my consistency though. I could be using Volkner's instead of Collector's. Drawing into Collectors lategame is a dead draw too, since I have minimal Pokemon. I think I either run 4 Regice LA + 4 PokeComm, or 2 Regice LA + 2-3 Pokemon Communication. Not sure.

Will test out Regice + Collectors though; will also look for any Blaziken FB Xs...

Why would you take out Regice? It is a must IMO, anyways though, I think Marowak LA is actually slightly better than the TM print, but it really doesn't matter all that much. Volkner's isn't good for anything, especially when you are playing so many Supporters, your hands will most all the time have more than 6 cards in them, drop 3 of the Volkner's for Collector's and or PONT's which ever one you think is better. Also I think that PokeDrawers are a better option than your Quick Balls, they will drastically add to the speed of this list. Hope that these suggestions help you out.

@ Vulpix Volk:
Well, I'll try 1x Regice LA. Haven't playtested it in the deck yet.

I'm not running many Supporters o_o I only have these:
2x Marley's Request
4x Volkner's Philosophy
1x Flower Shop Lady

That's 7 Supporters, out of 41 TSS cards. Volkner's is actually really handy for refreshing my hand, especially when I literally, HAVE no hand. It's an extra discard opportunity and one of my only draw power cards (the other being Uxie).

If anything, Quick Ball is my best Trainer here, asides from Luxury Ball. I have a high chance of drawing into a Marowak, or a backup Cubone, or an Uxie / Azelf. I would prefer to take out Dusk Ball for the PokeDrawer+, since Dusk Ball isn't very consistent with this deck. I'll try that out.

The reason why I'm so hesitant to put in any more Supporters is that, it will most definitely affect the consistency and speed of this deck. I have done T1, T2 and T3 Marowak Discarded setups.

@ EspeonROX:

Yeah, that's what I thought. : ( Thanks a lot lol...

Neither of the above 2 posts are particularly helpful. Thanks for the spam guys. At least make your point clear.

@ MGS-58: What is this I don't even

@ Scizorliscious: Do you mean one kind of Evolution? Like I only have the 4 Marowaks as my Evolution cards?...

= \

EDIT:

Actually, Dual Ball would be a good option, instead of Pokemon Collectors...will try that out.

^My post was in response to MGS-58, based on Pokéballs being able to search for Evolution Cards...
Never mind.
Keep the Collectors. Dual Balls are too flippy, and you don't run enough Supporters for it to not be worth it.

Back